Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein

+2
willjr
wideclyde
6 posters

Go down

Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein Empty Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am

If Ainge is looking at Tatum figuring that he was going to be available at three as he was going to be available at #1, I have a plan
to get Cauley-Stein on Thursday night.

Trade the #3 pick to the Suns for the #4 pick so that the Suns can take the guy they want (Jackson or Ball) and then trade the
newly acquired #4 pick to the Kings so that they can take the guy they want (Fox) for the 5th pick and Cauley-Stein.

Not sure what the Suns have to toss into the deal for the opportunity to move up (players or picks), but Ainge will extract
something for giving the Suns a chance to get who they want. Perhaps the Kings like something that the Suns could put into the
deal with the Cs and we could add that commodity to the Kings trade to entice them to give up Cauley-Stein. Maybe the Suns
give the Cs something we like and we trade some more draft picks and lesser players to the Kings for Cauley-Stein.

After these two quick trades the Cs take Tatum with the 5th pick. And, when the dust clears we have Tatum and
Cauley-Stein which gives us a dynamic rookie prospect and a starting center just for making two quick trades

Cauley-Stein is a lot of things that the Cs need to include: having two seasons of NBA experience, played to 12 PPG and
9 RPG after the Kings traded Cousins last winter, has at least three years left on his rookie contract, is very mobile, will
only get better (and faster) playing for Stevens and his staff, and certainly would look great in a Cs uniform starting next
to Horford.

No one believes that we do not need plenty of help on the front line and this guy could be a giant step forward in helping
our center/power forward rebounding situation.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein Empty Re: Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein

Post by willjr Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 am

I can see a 3/4 swap with PHX if they're afraid we may take Jackson, but Sac has no reason to deal because if Fox is their target he'd be there anyway. Both Bos. and Phx. are guard heavy and don't/won't need another. The top 5 projects to go like this: PHL-Fultz, LAL-Ball, BOS-Jackson-Tatum, PHX- Tatum-Jackson, SAC-Fox. You are dead on with picking up an asset from PHX to swap spots and then in turn use that asset to add to a package in pursuit of Cauley-Stein. All in all I like the thought of adding him, but Sac shouldn't have to move at all to get Fox, if he is their preference.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein Empty Re: Two quick trades on Thursday to get Cauley-Stein

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 am

Even if we could do it i have never been impressed with WCS.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 am

Cauley-Stein is what he is and would fit nicely here. Long, athletic, good rebounder and shot blocker, and cheap. He would be an upgrade over Amir, Zeller, Mickey, and KO (defensively). We're not looking for huge offensive numbers from him, but if he did the 12/9 pts/reb he did post Cousins added with his rim protection and PnR defensive skills, as well as allowing Horford to play the 4 more, I see no downside to him coming here. His presence will also allow Zizic to come along slowly and allow us, and the Celtics, to see how he adapts to playing with the big boys with less pressure/expectations on him as our main big off the bench.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am

what I've read is that Phoenix would like Ball. in that case they would likely be trading with the Lakers, IMO.

but why involve Phoenix at all?

just trade #3 and maybe Zellers non-guaranteed deal for #5 and WCS.

If we assume the draft goes as most expect today...it would be

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Fox- would be the guy I'd expect the Kings to want here
4. Jackson- could flip flop at #3.
5. Tatum- IF he is Danny's guy.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 am

I would think that IF something like this happens, we will see Danny hold his assets and future picks this off-season.

I could see Kelly and Jerebko re-signed to market deals. if WCS and Tatum come out of this draft.

basically replacing
Amir with WCS
Young with Tatum
Zeller with Zizic
Mickey with Yabusele
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:18 am

I like WCS a lot. Wanted us to move up to take him. I think he's an intelligent kid, who could turn into a smarter version of McGee. We wouldn't need him to score, just do the dirty work for 3 1/2 quarters. Then, let the scorers win us the game!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:21 am

Why would Sacto trade their starting center again! They traded Cousins and now they trade WCS? By the way he is not much of a rim protector so he does not check that box.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:22 am

dboss wrote:Why would Sacto trade their starting center again! They traded Cousins and now they trade WCS? By the way he is not much of a rim protector so he does not check that box.

dboss

Because they are Sacto? LOL

And, I thought Koufas started?

WCS could get better under Brad.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:26 am

dboss wrote:Why would Sacto trade their starting center again!  They traded Cousins and now they trade WCS?  By the way he is not much of a rim protector so he does not check that box.

dboss

dboss and Red,

Starting center or not, now that Boogie has boogied I can't see them trading one of their two remaining centers without getting a big back.

Nevertheless, hope springs eternal because Red is right, they are Sacto.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

red16russ11 wrote:
dboss wrote:Why would Sacto trade their starting center again!  They traded Cousins and now they trade WCS?  By the way he is not much of a rim protector so he does not check that box.

dboss

Because they are Sacto?  LOL

And, I thought Koufas started?

WCS could get better under Brad.

Koufas stinks. It is not always about what we want. The other team has to agree.

WCS has zero game from outside so he would be clogging up the middle. His shot blocking numbers are POOR. Basically he would be a fit on a half court team that is looking for points in the paint.

The Celtics on the other hand hate post offense. Everybody has to shoot the 3 ball regardless of position. Can WCS at least be a good elbow scorer?

probably not.

he actually had a very good april with a double double in points and rebounding.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:45 am

I just think WCS is better than who we have, unless we plan on starting Zizic, and play Al at the 4.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

red/russ,

Not sure that Zizic is going to be ready to be a starting center on one of the best teams in the league in only his first year in the NBA. I hope that he is, but would not think that he is that ready.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

wideclyde wrote:red/russ,

Not sure that Zizic is going to be ready to be a starting center on one of the best teams in the league in only his first year in the NBA. I hope that he is, but would not think that he is that ready.

I'd have to agree, which is why I said WCS is better than anyone currently on our roster
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down