Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:49 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2016/12/comments-from-other-side-spurs-121416.html

We're coming off a great performance and we should be well rested for this one after three days off. So I'm expecting another a impressive 1st quarter and a win.

Boston's a tough team though so we're going to have to bring it on both ends.

No IT for the Celtics tonight. That should make our lives a little easier tonight.

Should be an easy win without Thomas. PGs is usually where the spurs struggle and I cant imagine Smart going supernova on us.

Well this a no-excuse type of game that you could officially write off this team if they lay an egg tonight: 3 days of rest + @home + an opponent missing their starting PG..

Celts have probably the softest bigs in NBA, so hopefully Lamarcus showcases himself for his future team..

Thanks my friend. Yes,,imagine how different Parker's career might have been in bean town. Would he have been the Rondo of 2008? (Actually 2008 Tony would have been fearsome on that Celtic team)

Smart and Bradley might be the best defensive backcourt in the league tbh

LaMarcus Aldridge (rest) is out for tonight’s Spurs-Celtics game.

Damn. How much rest does he need? Either he is injured or maybe those malcontent rumors are true...

Yea idk. This is weird to rest your 2nd best player after 3 days of not playing. I would lean towards the former, but who knows.

LMA out, some guy who used to play for Knicks, Warriors, Celtics, and Dallas is starting.

You just know Gerald Green will long 2 the spurs into another home loss

The almost Celtic "Tony Parker!!"

Tony is making his shots by the way.

Hes a scrub though.

Apparently hubie brown is unaware of smart’s pension for flopping

I was thinking the same thing. I know Manu is the legend, and Patty is the protoge, but Marcus is becoming legendary.

Aldridge not playing so he is fit for his trade physical?

Celtics don't play defense, they play f***ing rugby. I don't think I've seen a team this season push and shove on literally every play. Their screens are almost universally terrible. Earlier someone grabbed Manu and physically held his hand to prevent him from getting around the pick.

This is how to play. They almost always hustle and adjust as the refs call fouls. Very well coached. They are a tough team, especially without their best scorer.

I find it refreshing. They play their whole team. They play hard. Better than playing the Nets. They make us play hard. We get so much more out of these games even with their lack of talent. They have literally no interior D so they do what they can.

Hooray for David Lee. Now why couldn’t Dallas find minutes for this guy?

Rick Carlisle is probably wishing he had Lee right about now.

I love hubie as an announcer, but how many times he says "now" or starts sentences with "now you see what happened there was…" should be a Vegas betting line.

If you made a drinking game out of Hubie-isms, it would be wise to update your will.

David Lee looks like a better defender than LMA. And that’s really saying something.

Lee is such a freaking good ball hander. His handle is low and tight and comfortable. He looks like a guard coming up the court.

Boy the refs are letting them get away with a lot of travels and illegal screens.

I think the NBA (mostly) gave up on those calls about eight years ago.

Olynik desperately trying to get offensive foul. Refs aren’t obliging.

I'm surprised there is Celtic fans in the crowd.

Gotta keep playing with energy because Boston will beat you up all night but their players get demoralized easily (I know Olynyk does).

CP3 is great, but I don’t want him unless he has a personality software update/rewrite.

Olynyk off the dribble all night long

I've been in Eastern Europe too long, NBA cheerleaders look fat.

Why do our starters suck so much?

Celtics second unit ran Spurs starters off the floor.

Looking forward to a Stevens ATO play

You asked for it and he ended the half with it

Lee looks like he’s having so much fun. I was SURE that long rebound was going to Celtics.

Brad Stevens with the inbound play He’s good

Apparently I think clearer when I’m sick than when I’m drunk. Huh.

If only Pau wasn't subtraction by addition

Celtics front office should be fired for drafting a bunch of busts and maxing out the Dominican Carlos Boozer

Manu got his revenge on young Jaylen for that (very very daring) steal…

Boy I hate Olynyk… and I’m Canadian

Help me decide on Kelly Olynyk. I don’t know whether to dismiss him as dirty-play-prone hack or to admire his scrappiness and admit that he finds ways to contribute.

Would he fight if he were a hockey player? There’s your answer

Other than Waiters, he’s my least favorite guy in the league.

Porker wants to play till he's 40

If Tony wants to play five more years and retire a spur... Then hopefully the spurs assign him to Austin ASAP and leave him there

Surprisingly easy game tbh

Their best player is out, tbh.

Noticed immediately. Celts' overall D has really picked up, while ours has fallen apart.

The hell? Stop watching for a little while when we were up 15 and it was suddenly a 1 point game? I feel a gutless worms thread bump coming on. This is such a strange squad we have this year.

Oh God that Jerevko shot..

Is it safe to say that hubie is a little old school and is a big believer in bigs scoring near the basket?

Yes, but he’s no Bill "THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!" Walton.

It’s Tony Rozier’s game that’s somehow killing Spurs

So much miracle BS from Celtics tonight. Also, where was that foul, exactly?

Celtics are getting a lot more "benefit of the doubt" foul calls.

Rozier is an official random Spurs killer

How is that not and+1 on Crowder

Celtics got away with yet another travel

They travelled all the way from Boston, what’s 4 more steps…

DAVID LEE HUSTLE!

Do Celts get free tacos for going over 100?

Good win against a scrappy team... Plus we've terrible games at home this season... Plus no LMA..

I'm not blinded by the dub. It wasn't the team at its best and despite missing LMA, it had no right being close with them missing Thomas.

All those empty seats on a nationally televized game

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away

Post by bobc33 Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:29 am

Pretty knowledgeable fan base compared to most other teams.

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Spurs, Away

Post by worcester Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:41 am

Two years ago I was the only guy on this site to be happy about the Rozier pick. He's turning out ok, as the Spurs fans rightly observe. I was surprised they didn't comment on Jalen, who does well every time he's given a chance.

Now I predict that Zizic will be a huge plus for us - not next season, but the one after that. He will develop a 12'-15' outside shot, given his 80% frito %. That said, we still need inside help, and Amir, Zeller, and Kelly should all be gone next season.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down