Has Jordan Mickey joined the James Young Club?

2 posters

Go down

Has Jordan Mickey joined the James Young Club? Empty Has Jordan Mickey joined the James Young Club?

Post by wideclyde Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 pm

I know that we all were impressed with Mickey in his first summer league experience and that we all hoped that his good stats last year for the Red Claws
would lead to at least a decent amount of playing time this season (his second) and some sort of varsity level contributions.

However, it does not seem that he has made much progress to date. His minutes are very, very limited and his production in those minutes has not yet
earned him any additional minutes.

I cannot say that I am terribly disappointed in him as he was a second round pick and is, at best, a tweener as far as positions he can play go, but
his roster position for next year already looks to be in jeopardy.

We hear nothing bad about him as a teammate or that he is lazy in any way or that he just does not "get it", but with this year's two forward playing rookies doing well over seas, any possible trade for a young center and some more picks in the draft next summer Mickey may not have much of a future in Boston (and, perhaps not in the NBA at all).

Right now I see him as a "salary filler" (just like Young) in any trade the Cs make this season or next summer and then a potential cut next October.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Has Jordan Mickey joined the James Young Club? Empty Re: Has Jordan Mickey joined the James Young Club?

Post by kdp59 Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:32 am

he is what he is.

an undersized high end college shot blocker.

and yes, like Young he has failed to step up and develop enough to be kept around much longer.

Zizic should take his roster spot next year.

the #1 overall draft pick will replace Young.

team improves long term big time then.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down