Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:33 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/11/comments-from-other-side-thunder-11317.html

Should be a good game. If both teams show up, it could go either way. 

Curious to see if our second unit will still be effective. Probably the first good bench we will play against this season.

That Barnes pick up for the Cs was a good move. Horford really is a 4. I see the Cs have the best defensive rating in the whole NBA. Who woulda thought

Really feel bad for Gordon Hayward and that might be the worst sports injury I've ever seen (although the Kevin Ware/Louisville injury was definitely worse because his bone was protruding through his leg). I was hoping to see the Celtics give Cleveland a good run this year and they're just not going to be able to do it without him. That being said they're playing pretty good and it will be fun to watch Russ duel with Kyrie "the earth is flat" Irving.  (MY NOTE:  He must be too young to remember Joe Theisman's injury)

On paper we should win this easily, but Boston is so well coached and the new guys are already adapted in their system so...won't be easy. Still, if we guard Kyrie well enough, I don't believe they have enough scoring to beat us (that means playing good D like we did last games)

Gonna be an interesting game. The Celtics have the 3rd best Adjusted DRtG so far and are rebounding way over their heads so far going from 27th to 4th in DRB% just like that. 31 year old Al 'I don't rebound, man' Horford is suddenly suddenly having the best DRB% of his career. We'll see how that keeps up with them.

OKC Thunder need to continue their decimation of East teams. Picking Thunder tonight 110-80.

Think we will win a tight one. 107-104 

Exactly what I think. Close game, but a W Smile Still worried about clutch Kyrie though

Boston is only good because they play in the east.  We should have no problem beating them.  

I admit it, I think we're going to mess them up pretty bad tonight. Thunder by 15.

If he plays like last 7 games, I don't know how they will guard Adams.

Their bench (and the chemistry between their bench players) is still better than our bench. It's probably the first game our bench is really going to be challenged. We played only against garbage second units before this game.

it's fine, they can see our new bench when we are up big on them in the 4th Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Icon_wink.gif.pagespeed.ce.8Fgga7j_cy

Reporter: (wanting to ask Russ if Kyrie is in the great group of PGs) ...The pantheon of point guards...[reporter interrupted by Russ]
Russ: the what? 
Reporter: Pantheon
Russ: Stop trying to get cute man
Reporter: am not cute
Russ: you’re right about that
He better have his panthe on

The way Kyrie speaks especially his views, fits perfectly when you picture him in his clear glasses looking sophisticated

Except that he's dumb af 

Boston has started fast but is so full of young guys they are going to become inconsistent sooner or later. Key will be to hit them hard early, especially on the defensive end, get them out of any rhythm and hopefully the young guys fold away from home.

Looking forward to this one. Not confident though. 

Why no confidence. It starts with Defense

I know the cs are no pushovers but thunder get this win over the Celtics and shut them down defensively 

I know Kyrie will probably get his points but let’s make everybody else a nonfactor including horford!

Tatum playing like robes is a good offensive player

Wizards really looking like the new Clippers of the NBA Lmfao talking so much trash and they get 50 dropped on they head by Bron.

Adams always has problems with Baynes because he's a Kiwi born (traitor) I suppose 

Agreed also looks like Tatum is finally getting rookie nba schooled 101! 

I love how Hubie, without fail, always adds an inch to every player's height which is already probably slightly exaggerated to begin with. So far he's already made Jayson Tatum 6'9" and Paul George 6'10".

We play perfect defense for 22 seconds, knock the ball loose to almost halfcourt, and Tatum still hits a heavily contested pull-up three.

Tatum is literally like having Melo play against himself on defense.  (MY NOTE:  Melo ended up 3-17)

That Adams putback dunk was sick That was Kiwi on Aussie crime.

Greatness bro he just dunked on a goonish tough guy lol! 

Baynes was a steal

Robes is smothering Tatum, the only time Tatum does anything is when we switch and he's matched up against Melo.

Russ slaps Brown with his forearm. 

Russ just whacked Jaylen in the face Definitely unintentional.

Agreed Celtics fans going hysterical! 

Garbage call Ball don't lie.

Westbrook mad that Marcus Smart shut him down and made him travel. Then he gets mad at Jaylen for ripping the loose ball from him. So what does he do? Punches Jaylen after losing a jump ball to the bigger, stronger, player. Sad.

maybe you heard what Hubie Brown said...

I'm watching the Boston feed, what did he say? Was he talking about the rampant HGH use by certain stars? (Westbrook, LeBron, Wade, etc.)? Ohhh of course not, that would be bad for ratings.

What about the shape of the earth?

When is Russ going to get it together this year?

Russ has been poor on offense but I'll say it, I'm watching him specifically and he's really putting in effort on defense.

Boston discovering what the Western conference is about. 

That was a good quarter against a really good defensive team I thought we played solid defense forcing them to take tough shots in the quarter.

We'd have 3 Australians if we traded for Baynes (MY NOTE:  Moron doesn't even know Steven Adams is a Kiwi, New Zealander, and who is the other Aussie he's talking about?)

Smart is a flopper

Hamilton just stood there over Smart lol

when I saw that OKC -6.5 I knew this was the most obvious trap game in history, as Boston would be favored by at least 3 on a neutral court. More overall talent, a way deeper bench, and a better coach. OKC is very top-heavy with talent. 

OKC is outplaying Boston right now, and it's being compounded by the refs favoring OKC and the Celtics missing free throws, hence the score. OKC's defense looks good.

How was that not an and-one? How can the reigning MVP not buy a foul call from the refs?

Donovan needs to get T'd up if Russ wants to get calls.

Did Russ just commit to Kyrie defensively? I haven’t seen Russ put in effort like that in YEARS

These refs smh.

Haha.. Steven just flopped on smart.. Returning the favor

For all C’s talk of defense, they are getting the heaviest beating so far this season?

Toto.. We aren't in the East anymore

That Tatum kid, gonna be good btw

Adam's great as always and playing and flat out owning Barnes out rebounding him, Block shots including one of Barnes defensively great as ever manning the paint and flat out poste4ized embarrassed Barnes, like Reggie miller would day click click camera sounds welcome to your Kodak moment Aron Barnes, Adam’s winning the rivalry!

Kyrie on mental health watch after all this rejection.

-BOS playing ISO-Ball, which is the opposite of what they have done all year 

Why does Carmelo get tourette syndrome every time he grabs a rebound?

He was dropped as child? 

Come on PG TO’s from his handles kill us.

We are trash right now

PG is not as good at ISO plays as he thinks he is.

Refs trying to make the game close

We suck this quarter.

Who took PG's talents

Thunderstruck. Find the middle school kid that's ballin'. 

Melo and PG13 having one of their long2-a-thons cost us 12pts of the lead now only 6. 

They didn't even need most of the half to turn erase the 18 point deficit. They only needed the third quarter

Our ''big 3'' is garbage this half.

Refs always one sided  (MY NOTE:  that's not what they were saying in the 1st half...)

PG13 only played well against garbage teams 

Melo has to stop walking up court when he doesn't get the foul call.

Is anyone watching ESPN the two commentators are Boston cheerleaders and it is ****ing me off

They just trying to explain how Boston is on the verge of greatness and OKC is unsustainable it's ridiculous but I guess there's 2miliion people watching in Boston and 200g in OKC

That one bowl cut dude has been in hiding since brown became a future superstar

Welcome to playoff-level basketball 

Yeah But not together. We played playoff level in the first half and they playing it now

Melo taking these dumb transition shots is killing our offense 

Russ has been straight up garbage this second half 

Oh look We give another Oboard off a FT and Kyrie scores.

At least we can see the difference between having a great coach versus a bad coach. Brad Stevens adjusted pretty well and Donovan didn't do anything. GG

This team isn't very good. Our four wins have came against three awful teams and an average Bucks team who has one superstar and a bunch of "meh" players 

Sure helps when Boston just can’t miss 

This game has shown that Stevens is leagues ahead of Donovan. Stevens just coached circles around Donovan this second half. 

Perimeter shooting bigs kill this team Always have, Adams only sort of half commits to them so he can still protect the paint. Good shooting by Horford today.

Horford couldn’t hit the ocean in the first half But when he found it he found it

We benched Roberson for a possession we needed a defensive stop. I hate our coach.

Refs were bad. Billy D was worse.

Refs were bad in Q3 But this loss is on Russ and Melo in the second half.

When nothing worked for Boston, Stevens found an answer. Did Billy find an answer for Horford shooting all those threes? No. Not even top half coach in this league.

When do we start calling for Donovan to be fired?

39 points in the second half. Thirty-bleeping-nine points in the second half. We lost the second half by 25 points.

i think westbrook's been a mess the whole year, our schedule has just been easy. he's been playing with this flippant chip on his shoulder.

I don’t know if anyone can hang with Kyrie If the paint is empty but especially not Adams.

If this team falls apart in the offseason, will dononvan still be here? I just want him gone.

Only way I see donovan getting canned is if we underperform and lose melo and PG. That's what it'll take. 

Stings extra bad when you watch Horford turn into Steph Curry, knowing damn well he should have been in our jersey. 

Two fairly evenly-matched teams. Boston wasn't as bad as they showed in the 1H, and same for OKC in the 2H. Like other's have mentioned, the X-factor was Brad Stevens & Billy D

Kyrie had me thinking the earth really is flat after that 5 point play. Schooled us all

CarMelo Anthony sucks! Send his azz back to NY

Boston in the first half
Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away 1509769003381411

Boston in the second half

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away 1509769030916763

Thunder in the first half
Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away 1509768906279465
Thunder in the second half
Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away 1509768930439332

Russ stopped wanting to finish at the rim because baynes was shouldering him to the floor and he's getting no calls this is the officials engineering ratings

Feast/famine is what this team is now with Melo being Melo, Russ being a child, and Billy being in over his head.

“The Celtics came out as flat as the Earth in the first half”

The second half was the opposite. All the momentum was gone in a flash why? easy . Celtics went to the line. 6 times to be exact. thunder went twice. I know i know, it sounds like a broken record, but the refs were utter trash this quarter. Flagrant on russ? GTFO, all the flopping the celtics were doing and getting rewarded. And i know some of will roll your eyes at me, but if the reffing was consistent, we would win these games. 10 more free throws for the celtics and we lose by 7, come on man. 

This game was over when Horford was 4/4 from 3.

Thunder killer of the game

Melo 3-17 killed us. That was the difference as much as anything.

Was Isaiah Thomas the Celtics Carmelo?

Brad Stevens is a coach with a brain. I wish we had him instead of the Billy the Dud.

Russ and Melo are being wildcards And lack discipline on defense.

A coach is supposed to be able to reign in their players and bring them on one page. Stevens has obviously got Kyrie buying into his system. And it’s working great for them as well, no chemistry issues, no significant issues, few miscues, and all smart play-writing.

problem is, and its my biggest surprise so far this year, PG doesn’t look like a natural passer at all. I mean he has probably missed a wide open Adams dump off in order to take a highly contested shot 10 times already this year at least.

Russ hasn’t been good, Melo’s play style just doesn’t work, and PG shows flashes but as Pacers fans warned, disappears too often. I’ve honestly been more disappointed with him overall just due to lack of aggression.

Boston impressed me hugely tonight – they should have been buried but fought every possession and were very organised and very calm. Amazing considering their roster

Boston literally overturned it’s entire roster. More than this team. And has it figured out 2 weeks in.

boston are playing exceedingly well now but its 8 games and they play rookies and other young guys. they will hit a big slump sooner or later i guarantee it. part of it is youth going great guns but not understanding or being able to cope with 82 games  (MY NOTE:  Good thing we have veterans like Kyrie, Al, Baynes, Morris, Smart and Rozier)

This was a pathetic loss. No excuse to lose this game.

Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now.

Play stupid yah lose stupid. Smh haven't beat a good team yet, they get a nice lead against them and decide to abandon the gameplan to stat hunt. Boston stepped their defense game up but come on

Kyrie OWNED the game when it was "money" time. 

Since the Houston series last year dononvan has us switch on screens and not fight through them. Adams willingly guarded Kyrie at the top of the key and left the paint wide open on the most crucial defensive possession of the night. Brad Stevens > Billy Dononvan 

Brad made better adjustments than Billy. He went small, which took Adams out of the paint, which then put the onus on Melo (to cover) and Russ. In the 1st half Adams was in the paint as the cover, which caused a lot of problems for Boston. So Brad switched that, smart coaching by Brad, & poor help defense by Russ and Melo.

Interesting comments that Kyrie made today about playing for am intellectual coach. What do you think Russ would be like if he had a guy like Stevens or Popovich for his entire career? It’s kind of sad when you think about it.

Tatum and Brown are both really good. Celtics drafting has been good. Coaching is great. They will be the team to beat soon.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by beat Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:57 pm

First comment goes way out on a limb..........

[b]Should be a good game. If both teams show up, it could go either way.

but this combo made me chuckle.

Why does Carmelo get tourette syndrome every time he grabs a rebound?

He was dropped as child?

these are always great after a win against a good team....hope to see them after every game

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:16 pm

I don't remember the Celtics being on the end of too many questionable calls Friday night. Usually there is a list of them, but mostly to the Celtics DISadvantage, not advantage.

Like to read that we are not the only homers in the league watching their teams and feeling like every call should go their way!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:37 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I don't remember the Celtics being on the end of too many questionable calls Friday night.  Usually there is a list of them, but mostly to the Celtics DISadvantage, not advantage.

Like to read that we are not the only homers in the league watching their teams and feeling like every call should go their way!!!

Being a HOMER is special.
Loved Johnny Most
Hated Chick Hearn

Just goes with the Green tinted glasses.

(little side story too.Chatted with Marcus last evening, Loves his Boston College job, anyway 2 years ago when he worked for the Chicago Sky they ran a particular play to free up their then MVP Elaina Della-Donne to free up her strong shooting hand for a good shot. Marcus sketched out the play and put it on the head coaches desk 2 days ago.

Coach worked on it with the team a little in practice.

Yesterday they had a scrimmage and ran the play for their good freshman player............result a layup.

Marcus says the coach is asking him a lot of questions (and he's been a coach for more than 20 years) when it seems the 22 YO should be the one askig the questions.

He's confided that in time he really wants to get into coaching............and if you look at our very own Brad Stevens he started out doing the same video work Marcus is doing right now. Have no idea when or where but he's got his foot in the door and down the road there is little doubt in my mind he'll get a gig somewhere. And Lord willing I'll be around to see it !!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Years ago when you started telling us about Marcus and his wonderful goals, I could tell that somewhere down the road I would be reading that he had himself an assistant coaching job somewhere. Video has given him a foot in the door of the basketball world. The more he learn, works, approaches that enviornment, the more I believe your dream will come true.
He is a go getter. Stevens was just the same way, not very successful on the floor, but became a basketball junkie and guru off the floor.

Marcus is following the same path. Beat, you should be very
proud. AND YOU WILL BE HERE TO SEE IT ALL UNFOLD, I AM SURE OF THAT!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down