Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 pm

https://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2023/01/comments-from-other-side-spurs-1723.html

by FLCeltsFan

Let's get this tank back on track!
Adam Silver doing his buds Boston a favor by not giving the lethal Spurs any time off after slaughtering the streaking Pistons.

Pop wins tonight they better give him COY.

We all know were losing. The Celtics actually have a basketball team

I’m going to put on my fiesta Derrick white jersey and get as drunk as I can in a 2.5 hour period and call it a fun night. Go spurs

langford is having a career season this season, with highs in minutes, starts, points, rebounds, assists, and steals. sadly, he is still a poor 3-pt shooter.

starting jones and langford gives a backcourt that is shooting 27.7% and 27.3% from three. that is not so good

It's great for the tank.

I was a big fan of Romeo while he was in Boston. Such quick feet and balance on defense. But a hard time staying healthy in Boston.

Derrick's first game back in AT&T Center since last February. Derrick will get a tribute video before the game.

Drunken game prediction: Derrick White will mistakenly score at his own basket after fans in AT&T Center giving him a sounding welcome.

Should be a nice looking loss on the board today. Lmao. I hope Sochan and the other young guys look decent though.

Romeo career night right?

Tonight's Prediction? - Holy Crap

The second of a back-to-back has us facing one of the toughest teams in the league, this without three starters, because of course!

I've liked the progress with Romeo so far. Crazy to think he was just a throw in on the deal that keeps giving With JR, Blake and now Lang. Not to mention that looming 2028 first-round pick swap top-1 protected. All for White? of a deal by Spurs front office.

Jaylen Brown & Jayson Tatum scare me. They can score at will if they're feeling it.

I agree. I almost left the Y's out myself. I said oh right Jay-len and Jay-son. Though I like the way their names are spelled because it sounds like Jay. Wink

It’s the Y’s for me. I keep thinking I’ll leave them out. (MY NOTE: WTF?)

This one should be over quick. Derek White is better than every player we have available lol and I’m not big on D White.

No lies, a burst of pollen came across my face after that Derrick White tribute.

I miss you Derrick 😭

Nice defense by Derrick there.

This is the loudest I’ve heard the AT&T Center be in a while - Celtics fans cheering

Don’t think I’ll watch this game if I have to listen to 48 minutes of Kendrick Perkins 😂😂😂

go ahead romeo cook them

A double digit deficit a third of the way into the 1ST Q...

Nice tribute for Derrick. Makes the Celtics tolerable tbh

lol Celtics announcers Scalabrine and Perk

Jaylen Brown’s controller died lol

Derrick making 3s is extra painful lol

Boston seems a little frazzled for a team up big early lol

Collins getting the bad passes out of the way early. Jones had Tatum on him. Why would you pass him the ball in the paint.

Man that defense is good

Romeo reverting to his Celtics version with all the missed bunnies in honour of facing his former team.

Tatum and Brown were so shocked by Sochan's one handed FTs they weren't on same page they very next play on basic pass which caused turnover.

Oh yeah Timelord is gonna be a problem

OK. Need to take advantage of Jaylen Brown being on the bench.

That guy looks like Gordon haywards cousin

J Rich had this game circled on his calendar

Why does Perkins insist on being so unlikeable

JRich for MVP

Boston looking complacent. Tatum looking like he’s going to get T’d up for complaining.

Dougie takes the wildest 3s lol. It's great when they work but when they don't....I guess this year it's also great

Tatum got it going now and that’s not good news for us

Aw frap Tatum decided to play

It's not fun when he does that to us

Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum have 21 of the 44 points for the Celtics. That's pretty insane.

Jaylen Brown has 10 and Jayson Tatum has 11. They average like 58 per game between the two.

Jayson Tatum makes a 3 and Pop immediately calls timeout. 47-38 Boston.

This is better than I expected. I thought we'd be getting blown out by now.

Boston writers commenting on how different Pop and Joe Mazzulla are. What do you expect? Pop's 73 years old and has been an NBA coach for 26 years. Joe Mazzulla's in his first year as a head coach

Sochan has to learn the Euro step rather than driving into guys. Got caught by the Derrick White step up to take a charge special.

White was always so good at drawing offensive fouls

Romeo ANOTHER O board and putback. He has such a great knack for being in the right place, right time, and right timing.
(MY NOTE: True! He always had a nose for the ball when he was in Boston, and was healthy...)

Everyone is solid today, luckily we're playing the Celtics, it would've been a W against a lot of teams.

Celtics taking it easy on us after that trade

Perk is just as annoying and salty as usual I see

MVP chants for Tatum.

Tatum is simply unstoppable.

Boston going for 140 right now

Wouldn't be surprising to me. They scored 124 against Dallas on Thursday.

Just leave the puppies out on the court. We don’t need a second half.

The Celtics are kind of mailing it in. Shouldn't have even bothered scheduling this one, plus the refs are pushing them along to help.

Tatum's got 20. He's definitely on his way to 30 at minimum.

11-0 Spurs run. We got the momentum

I like this version of Romeo that is looking to get physical and score

Langford is showing why Spurs should take the occasional flyer on former first round picks that haven’t panned out on other teams. Langford may never be a star, or even a starter on a playoff team, but he’s showing a lot more than he ever did in Boston.

How the heck are we hanging on to this game lol? I was expecting a blow out.

There’s never been a player less deserving of a league award than Marcus Smart. Getting hurt because he’s throwing himself on the court. Bum

D**n man Smart died from that Zollins screen

Marcus Smart is foul merchant. He's taken over from James Harden as the master of fake foul hunting.

At least he was hurt there. Looked like a flop at first now I think the contact just injured him. Unfortunate for him

Looks like the Celtics are playing down to us.

this is my first time listening to Perkins as an announcer and it is beyond atrocious. To the point that, how is this even allowed on air?? There's virtually 0% chance Celtics fans like this either. He's so horrendously bad it literally boggles my mind that this is a thing.

Timelord reminds me of when Jordan stretched his arm out for that half-court dunk in Space Jam

There’s still a pretty noticeable talent gap for now, and that has/will lead to some bad games, but the Spurs play tough as sh**. They’re really making the Celtics play all 4 quarters, can’t ask for much more than that

Boston's a good 4th quarter team. Need to keep it close.

yea their bench beating ours here to start the fourth is not good for our chances. This was the group saving us most of the night

Are they using Village People music because it's Pride Night?

So the Celtics play basketball but Timelord plays volleyball, smacking every ball near him.

Is Perkins and Scalabrini calling the Celtics game?

Jayson really likes to use his off hand to push off.

Refs just giving Celtics the ball now

Jaylen Brown is a d*** but I'll be his biggest fan for the next 6 minutes.

Finally a call against Tatum

Coyote gets a fist bump from Derrick White LOL

Is Langford the first Hall of Famer the Celtics have ever traded away? (MY NOTE: No, that would be Easy Ed Macauley, the #7 pick and a date with the Ice Capades in exchange for the #1 pick, Bill Russell. We've also traded away Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson. Pitino was the idiot who traded Billups.)

Taytum and Brown sure use their off-hands a lot to get open

Derrick makes winning plays even without stuffing the stat sheet idk I miss the dude

That should've been a foul on Tatum.

Tell me about it. I like both Tatum and Brown but they sure have got away with a lot in this one.

Refs have no shame

So Tatum pushed a defender but nothing was called...

This is basically the former Celtics revenge tour

Having a strong urge to yell “NOOO NOT THIS GUY” as soon as Rob Williams checks in

The Celtics commentators are incredibly annoying. Almost as bad as the rockets and warriors.

JRich, Langford and Blake Wesley for Derek White not looking that bad.

JRICH FOR THE GAME TYING 3!!!

FU Richardson........

Langford and Richardson out here looking for revenge

We won the trade

Lol that White trade was such a fleece

Idk this loss is on pop imo. Poor usage of timeouts and challenges

Can tell how much the spurs players all like Derrick

Realistically that’s how you wanna lose Play one of the best , fight hard and give the young guys some good experience

Maybe if we used our challenge on that Tatum 3pt play 🤷🏻‍� Oh well. Great game and the tank rolls on

Close losses are all I want this season. He** yeah

Im convinced the spurs are really good at tanking

Best L possible. Now trade JRich and Doug.

Spurs running a tank orchestra masterfully pushing the limit and then tossing the game right at the end.

Spurs have no idea how to tank

Well, what an entertaining game from the Spurs. Almost the former Celtics revenge game with Langford and Richardson torching Boston.

I will say I'm not sure what's going on with Boston, but their ability to contain ball handlers was shocking today. Trey Jones, Romeo Langford, Josh Richardson, pretty much everyone on the Spurs who wanted to take more than a few dribble to the basket pretty easily got all the way there. Boston's rim protection was strong enough to keep it from fully ruining their evening, but I was really surprised how a team with so many good perimeter defenders was being diced up by maybe the team in the league least equipped with dynamic dribble penetrators.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23

Post by Ktron Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:18 pm

Is Perkins and Scalabrini calling the Celtics game?

No they were having an inside discussion. There just happened to be a game going on where they sit.

Actually Perk and Scal were not as bad as I expected.

Dude who bad mouthed Perkins in another comment obviously is listening to how Perk speaks as opposed to what Perk is saying. Thats his problem. Not Perks.

The Celtics commentators are incredibly annoying. Almost as bad as the rockets and warriors.

Unfortunately we have another one with these 2 coming up in Houston.

I don't care for Players only broadcasts.. Perk and Scal didn't destroy the room but Fk , I dont want people
To think that they are our broadcast team.

Perkins was analyzing the game pretty well but Scal obviously cant do either.

Scal kept bringing up people who work for the C’s that nobody even heard of. Repeatedly referred to the team as ‘The Boston Celtics’ and
Then on more than one occasion he referred to Romeo as Tatum’s former friend.
What a douch…

starting jones and langford gives a backcourt that is shooting 27.7% and 27.3% from three. that is not so good

It's great for the tank.

Dayum! Never been on a thread where damn near everyone is praying and hoping that their team loses!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 1/7/23

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:12 pm

Ktron wrote:Is Perkins and Scalabrini calling the Celtics game?

Dude who bad mouthed Perkins in another comment obviously is listening to how Perk speaks as opposed to what Perk is saying. Thats his problem. Not Perks.

Well said.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down