Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article

5 posters

Go down

Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article Empty Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 am

http://nba-historical-teams.pointafter.com/stories/14911/most-dominant-best-nba-team-seasons-history-ever-bulls-warriors-lakers?utm_medium=cm&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=rt.cm.ob.dt.10909

They even rate the 95-96 Sonics team and the 96-97 Jazz team that didn't even win titles over any of the 60's Celtics teams.  In fact, none of the 60's Celtics teams rated higher than 31st best on their list.  Sam would be flipping out.  They also rated the 85-86 Celtic team as only the NINTH best team ever, behind both Golden State teams of the past two years (which came in at #5 & #7).  Cowens won't like that.  The Cavs team that BEAT last year's Warriors (which they have at #5) didn't even make top 33.  Go figure.

The best Celtic team of all time according to this article?  The 2007-08 team.  As much as I loved that team I think the '86 Celtics would beat them in a 7 game series. But it's ridiculous no Celtics teams of the Sixties made it into their Top 30.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article Empty Re: Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article

Post by Matty Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 am

Pfffft
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article Empty Re: Celtics teams get very little love in this "most dominant NBA teams ever" article

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 pm

With no offense to any of our younger members, who are far better informed...

...written by someone born in 1992 or later?

I'll even give 'em the '70 - '71 Bucks at #2, but the '85 - '86 Celtics at #9?  '07 - '08 as best Boston club ever?

I'm not even getting into some of the other teams and rankings.

Oh well.  Everybody has a right to their opinion.  My opinion of this writer isn't much.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:59 pm

This must be the same author who ranks Millard Fillmore as the best US President ever, notorious for enforcing the Fugitive Slave Act. His views are 180 degrees opposed to mine, and those of most sane people.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Those Russell years Celtics teams are best viewed when compared to their opponents of the 50's and 60's - a generation that they clearly dominated. Beyond that period, the level of talent has far outstripped the level that existed during the Russell years - and as a result lowers the rating level of those early Celtic teams when compared to to the great teams that have followed. Enjoy the fact that they dominated their generation more than any other franchise has ever done. It may never be matched again.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down