Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein

+2
tjmakz
Sam
6 posters

Go down

Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein Empty Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein

Post by Sam Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 pm

So, if the Celtics were to move up to draft WCS, would that make them a more attractive landing spot for Cousins in trade?  They'd complement one another very well, with WCS operating down low and Cousins high on both ends of the floor.

Sam

RUMOR: DeMarcus Cousins wants the Kings to draft Willie Cauley-Stein

By James Herbert | NBA writer

June 11, 2015 3:16 pm ET

Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein 061115_willieWillie Cauley-Stein would fit in nicely in Sacramento. (USATSI)

Sacramento Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins might have identified the frontcourt partner of his dreams. The Kings have the sixth pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, and Kentucky center Willie Cauley-Stein might be available there. According to ESPN's Ryen Russilo, Cousins would like to play with him:

Sacramento fans must love this idea. Cousins has improved immensely on the defensive end, but having a true rim protector would be a game-changer for the Kings. Cauley-Stein would seem to fit extremely well in George Karl's run-and-gun system, as he is athletic and capable of starting fast breaks. This isn't just a case of one Kentucky guy hyping up another -- the two of them would actually make a scary, potentially great tandem.

There's no guarantee, however, that Willie Trill Cauley-Stein -- yep, that's his full name -- will be an option for Sacramento. The New York Knicks, who pick fourth overall, are reportedly also interested, and the Orlando Magic, who pick fifth, are in desperate need of rim protection.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein Empty Re: Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Sam,

I think Sacramento would want both of them on their team. 
I have a feeling Orlando might want WCS with the 5th pick. 
He would be a great fit with their current roster. 
It might be hard for Sacramento to get WCS.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein Empty Re: Rumor from CBS Sports: Cousins Would Like to Play with Willie Cauley Stein

Post by Sam Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:29 am

TJ,

I don't know why; and, for once, I don't have a reason in the world.  But I have this feeling that the Celtics will trade with the Knicks for the #4 pick and WCS.  Not enough of a feeling to make me break my "no predictions" rule; but more of a hunch.  And, extending the hunch into a full-blown dream would be a trade of at least one of the Nets' picks plus another future picks plus Wallace's contract plus Sully and Zeller for Cousins.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 am

sam wrote:TJ,

I don't know why; and, for once, I don't have a reason in the world.  But I have this feeling that the Celtics will trade with the Knicks for the #4 pick and WCS.  Not enough of a feeling to make me break my "no predictions" rule; but more of a hunch.  And, extending the hunch into a full-blown dream would be a trade of at least one of the Nets' picks plus another future picks plus Wallace's contract plus Sully and Zeller for Cousins.

Sam

if Ainge can pull that off, he'd be the greatest GM in history, if you gave up all that for Cousins, what could we/you give Knicks for 4th pick Sam?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:07 am

Cow,

I'd give the Knicks our two first round picks plus the other Nets pick.

Bottom line (if I can recall everything I'd be spending), I'd be giving up the two Nets' picks plus our two 2015 first round picks plus Sully plus Zeller plus Wallace in return for Cousins and Willie Cauley-Stein.  My wife would approve.  She's a born spender, but only for value.  Moreover, I am not among those who believe that trading must involve trying to squeeze as much out of every nickel as possible.  I wouldn't mind over-spending (especially since it wouldn't cost me anything personally) to establish (1) what could potentially be front court dominance for years and (2) the kind of addition that would piggy back with last year's momentum to attract the attention of potential free agents.  Please note that my plans don't involve decreasing the Celtics' cap space because Sully + Zeller + Wallace = Cousins' salary (roughly). That trade works with Trade Machine.

Hell, it would be worth the expenditure of all those draft picks to get you off Danny's back.  Maybe we could arrange to have Cousins show up in a Perk mask.  If the trade came off, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I "sticky-fied" your post about Danny's becoming the greatest GM in history.  Bob Heckler's already planning a round-the-world trip in celebration.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:15 am

This will be 9 straight years that Sacramento is in the lottery and they are not even close to being a playoff team. They have said that they want to win now and have no plans of trading Cousins. They seem to be tired of rebuilding and don't want to trade players for future draft picks. This is just my opinion, but I think they will keep Cousins and the #6 pick.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:18 am

Sam,

If you were a Sacramento fan, would you want them to make those two trades?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:28 am

I agree with TJ on that point.

but I still think it likely that Karl/Divac get Lawson from Denver in draft day trade, probably involving that #6 pick and D. Collison.

I have to say, I am somewhat shocked by your thoughts on a move up to the #4 spot with the Knicks, Sam.

It certainly would take a lot to get up that high, IMO.

#16 & 28 packaged alone MIGHT move us up to the 12-13 range.

a first next year?....maybe up to the 8-10 range at best?

Honestly I think getting up to #4 would cost us those picks, Smart and or Bradley myself.

not to mention some feel that Cauley-Stein is NOT worth that much cost or the #4 pick either. (some mocks recently have him as low as #12).

which brings me back to that 8-12 range in the draft.

My gut feeling right now is that Ainge may move up to that spot, but for M. Turner.

or maybe its the coffee this morning.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:15 am

sam wrote:Cow,

I'd give the Knicks our two first round picks plus the other Nets pick.

Bottom line (if I can recall everything I'd be spending), I'd be giving up the two Nets' picks plus our two 2015 first round picks plus Sully plus Zeller plus Wallace in return for Cousins and Willie Cauley-Stein.  My wife would approve.  She's a born spender, but only for value.  Moreover, I am not among those who believe that trading must involve trying to squeeze as much out of every nickel as possible.  I wouldn't mind over-spending (especially since it wouldn't cost me anything personally) to establish (1) what could potentially be front court dominance for years and (2) the kind of addition that would piggy back with last year's momentum to attract the attention of potential free agents.  Please note that my plans don't involve decreasing the Celtics' cap space because Sully + Zeller + Wallace = Cousins' salary (roughly). That trade works with Trade Machine.

Hell, it would be worth the expenditure of all those draft picks to get you off Danny's back.  Maybe we could arrange to have Cousins show up in a Perk mask.  If the trade came off, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I "sticky-fied" your post about Danny's becoming the greatest GM in history.  Bob Heckler's already planning a round-the-world trip in celebration.

Sam

interesting Sam, wish it all could come to fruition, but I don't see it happening, if I'm Divac and Karl, I'd want to keep Cousins and acquire Cauley-Stein. But I would accept Sully for Cauley-Stein as I would rather have Cousins and Sully and I would own the boards. I don't know if Cauley-Stein can rebound or score at the next level, I know Sully can and will only be even better next to a wide body/imtimadator like Cousins.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am

TJ,

If I were a King's fan, I'd shoot myself or at least relocate 87 miles to the south.  It wouldn't matter what I thought.

What matters is that the Kings' alleged braintrust thinks.  And my general impression is that there's at least a possibility that (1) not having accomplished anything with Cousins aboard and (2) the constant theme of Cousins' behavior might possibly make them think about getting a high pick plus three players in a re-stocking effort.  I do have to admit I'm also influenced by the recurring media reports that he's available; and, yes, I'm extremely aware of the risks in trusting media reports, which is why I didn't use the word "trust."  If it would help (and the finances would have to be reworked), I'd be happy to include Bradley (but not Smart) in the deal.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:58 am

kdp,

Well, I've read a lot of reports about my best buddy Phil Jackson considering trading #4.  That potential willingness would be step 1.  I've also read speculation (and it's nothing more) that the Celts' two first round picks might be enough to get Phil to make the trade.  I don't believe that for a second, which is why I tried to sweeten the deal with a reasonably likely draft pick for next year.  If Phil would prefer more current asset acquisition, he could use that pick as a pretty attractive trading chip.

Any of my posts about possible trades include having checked Trade Machine and paying attention to what I consider to be the quality and less tangible aspects of involved players.  Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'm largely disinterested in handicapping the assets to be swapped or the long-term financial ramifications.  I figure those matters are Danny's problem.  It's just a personal preference (or lack of it) on my part, although I'm always interested in reading others' opinions—especially yours.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:17 am

How do the NBA GM's value these assets with no value? It's all perceived value on trading draft picks and who is potentially behind the pick. The regular league trades that go down between existing players is a little more cut and dry and less imaginative.

That's why Sam your logic sounds great since we know Danny has a lot to offer another GM. We know Danny is going to be like an anvil falling from 100ft into a swimming pool this summer and/or next summer. This sounds plausible to me. Is there a chart out there for us trade novices that shows perceived values of picks from 1-30?

I know it depends heavily on the incoming draft class, the mix in a trade (real assets, etc.) and how crowded the new talent pool is. But I'm just looking for general stuff here. Thanks guys and gals!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:42 am

well Sam, IF Danny can fleece Jackson out of the #4 pick in this years draft for our $16 & 28 picks....I'm all for it.

I doubt that Jackson would be long in NY after wind of that trade got out to the media, but who knows.

I just finished a new update of the combined MOCK drafts and will put on the sticky. Some interesting moves up and down including Bob's guy Porzingis climbing up.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:38 pm

kdp59 wrote:well Sam, IF Danny can fleece Jackson out of the #4 pick in this years draft for our $16 & 28 picks....I'm all for it.

I doubt that Jackson would be long in NY after wind of that trade got out to the media,  but who knows.

I just finished a new update of the combined MOCK drafts and will put on the sticky. Some interesting moves up and down including Bob's guy Porzingis climbing up.

kdp,

Keith Pompey retweeted
Philly.com Sports ‏@phillysport  2h2 hours ago
The Sixers are taking a closer look at European star Kristaps Porzingis. @PompeyOnSixers has the latest: http://bit.ly/1JPCzAH

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:26 pm

If anyone saw Porzingis working out yesterday, they would probably agree with Marc Stein, as I do, that the Lakers have a very hard decision to make between Okafor and Porzingis. 
People that watched him said he drains 3's like lay ups and he has added more muscle onto his frame. He has tons of talent.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down