Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:33 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/01/comments-from-other-side-spurs-123118.html

by FLCeltsFan

Good matchup tonight. Two well coached teams. I expect LMA to bang Horford on the inside while Horford tries to cash in from the outside

Celtics are thin up front without Baynes and should have trouble with Aldridge. Key will be us not letting anyone go crazy for Boston (Irving, Tatum)and the Celtics being able to contain Aldridge.

L. Kyrie drops 60

Oh wow, didn't realize there's a game tonight, and an NBA finals preview to boot!

Golden State is playing Toronto tonight?  

Pop asked the Boston writers whether Kyrie Irving was here. When they said yes, Pop was like “damn, I thought he’d have something else to do.” Funny stuff.

Celts three point favorites in the Spurs building.

Smitty and Mchale don't think Spurs are a contender. Can't really argue with that. Mchale also basically said that the last 10 was a fluke.

Trade Pau and Toronto’s 1st rd pick for Gordon haywood Celtics shed salary cap (which they need to do if they want to keep Irving) Spurs get a quality SF (MY NOTE: I'm cooling on Hayward but, are you serious? Pau is 38 years old, has almost nothing left, and I think we have Bird Rights on Kyrie, so we can go over the cap)

Would be nice, but I think Hayward’s contract is more than Pau’s salary.

Not looking good early. Aldridge is literally the worst finisher around the rim for a big guy I've ever seen next to Pau.  We are playing decent defense though.

Boston is definitely more aggressive, but we’re missing a lot of bunnies/ wide open 3’s.

I really wish Gordon Hayward can get his shots back so raps can have competition

Jaylen brown has been unstoppable. Idk how people criticize him

He’s not consistent, but of course he’s unstoppable versus us

He has been inconsistent due to a nagging injury. Really good young player with monster explosiveness.

I think we probably still might lose game due to talent disparity. But lead is cut down even though we have been shooting like horse crap. So optimistic somewhat.

Gasol in makes me angry. Keep him injury free and trade him

Only good news is we are getting a lot of good looks. Just gotta hope they start dropping.

DeMar looks TERRIBLE. and that’s not Jakob Poeltl these people are brain dead

Spurs can’t handle teams that actually play defense. Raps game is gonna be a blowout as well.

Man all the Celtics talk is bad enough on NBA TV but hell they have talked more about LeBron than the Spurs. Smh

Relax guys Our Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away Popemote Will use his corporate Knowledge Halftime Talk to turn this team around. Woks 100% of the time

Really glad Gordon Haywood forgot how to play basketball right about now

Jaylen Brown game, hilarious dudes been terrible the entire season.   Btw this players only is god awful I might have to mute my TV

Pop going to shoehorn 3 centers into a modern day NBA rotation, great stuff   Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away Smilol

Swear whenever I watch we get so much worse after a typical pissed off Pop timeout. Does he just stomp his feet the whole time?

When did the Celts get an obese Dennis Rodman? (MY NOTE: Yabby)

This team HAS to be the most unatheltic team in the NBA by a wide margin

Man Celtics are a LEGIT well COACHED ELITE D With top NBA on ball defenders and not running pop's whichy zone (MY NOTE: Must not have been the 3rd quarter yet)

LA is missing shots but have to give him credit he is hustling out there and being physical. DeMar is a depressed Zombie unfortunately.

Celtics have no one to guard Aldridge. Lot of guys to throw at DeRozan. He'll adjust in the 2nd half

These "players only" announcers ... Horrible.

Hard to compete against a team like the C's when you can't do simple things like hold onto to loose balls

Spurs finally playing good ball for the last 10+ games and Pop is going to be hell bent on shoehorning Pau back into the rotation because it wouldn't be fair to him.....

Spurs are gonna get blown out in the 2nd half

It’s gonna be sucks if we lose this game

Just don't blame DeRozen on his 2-11 shooting with 2 assists. He be a team leader.

These retard players only announcers calling blatant elbows as "bully ball". (MY NOTE: No, they just were players back in the day when you could do more than just look at another player)

White -- the Kyrie stopper.

If Pop subs out DWhite for Patty in this quarter, he should be fired on the spot

WHITE POWER BABY!!!! Sub him out, I dare you old man

I know Pau and Patty are kinda overpaid but look at Gordon right now.  

Wow these refs are terrible, the Spurs are getting hacked each drive to the basket and no calls … meanwhile they are calling any contact on Kyrie, even when he is throwing elbows

We have done a great job on Kyrie in first half but hes looking dangerous now

White said: Not this time Uncle Drew 😊

Wtf happening to Celtics lol

Ah hell 16-0 run let's pull out best 2 scorers

Bos has tendency to come back from big downs...

Kyrie can be frightening tbh.

SAS just dropped 46 points in a single quarter. On the leagues 3rd ranked defense.

I think I like this Boston team. I used to like them, but the teams from the last decade or so always had players that I disliked.

Lead cut in half when Pop simultaneously pulled two hottest players. I know he has rotations but you have to adjust to flow of the game.

Celts took a big step back this season.

Agreed. I'm sure they regret not offering more for Kawhi.

Spurs going WWE!

Refs will not let us win.

NBA refs are truly a special kind of stupid

The refs really want the Celtics to win

I thought Marco took his eye out the way Irving was acting on the floor

He’s flopping He’s flopping

If Irving gonna play like Flop Wade, I'm gonna have to stop rooting for the guy.

Anyone who says this was a fairly called game is delusional. Refs are ****ing us.

Man I hate it when spurs playing Celtics and lakers, because they will get calls

I agree about the refs. Getting old watching Celtics get calls.

lowkey the celtics are dirtier than the rockets.

This would be a blowout without the refs giving Boston the preferential treatment

I thought these NBA TV announcers were Celtics announcers for this whole time.

If they hang onto win this, not sure who should get player of the game, DWhite or Gordon Hayward tbh

Irving with the Ginobili like game as far as drawing fouls. Now I know how opposing teams fans felt about Manu.

i hope we beat the **** outta the barneys White will shut down leanoard

Leastern Conference Kawhi vs Warriors will be a treat to watch.

Spurs medical staff will probably have Derrick playing with a torn Achilles next game smh

Good win. I think a lot of people picked the Celtics to go to the finals this year.

Great win . On to Thursday as the Spurs get to reunite with the autistic mute

LOL BSPN just ran a hit segment on how Beli intentionally took Kyrie out of the game after he flopped

It's incredible to see how much of a non factor Hayward is. You forget he is even on the court or that he was good at one time.

A huge part is the injury, obviously. But Stevens is running an iso-heavy offense. Hayward is a great complementary player and it's hard to complement when you're just standing there.

His shooting kept us in the game. I doubt he has much of a relationship with many on the team. They will get rid of him ASAP and I bet Irving has brought that up before.

Yes the injury was very serious. He doesn't look like he's hurting. I think it's a chemistry thing.

Paul George returned far better than Hayward. Hayward looks slow out there. Maybe his rehab didn't go as well. Even Gay looked better.

It takes a while to trust your body again and stop thinking about getting hurt again. He's probably still in that stage.

I know it’s old news and I’m actually happy we got Derozan, Jakob, and a pick but it’s crazy that a team like the Celtics wouldn’t offer some of there young players for kawhi

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down