New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly!

4 posters

Go down

New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly! Empty New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly!

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Forum Update:  Sam's Celtics Forum is now AD-FREE for all forum members!  And Mobile Friendly!

No more advertising!  No more annoying malware!  Stay in touch from almost anywhere!

You can now enjoy the forum without the distraction of advertising.  Malware problems associated with the ads should now be eliminated.

SPECIAL NOTE TO GUESTS; Join the forum as a member and you too will be able to read or post without the ads!

...See the Welcome! and Help topic in the forum Home page for instructions on how to join us.

Mobile User Notes;

Go to; samcelt.forumotion.net

You can reply to posts in a topic just as you do from your desktop/laptop by scrolling to the bottom of each topic.

You'll even see avatars appear in each post.

Google Chrome users can now open the forum in Chrome, on any Android device.

You do have the option to switch away from the mobile view to the classic view, but we caution against it.  It's a tiny replica of your PC or Mac desktop and hard to read and navigate.  In order to go back to the mobile friendly view you have to clear the cache in your browser.

Last edited by NYCelt on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly! Empty Re: New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly!

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:38 am

I still see plenty of ads.
Quicken Loans, a car dealership and a trucking company were some of the ads I just saw.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly! Empty Re: New & Improved; Sam's Celtics Forum Is Now Ad-Free For All Forum Members! And Mobile Friendly!

Post by gyso Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 pm

tjmakz wrote:I still see plenty of ads.
Quicken Loans, a car dealership and a trucking company were some of the ads I just saw.

How about now?

We bought the credits to shut off the ads yesterday, but we didn't know that we had to go back in and spend them in order to complete the process.

My bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:44 pm

gyso wrote:
tjmakz wrote:I still see plenty of ads.

How about now?

We bought the credits to shut off the ads yesterday, but we didn't know that we had to go back in and spend them in order to complete the process.

My bad.

It's all good now. The ads are gone.
Thanks gyso!
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:36 pm

For those that found the ads a pain, and those that found the recent malware riding in on them a matter of concern...

The removal of both was the result of a conversation between Pete and gyso, and some quick action by gyso.  They were both instrumental in the construction of this forum in 2009 as two of the founding members, and they never stop looking for ways to make it even better.

And you thought Danny Ainge was the only one looking to build something special!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:24 pm

NYCelt wrote:
And you thought Danny Ainge was the only one looking to build something special!

Somebody already built something special here several years ago. But thanks to everyone who continues to keep it special by maintaining it.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down