What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

+8
NYCelt
dboss
wideclyde
steve3344
sinus007
kdp59
bobheckler
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 am

Follow

Basketball ReferenceVerified account
‏@bball_ref
DeMarcus Cousins now has 23 30-point, 15-rebound games, one behind Kevin Garnett's total for his career http://bkref.com/tiny/eylno  #Kings

RETWEETS
DreamVisionsPatMike StilesCubby & JJ!Stephen Van Maanen8thLeoMartha RiddleLinda MyersDean Rader
12:55 PM - 13 Dec 2016
1 reply 33 retweets 35 likes
Reply  1   Retweet  33  
Like 35

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&is_playoffs=N&age_min=0&age_max=99&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=15&order_by=pts

Query Results
Share & more
Modify & Share Table
Embed this Table
Get table as CSV (for Excel)
Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
About Sharing Tools
Glossary

Rk.....Player.........................Pos.....From..........To..........Count
1.......Shaquille O'Neal*..........C.......1993...........2007......105
2.......Charles Barkley*...........F........1986..........1999........83
3.......Hakeem Olajuwon*........C.......1985..........1997........75
4.......Karl Malone*.................F.......1987..........2000........70
5.......Patrick Ewing*...............C......1986..........1999........51
6.......David Robinson*............C.......1990.........2000........49
7.......Tim Duncan..................F........1998.........2013........44
8.......Dwight Howard.............C........2007.........2016........40
9.......Moses Malone*..............C.......1984.........1992........31
10.....Kevin Love.....................F.......2011.........2014........27
11.....Kevin Garnett.................F.......2000.........2007........24
12.....DeMarcus Cousins...........C......2013.........2017........23
13.....Dirk Nowitzki.................F.......2001.........2014........19
14.....Zach Randolph................F.......2003........2013.........19
15.....Larry Bird*....................F........1984........1991.........18

bob
MY NOTE:  Some pretty damn fine company he's keeping there.  Every player ahead of him, except for Kevin Love and Dwight Howard, is in the HOF and they will be too.  Think of it:  by the end of this year Boogie will be in the top 10 all-time and he's only 26 years old.  Almost certainly, by the time he's done, he will be no lower than 6th, with only Shaq, Barkley, Hakeem and maybe Howard and Love ahead of him.  Then again, Howard is 31 years old.  How many more 30/15 games will he have?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:29 pm

1 hour ago – via Twitter billherenda
Bill Herenda: . @Bobby Marks says multiple 1sts & a good player in exchange 4 #DeMarcusCousins what he would look 4 @Frank Isola @Brian Scalabrine @Sirius XM NBA

bob
MY NOTE:  I think this is saying that is what Bobby Marks, who is a former NBA GM, would look for.  It doesn't say that's what Sacto is asking for.  He's just setting what he considers to be a reasonable value for Boogie.  IF he's right, then Danny can give them a Brooklyn pick and one of our future firsts and maybe Kelly and another player to make the numbers work.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:03 pm

sheeeettttt.........

I'd give em the rights to next years nets pick, our pick the following year, Amir (for salary matching) and any other player (except Horford and Thomas) they want.

I still doubt Horford and Cousins can play together long term, but that the hell it might be fun to watch.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Bob -

Just to clarify. Did you just say Dwight Howard and Kevin Love are hall of famers?

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:49 pm

The Celtics are not going to make a trade for Cousins.

It is not going to happen. Stop torturing yourselves.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:14 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Bob -

Just to clarify.  Did you just say Dwight Howard and Kevin Love are hall of famers?

MrKleen,

No. I was trying to say they are not HOFers but probably will be. More so Howard than Love.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Bob -

Just to clarify.  Did you just say Dwight Howard and Kevin Love are hall of famers?

MrKleen,

No.  I was trying to say they are not HOFers but probably will be.  More so Howard than Love.

bob

Yeah, sorry - that is what I meant to ask. I dont see either of them, particularly Howard being HOF material.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics are not going to make a trade for Cousins.

It is not going to happen.  Stop torturing yourselves.

dboss

I agree. Not happening for many reasons.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:52 pm

NYCelt wrote:

dboss

I agree.  Not happening for many reasons.

If we had seen some indication that Danny was interested then I would be interested. The only statement from him that I can recall as it relates to Cousins was that he was not looking to add a disruptive player to the roster.

I also think that Celtics fans are very impatient. We have used numerous 1st round picks to help build this roster and added some quality players from other teams like Horford, IT and Crowder. It is still going to take some time for the pups to become really good players. There upside seems to increase as this season moves along. And we have other pups in the pipeline overseas and still in college.

If we want a long term competitive team it makes great sense to build through the draft and continue to do what Danny is doing. Namely... adding quality veterans to the mix as opportunities present themselves and parting with those players that do not fit into our long term strategic plan.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:24 am

Never seen this before.  NBA refereeing has become so bad.  SO bad.  Adam Silver has done a pretty good job but it seems like the refs have become completely emasculated under him (a level playing field for Lauren Holtkamp?)

Boogie scored 55 points in Sacto's victory over Portland last night.  He got ejected for showing emotion, which resulted in his mouthpiece flying out of his mouth as he was talking some smack to the Portland bench.  Terry Stott, of course, talked it up. He was then REINSTATED and came back onto the floor.

55 points on 17-28, 16-17 from the line, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks. 41 minutes.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 pm

dboss wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

dboss

If we had seen some indication that Danny was interested then I would be interested.  The only statement from him that I can recall as it relates to Cousins was that he was not looking to add a disruptive player to the roster.  

I also think that Celtics fans are very impatient.  We have used numerous 1st round picks to help build this roster and added some quality players from other teams like Horford, IT and Crowder.  It is still going to take some time for the pups to become really good players.  There upside seems to increase as this season moves along.  And we have other pups in the pipeline overseas and still in college.

If we want a long term competitive team it makes great sense to build through the draft and continue to do what Danny is doing.  Namely... adding quality veterans to the mix as opportunities present themselves and parting with those players that do not fit into our long term strategic plan.

dboss

It's funny how in 1996-97, the fans were willing to be patient and were excited about Antoine, two lotto picks in '97 and likely another coming in '98 as they rebuilt the team, but it was the new coach/President Pitino who was not patient. Taking Mercer over McGrady, signing Knight and Mills, idiotically moving a '99 1st for Potopenko and of course Billups for Kenny Anderson. 

But now, despite SIX players drafted between 3 and 17 in the past four drafts all still between the ages of 20-25, a pick in this upcoming draft pretty much guaranteed to fall top 6, another lotto pick looming in 2018 and a 5 year rebuild that started in 2013 being at least 1-2 years ahead of schedule, the fans are somehow in no mood to be patient. 

I guess that's what happens when they fall in love with a core crew of 5-6 underachievers who somehow dragged a team that should have been top 10 in the lotto in 2015 to the #7 seed and then added Al Horford as the first major free agent in his prime this team has ever signed into the mix. 

This team truly is one superstar or two all-stars away from being a title contender. But getting them is no easy task. If Danny can't trade for the superstar then waiting for two out of Brown and Nets '17 and '18 picks to become all-stars isn't the end of the world. Bradley, Smart, Olynyk, Zizic, Yabusele, Crowder and Rozier will still all be in their primes when that happens. But unfortunately Horford will be nearing the end of his huge deal at age 33 and Thomas will be a 5'9" man expected to do in his 30's what he did in his 20's, which rarely works out in the end. 

Ah the frustrating crossroads of the Stevens era Celtics.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Ram wrote:
dboss wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

dboss

If we had seen some indication that Danny was interested then I would be interested.  The only statement from him that I can recall as it relates to Cousins was that he was not looking to add a disruptive player to the roster.  

I also think that Celtics fans are very impatient.  We have used numerous 1st round picks to help build this roster and added some quality players from other teams like Horford, IT and Crowder.  It is still going to take some time for the pups to become really good players.  There upside seems to increase as this season moves along.  And we have other pups in the pipeline overseas and still in college.

If we want a long term competitive team it makes great sense to build through the draft and continue to do what Danny is doing.  Namely... adding quality veterans to the mix as opportunities present themselves and parting with those players that do not fit into our long term strategic plan.

dboss

It's funny how in 1996-97, the fans were willing to be patient and were excited about Antoine, two lotto picks in '97 and likely another coming in '98 as they rebuilt the team, but it was the new coach/President Pitino who was not patient. Taking Mercer over McGrady, signing Knight and Mills, idiotically moving a '99 1st for Potopenko and of course Billups for Kenny Anderson. 

But now, despite SIX players drafted between 3 and 17 in the past four drafts all still between the ages of 20-25, a pick in this upcoming draft pretty much guaranteed to fall top 6, another lotto pick looming in 2018 and a 5 year rebuild that started in 2013 being at least 1-2 years ahead of schedule, the fans are somehow in no mood to be patient. 

I guess that's what happens when they fall in love with a core crew of 5-6 underachievers who somehow dragged a team that should have been top 10 in the lotto in 2015 to the #7 seed and then added Al Horford as the first major free agent in his prime this team has ever signed into the mix. 

This team truly is one superstar or two all-stars away from being a title contender. But getting them is no easy task. If Danny can't trade for the superstar then waiting for two out of Brown and Nets '17 and '18 picks to become all-stars isn't the end of the world. Bradley, Smart, Olynyk, Zizic, Yabusele, Crowder and Rozier will still all be in their primes when that happens. But unfortunately Horford will be nearing the end of his huge deal at age 33 and Thomas will be a 5'9" man expected to do in his 30's what he did in his 20's, which rarely works out in the end. 

Ah the frustrating crossroads of the Stevens era Celtics.

Ram,

I agree.  Some patience is merited. Should we trade our bench for an all-star? Of course. Is that likely? Uh, no. So, that means nibbling around the edges until next free agency and hoping our young'uns step up.

On the other hand...

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? - Page 2 Vultures-patience-my-ass

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2