Pumpsie Green
sinus007
bobc33
jeb
steve3344
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2" Empty "Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2"

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvTa0FOkOtcfGvPzaTM2Y6C8vLYF?slug=mc-heatceltics041710

steve3344

Back to top Go down

"Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2" Empty Re: "Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2"

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:03 am

nba refs and sterns dream finals 1 celtics o yet again if this happens
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

"Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2" Empty Re: "Celtics could lose Garnett for Game 2"

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:11 am

I think Richardson calling the two Cs actresses just may fire this series up to a melting point.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 am

Hi,
Unfortunately it looks like they want to make sure that nothing goes beyond trash talk. Therefore solution: punish a visible figure to make a statement. Unfortunately, again, they won't punish the instigator. Refs spent quite some time watching the replays of the whole episode: they didn't pickup (or didn't want to) on PP being shoved, KG being provoked, Heat bench players pushing and shoving. Somehow, I doubt that Stern will put clamps on both sides.
I wonder what he'd do if Kobe and LJ shoved each other...
I hope the absence of KG will crank Celtics RPMs into the red.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm

pierce was fouled twice on the play. pushed into the heat bench. Richardson come into the area talking shit. KG was trying to protect his teammate.

Richardson is now a marked man and better watch his actress ass
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:47 pm

jeb65 wrote:pierce was fouled twice on the play. pushed into the heat bench. Richardson come into the area talking shit. KG was trying to protect his teammate.

Richardson is now a marked man and better watch his actress ass

Richardson is a foolish punk. He should concentrate more on basketball and less on name calling
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Pumpsie

I may be looking at this through green glasses but it really seemed to me even with the elbow that kg was just trying to maintain space for his teammate whom was UNDER the enemy bench. He knows PP and Rich's history and he was afraid Rich might do something more than talk.

Bird would have choked the punk.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:08 pm

jeb65 wrote:Pumpsie

I may be looking at this through green glasses but it really seemed to me even with the elbow that kg was just trying to maintain space for his teammate whom was UNDER the enemy bench. He knows PP and Rich's history and he was afraid Rich might do something more than talk.

Apparently Richardson was over there calling KG and PP pansies of some sort, "actresses" I think was the word he used. Too bad KG didn't get him in the teeth. I would have enjoyed seeing Richardson's teeth bouncing on the parquet like chicklets.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:

Apparently Richardson was over there calling KG and PP pansies of some sort, "actresses" I think was the word he used. Too bad KG didn't get him in the teeth. I would have enjoyed seeing Richardson's teeth bouncing on the parquet like chicklets.

Then I hope you would have enjoyed seeing KG suspended for two games and Miami knocking the Celtics out in the first round.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm

steve 33

If that's pointed at me go fly a kite. If the nba suspends KG for two games it will enforce its own idiocy and the Celts will be fine. If not...the better team wins a seven game series every time and I wil be ready to support the team I love next year.

Kg messed up but he was trying to protect a falen teammate. Ask yourself what Bird would have done.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 pm

steve3344 wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:

Then I hope you would have enjoyed seeing KG suspended for two games and Miami knocking the Celtics out in the first round.

Team mates stick together; they protect each other. I support what KG did. And I don't think the NBA is going to suspend him based on what I was seeing out there
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:58 pm

No punches
No suspension

IMHO

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:43 pm

jeb65 wrote:steve 33

If that's pointed at me go fly a kite. If the nba suspends KG for two games it will enforce its own idiocy and the Celts will be fine. If not...the better team wins a seven game series every time and I wil be ready to support the team I love next year.

Kg messed up but he was trying to protect a falen teammate. Ask yourself what Bird would have done.

It was a direct response to pumpsie's post, which as you see, my post follows his.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:Team mates stick together; they protect each other. I support what KG did. And I don't think the NBA is going to suspend him based on what I was seeing out there

For the first time in a while I am glad to see some pro Celtics fire in you Pumpsie. Really happy to read this and I agree 100%.

When a player is on the ground, especially in front of another teams bench - it is the refs job to PROTECT that player. If they dont do it (which those three blind mice last night were not) then it is up to your teammates to have your back.

Yeah, KG. Yeah, Pumpsie. Go Celtics. Boo NBA for the pathetic ruling here. Either you suspend Richardson AND KG or you suspend no one. This is total BS.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:Team mates stick together; they protect each other. I support what KG did. And I don't think the NBA is going to suspend him based on what I was seeing out there

For the first time in a while I am glad to see some pro Celtics fire in you Pumpsie. Really happy to read this and I agree 100%.

When a player is on the ground, especially in front of another teams bench - it is the refs job to PROTECT that player. If they dont do it (which those three blind mice last night were not) then it is up to your teammates to have your back.

Yeah, KG. Yeah, Pumpsie. Go Celtics. Boo NBA for the pathetic ruling here. Either you suspend Richardson AND KG or you suspend no one. This is total BS.

Mrkleen, I have ALWAYS been a Celtics fan. I am disappointed in them when the effort is not there, but I never wavered in wanting the best for them. Yeah, KG got suspended. I am still proud of what he did to that punk Richardson who stood over PP like an A-Hole spouting trash. When a player is down, you move away if he is not on your team. You don't come up and bad mouth a guy when he is down. KG is out for game 2; I hope the Celtics kick some butt.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:58 pm

beat wrote:No punches
No suspension

IMHO

beat

beat,

If Garnett's elbowing was either intentional or reckless it is a Flagrant 2 which means he has to be suspended for the following game.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Richardson was fined $25,000.

I thought KG was going to be suspended as soon as I saw the elbows fly, and expressed that concern in the Game On thread.

No doubt the two flying elbows needs to be addressed and a one game suspension is normally the penalty for a double technical like that one. The suspension is correct in this case. The fine on Richardson at least acknowledges his role.

During the post game press conference KG did own up to the fact that he should have kept his cool and has to know better.

To me it looks like one of those times doing the wrong thing is actually the right action. As others here have said, you don't just stand by when a teammate is down like that. You could make the argument KG should have covered Pierce and shoved others away instead of letting the elbows fly, but he had to react fast and in the heat of the moment he protected his player. I've got no problem with the fact that he acted quickly despite his unfortunate choice of method.

I expect this will serve to fuel the Celtics fire. The rest of this series is not going to be pleasant for Mr. Richardson.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Ainge needs to get involved in this. If he does not stand up to Stern and all his garbage I lose some respect for him. Have fun Richardson you woke up the dragon..he was sleeping. He's awake...sleep tight you instigating punk.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Why are so many blaming Richardson?
Yes, he acted like a punk but if Garnett didn't lose his cool, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
The Celtics had a great comeback and an impressive win.
Garnett needs to be blamed for his actions, not Richardson.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 pm

TJ it is the refs job to protect an injured player. They did not do that. We are circling the damn wagons which is exactly what you would do if it was Kobe down with some shitheads boot next to his head underneath a very hostile bench. Believe what you wish. But this is about the refs to me.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm

tjmakz wrote:Why are so many blaming Richardson?
Yes, he acted like a punk but if Garnett didn't lose his cool, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
The Celtics had a great comeback and an impressive win.
Garnett needs to be blamed for his actions, not Richardson.

Because Richardson came and stood over an injured player spouting smack. You just don't do that. You want to talk smack you do it on the floor during the game to healthy guys. It was bush league. I saw KG saying something to him before the elbows flew, probably telling him to shut the hell up. If I am Rivers, I bring in someone like Sheldon or Scal to lay out Richardson when he drives to the hoop-just once-to send the message that he is a punk and his actions won't be tolerated.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 pm

jeb,

The refs we're trying to break it up. How was this about the refs?
If KG didn't throw an elbow this is a non-issue. If there was some pushing and shoving, it's no big deal and KG could be commended for what he did.
Richardson wasn't trying to hurt 'injured' Pierce.
You can't give garnett a pass by blaming the refs.
I guess you need to believe what you do, but I doubt most open-minded Celtics fans would agree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 pm

tjmakz wrote:jeb,

The refs we're trying to break it up. How was this about the refs?
If KG didn't throw an elbow this is a non-issue. If there was some pushing and shoving, it's no big deal and KG could be commended for what he did.
Richardson wasn't trying to hurt 'injured' Pierce.
You can't give garnett a pass by blaming the refs.
I guess you need to believe what you do, but I doubt most open-minded Celtics fans would agree with you.

First of all, your Lakers glasses are so colored with yellow and purple, you cant even see out of them TJ.

Pierce was fouled TWICE before he fell into the front row and banged his shoulder into a metal chair. If the refs had made one of those two calls...NONE of this would have happened.

Second, once Pierce was down - Richardson has no business going to try and yell at him (or KG) - he should immediately move towards his own bench - and any actions that put him in a position where he is staring down on an injured player - yelling no less, should automatically brand him the instigator and anything that happens after that, he is to blame for.

How about Magloire coming off the bench to grab Garnett? Isnt that an AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION?

No one is giving Garnett a pass....but it is either an suspension for KG AND Richardson - or it is neither. Even a Laker fan cant possibly defend the instigator getting off with a fine, while the guy defending his teammate gets suspended. That is BUSH LEAGUE even by your standards.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 pm

mrkleen,

Garnett's elbowing of Richardson can't be excused by a missed foul call or Richardson acting like a punk. Why can't you just admit that Garnett lost his temper and now his team will pay for it?
I don't know about Magliore but the play was on the Heat's side of the court. Magliore should not have been suspended if he was in the bench 'area'. There is not a pre-determined distance from the bench that determines a suspension.
Richardson did nothing to deserve a suspension. KG has been in the league a long time. He should know that if you throw a punch or a flagrant elbow you will sit out the next game. This was a pretty easy call for the NBA...sorry....

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:39 pm

tjmakz wrote:mrkleen,

Garnett's elbowing of Richardson can't be excused by a missed foul call or Richardson acting like a punk. Why can't you just admit that Garnett lost his temper and now his team will pay for it?
I don't know about Magliore but the play was on the Heat's side of the court. Magliore should not have been suspended if he was in the bench 'area'. There is not a pre-determined distance from the bench that determines a suspension.
Richardson did nothing to deserve a suspension. KG has been in the league a long time. He should know that if you throw a punch or a flagrant elbow you will sit out the next game. This was a pretty easy call for the NBA...sorry....

Did you miss the part where I said that KG should have been suspended?

Richardson did more than 'act like a punk' - he instigated what turned into a multiple player fight. If you cant see that, you must have not watched the game.

I dont have a problem with the NBA sticking to their rules - but if you suspend KG - you have to also suspend Richardson. The fact that they fined him $25,000 says they ACKNOWLEDGE that he was wrong...but somehow, dont think that starting the fight is as bad as finishing it. That I dont get...and clearly that is an uneven way to administer the rules.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next