Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

4 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:20 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2020/02/comments-from-other-side-thunder-2920.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  My favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

This could be our best win of the season, if we take it. I predict that Adams will have an above average game offensively.

Time to put on our big boy pants and make a statement.

Would love to see a Steven Adams full court hail Mary ally-oop dunk at the buzzer today

Classic hospital Celtics! Should be a good game

at the game watching warmups. in case you guys were wondering, marcus smart just shot 2/13 from three and then somehow shot it backwards from out of bounds and made it. So there’s that.

Are the injured Celtics warming up?

Only saw smart, Hayward, kemba, and kanter.

This is the kind of hard-hitting field journalism, I have come to expect and love from our fanbase.

We haven't beaten the Celtics since 2016. Bout that time

Starting today vs the Celtics, I hope the Thunder play better than they did against Detroit and Cleveland. Hopefully those 2 games were cases of the Thunder playing down to the level of competition.

Unfortunate uniform choices today for the color blind community

I’m not even color blind and I’m having a hard time

Just noticed that we have some great mismatches on offense

Why are both teams wearing dark jerseys? My eyes are too old for this sh**

Damn, Kemba’s even more scary on a good team lol

Did you guys see Kemba walk away smiling after that SGA and one?

The best part of these jerseys is that my eye isn’t immediately drawn to the truck stop patch.

What if 1 of their 3 small forwards was on okc

Finals

the most bullsh** shots are going in for the celtics

This kid Tatum needs to shave that half a** beard

Man I'd love Brown in OKC

What can Brown do for you?

He can defend, handle the ball, score and he's starting to improve his shooting from distance. He's very good Imo.

It’s the UPS motto but yes he is good.

I still think the Celtics are coming out of the east

That was 100% out on us lmfao

5 possessions without scoring while the opponent gets a 4 point lead and Billy calls timeout??? That's that good sh**!!!

Celtics announcers giving SGA props. Nice.

Celtics going full Houston

Steven using Williams as a chair at the FT line, wtf

That defense from Ferguson on Kemba was amazing.

It looks like Ferg and Dort hounding him around already has him a little gassed

Yeah and on Tatum too

Brad: Enes what can you tell me about this OKC team Enes: I will tell you nothing ''I might wear green but my heart bleeds blue''

4 first half ORB from Adams. Don’t even need buckets to look imposing in this game.

Billy's just matchup hunting every time down. Can't hide anyone. Brutal.

Brad Stevens looks like Mayor Pete

The milquest of toasts

Offensive rebounding has been huge

Kembert is such a good player

Kemba has to be the most likable guy in the NBA

We gotta get up on Kemba after the high picks. I don't wanna see another Dame performance.

You know Adams was talking mad sh** to Enes just now

Kemba looks WAY faster and harder to guard live than on TV

Celtics forum complaining that the refs are being paid for this.

Don't have a good track record of maintaining good leads against the Celtics in the 2nd half. Hopefully this team is different.

Smart got a halftime tech according to twitter!

I have totally forgotten how fun it is to watch Kemba play. Probably wouldn't be so fun if we weren't up tho

Imagine this team with Marcus Morris on it

I don’t know if we want another Morris on this team lmao

This game is the literal definition of "game of runs"

If you could bring one of Brown Jayson or Gordon to this team which one would u pick.

Tatum easy

Brown.

Tatum

Billy would turn Brown into the greatest defender of all time

Tatum and it's not close Dude is a dog on offense and defense

Bruh did anyone see steveo just body brown haha

Kemba should’ve stayed with the hornets

Lmao theis is a brick

Literally every screen the Celtics set is moving

You would think that the biggest basketball league in the world, with billions of dollars, would have the best and smartest refs in the world, right? Or does that make too much sense?

I've never heard of a Theis let alone seen him dominate the glass, also frick refs what the he**

Refs against us again 😔

I don't know if its because they've been so complimentary, or just called a pretty good game, but the Celtics announcers are nice.

Where does the nba find these refs? Genuine question

I like Chris but please take him off Tatum

Tatum has developed in to such a good player. Very enjoyable to watch when he’s not torching your team.

Hayward upon seeing Nader: OH MY GOD

Nader... Sigh.

Someone please tell Nader he is not as good as he thinks he is

I hate Nader

These refs are on bullsh**

Marcus smart putting on a show again

Did Marcus Smart just get shot? LMFAO

Diallo clotheslined Marcus Smart lmao

Close game? Sorry Boston

NBA the rating are down. Should we fine flopping. Nahhhh

Lol CP3 really set a screen for a dribbling Adams to switch on to possibly the best perimeter defender in the league? Huh.

We may not win but it’s pretty clear that shai is going to be the greatest player to ever play the game.

Diallo and garbage can Nader playing all these minutes over Bazley and Dort is atrocious coaching / rotations

Diallo isn’t ready for NBA minutes at this point in his career.

Diallo a Celtics player now

Theis is German but he looks like he’s from downstate Illinois and sells weed to teenagers

Okay y’all, we’re down but this game isn’t over.

Can y’all chill we have them where we want them

Gotta hand it to them. The Celtics are seamlessly rotating on defense really well.

Lmao smart flopping on the baseline when he heard the whistle.

Tough second half. Kemba going nuclear in spurts hurt us.

Missing layups and letting Boston get like 3 offensive rebounds per possession is not a recipe for success

WHY IS CHRIS ON TATUM WHO CAN BE A POWER FORWARD

Refs wearing green unis I see.

Walker is a little boy ain't gonna do sh** in the playoffs

Damn Kemba is on fire. He’s been great in this 4th. I hate it. But I respect it.

That'll likely do it. Too many missed gimme shots, too many offensive rebounds for the Celtics, and they saved their best shots for the end.

Sometimes you lose to good teams. Idk what hot takes can really be had here

Steven 2-10...yikes.

Trade diallo for a can of Pepsi and a bag of Doritos

Doritos says no.

Why are these bums like Nader and diallo on the team

Bro Shai you know damn well your're not gonna cook Marcus Smart to tie the game come on

How are you not more careful with the ball there Great defence by Smart tho

Respect to Smart.

IF SHAI MADE THAT ONE FREE THROW. IF ANYONE MADE ONE EXTRA WIDE OPEN LAYUP

NAH MAN ITS ALL ON DIALLO DIDNT YOU HEAR

You can tell expectations are growing cos there's some salty sh** directed at our own team

Bad loss. Thunder are the better team, but couldn't execute in 2nd half.

The Celtics have 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 4 best players in this matchup. Thought we matched up pretty well with them overall coming into the game, but clearly I was wrong. I mean, yeah, it's a different game if Kemba doesn't hit those back-to-back tough 3s in the final 2 minutes, but he did and we got outscored by about 20 in the 2nd half.

Great team effort. Boston is just a better team...

Keeping our pick!!

Smart is a good defender. Shai seldom ever gets picked. We really don’t need to lose our pick this year. I’m not the least bit upset over this.

Exactly what I thought. The 1-20 protected pick is more important for OKC long-term than a slightly better chance at the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

For the first time this season I hate basketball, not because we lost but with how we lost

If we cap on those steals and easy shots that didn't go in it woulda been a W. So W in my eyes  (MY NOTE:  And if we didn't miss all our shots and got every rebound we'd be undefeated this year)

Give Boston credit. That’s a really good NBA team. Give Marcus Smart credit. That’s a clutch defensive play. Still impressed with how we hung with them. Missed layups and rebounds hurts though. And lesson learned for SGA. Feeling all right with this loss

Yeah, never attack Smart at the clutch

Well a lot of things to learn from, I guess. Can’t win every game and tbf Boston is really good. Kemba is clutch and before the game I honestly never expected it to be a close game.

The Celtics are simply a very good team. Tough loss, tough ending tho.

Celtics are a really good team and I’m not even too mad cause it shows that we can compete vs top teams and that we ain’t a fluke

One adjustment I've noticed Boston made this game, they completely took away the lob from both CP3 and Dennis, basically said we'll live with your mid-rangers however efficient you are. We can expect teams in the playoffs to do the same

Celtics were better team in the end, Kemba sealed the deal with two daggers. Allowed so many offensive rebounds. Mistakes happen onto the next one.

I hate Daniel Theis  (MY NOTE:  This is respect.  If he said he "had a punchable face" that would have been MAJOR respect)

Everyone who thinks this is a championship caliber team pay attention to games like this.
We were beat by a better team. Boston is going nowhere in the playoffs. They are not close to the best in the east and they beat us at home.

Missed a ton of layups though and Walker hit those two huge 3s, so not too bothered. Celts are a great team. Tatum especially was huge tonight

Fun game 😊

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Theis is German but he looks like he’s from downstate Illinois and sells weed to teenagers

Possibly the best comment from any "comments from the other side" ever. Just makes me like Theis even more....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Thunder, Away

Post by worcester Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Man I'd love Brown in OKC

What can Brown do for you?

He can defend, handle the ball, score and he's starting to improve his shooting from distance. He's very good Imo.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Gee, too bad, He belongs to Boston for 4 more years at least!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down