Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics.

5 posters

Go down

Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics. Empty Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics.

Post by international Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Natural rebounder and still young .

international

Back to top Go down

Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics. Empty Re: Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics.

Post by international Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 pm

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/8/28/16215930/boston-celtics-working-out-thomas-robinson-for-final-roster-spot

international

Back to top Go down

Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics. Empty Re: Thomas Robinson is working out with Celtics.

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:09 pm

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2017/08/28/celtics-reportedly-working-thomas-robinson-final-roster-spot/

CELTICS Celtics reportedly working out Thomas Robinson for final roster spot

ByBrian Robb

Posted on August 28, 2017 JAYNE KAMIN-ONCEA/USA TODAY SPORTS

The Celtics may be in a bit of a stalemate with the Cleveland Cavaliers over the Kyrie Irving trade, but that isn't stopping them from completing other roster business as usual in the wake of the trade.

If and when the blockbuster deal with Cleveland is official, the Celtics will have an open spot on the guaranteed 15-man roster. They will also be very thin in the frontcourt when it comes to true bigs behind Al Horford and Aron Baynes. Boston's front office started looking at some solutions on that front on Monday, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com, who reports that former Lakers big man Thomas Robinson was working out at the team's practice facility this morning in Waltham. He averaged 5.0 ppg and 4.6 rpg for the Lakers last season over 48 games

bob
MY NOTE:  I'm beginning to think Danny really doesn't like centers. And of all the players to work out too. El Busto. Can't even stick with the 2nd worst team in the league last year.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
about 2 hours ago
Thomas Robinson’s total rebound rate last season: 22.5%. Boston’s team leader last year: Kelly Olynyk, 13.1%.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:24 pm

I like Robinson. He was my second choice to fill the last roster spot after Bogut.

He can rebound. Perhaps if he comes in with no expectations at all he'll be fine...
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:07 pm

yeah...how many years and teams has he tried to show he could be a real NBA player.

answer:
5 years since he was the 5th pick in the draft
6 teams in that time.

last 3 teams: Phil, Bkn and Lakers.

if you can't get off the bench for those teams, not sure how you are going to play for a good team?

slim pickings I get, but Danny REALLY must hate all the players from last year, if he will sign Robinson over Green or Zeller.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:52 am

I am not sure that this guy, Robinson, is the answer for the 15th roster spot, but at least he is not a guard or a wing forward being brought in for consideration.

This may show that Ainge might truly be looking for someone who can cover centers and rebound to help us beef up our glaring big man depth weaknesses.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am

Robinson is the same height as Horford, 6-10 in NBA land , 6-9 in real life.

expecting Robinson to cover any NBA center is a mistake.

he can rebound though, however it's hard to do from the end of the bench.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Another rebounder off the market...and out of the league. The #5 pick in the 2012 NBA Crap Shoot.

David Pick‏
@IAmDPick
Follow
More
Former No. 5 overall pick Thomas Robinson agreed on deal to sign in the Euroleague with Khimki Moscow, source tells me.
8:09 AM - 23 Sep 2017

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down