Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape

+2
Matty
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape Empty Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:31 pm

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/10/05/report-willie-cauley-stein-out-of-shape/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape

By Dan Feldman

Oct 5, 2015, 10:14 AM EDT

Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti4nzniodm3zti0ztgymdjjzdbjnwq3zdhhyjdkmzi3-e1444054561683

How will the Kings fit DeMarcus Cousins, Kosta Koufos and Willie Cauley-Stein into their rotation – especially when Rudy Gay should get minutes at power forward?

The problem might take care of itself.

James Ham of CSN on the Coz and Bru Show:

When you show up to camp and you can’t run up and down the court twice without being so winded you have to pull yourself off the court, then something’s wrong.

This will reopen pre-draft questions about Cauley-Stein’s focus on basketball. But it’s not fair to say a player shouldn’t hold interests outside the sport. Plenty of single-minded players have gotten out of shape, too.

The big worry is that so much of Cauley-Stein’s value comes from his mobility for his size. If he can’t move well, he can’t play.

Cauley-Stein will probably get past this. He’s only a rookie, and there will be many lessons ahead. But for now, it’s a pretty big setback.

bob
MY NOTE:  Unfortunately, if there was a chance that Vlade Divac would trade DeMarcus Cousins to Boston because WCS and Koufos could get the job done well enough so that he could drain Danny out of many of his draft picks, this puts that on hold.  They need Cousins now. I'm afraid the only way to get Cousins now would be by prying him out of Vlade's cold dead fingers and that's not happening even if George Karl is helping.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape Empty Re: Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape

Post by Matty Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:38 pm

"I'm afraid the only way to get Cousins now would be by prying him out of Vlade's cold dead fingers" - bob

I know people...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape Empty Re: Report: Willie Cauley-Stein out of shape

Post by Outside Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Willie Cauley-Stein has sickle-cell trait, which can make him severely winded at times, and he's also used an asthma-type inhaler.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ukbeat/2013/12/11/cauley-steins-sickle-cell-problem/

So it may be something a little different than being out of shape.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:51 am

P. Jones & J. Sullinger

for

WCS and E. Moreland

but LOW Danny!!

balances both teams better and the Celts get down to 15 players guaranteed.

always ready to pounce here...LOL
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

I never liked WCS.

But I hope he is able to play despite his affliction

Cousins still has 3 years left on his contract. He is not going anywhere. As a matter of fact I will predict that he will have a very productive year with Rajon Rondo feeding him the rock in the post.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:50 am

kdp59 wrote:P. Jones & J. Sullinger

for

WCS and E. Moreland

but LOW Danny!!

balances both teams better and the Celts get down to 15 players guaranteed.

always ready  to pounce here...LOL

kdp,

16-2+2=16 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down