Ray Allen talking about a comeback with the Celtics.

+11
dboss
Ram
swish
wideclyde
k_j_88
gyso
kdp59
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
Matty
international
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ray Allen talking about a comeback with the Celtics. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Allen talking about a comeback with the Celtics.

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 pm

Funny thing about all of this is that it is Allen doing all the talking. No rumors out there about Danny, or even Wyc thinking this might be a good idea. I do not see him ending up here. I did see a pix of him a while ago and he is still in phenomenal shape. Gotta give it to him for that. Two years away from the game is a long time.

I just do not see it happening
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen talking about a comeback with the Celtics. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Allen talking about a comeback with the Celtics.

Post by Berlin-T Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:02 pm

I have not, nor have I ever had any resentment towards Ray Allen. I can understand his reasons for leaving.

That said, I don't think he'd be a good fit for us at the moment.

However if Danny and Brad see it otherwise I'd have no problem welcoming Ray Allen back into the fold.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:55 pm

dboss wrote:Hey painter33

I have to take an opposing point of view.

Adding a veteran like Allen would  make sense if we are heading to the championship this year.  But that is probably not going to happen.   So why waste a roster spot?  There are already enough players competing for the 15th roster spot.  I do not see Allen being part of that.  Also, I know he always kept himself in great shape but he has not played for 2 years and just turned 41 years old in July.  

I do not think he was treated badly by the Celtics and in particular Danny Ainge.  Everybody knows that Danny has stated many many times that any player could be traded.  I think you may be over looking some facts.  Allen was upset that Doc put him on the bench in favor of Avery Bradley.  Secondly Ainge treated him well enough to offer Ray more money than he got from the Heat.  I wish someone would treat me badly by giving me more CASH.  The last point I will make concerns your comments that Rondo did not do a good job getting Ray Allen the ball at the right time and at the right place.  Rondo was a great distributor of the ball and the big 3 each got their share.  

dboss

I agree with your version, Rondo made great passes constantly in that Big 3 era, its too bad Green was out and Bradley hurt his shoulders in the 12 playoff run, we gave Miami all they could handle.....and refs gave them a key game that series, the Rondo non call on a career scoring night for him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2