NYCelt
Shamrock1000
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
11 posters

Go down

Charles Barkley Empty Charles Barkley

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Watching him last night made me want to jump thru the screen and choke him.  He had no idea what he was talking about. No way he has watched the Celtics five times. He had no idea they had already beat Toronto, San Antonio, OKC.  He had made up his mind and that was all he cared about.  

I found him about as entertaining as Brent Barry and Marv Albert, two know nothing announcers
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Charles Barkley Empty Re: Charles Barkley

Post by dboss Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Charles proved that he never did his homework assignment.  You have to know that Boston went into the game having beat OKC. San Antonio and the team his said we can"t beat, Toronto.

He made a complete ass out of himself and lost whatever credibility he had left.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Barkley is an entertainer, not a serious sports analyst.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Sir Charles has made a career out of brash statements shot from the hip.

You can't take him seriously, until March, when he changes over to the NCAA tournament broadcast team and sounds like a completely different person.

He sure could rebound back in the day, too.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 am

Is he a heavy drinker? If so, he needs help. If not, he needs help.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 am

his best quote of the pre game show to me was:

there is no way Boston holds GS to only 94 points tonight.

turns out Charles was RIGHT after all!!!

LOL
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:09 am

Barkley is great. He is always very entertaining even if not always correct in his predictions. He often touches on topics that other TV guys would never touch as well.

No fans can take personal offense to him in any way. He never attacks a team's fans personally although he will attack at least one team every night.

When he is on TV he is always flanked by others who are much more basketball technical and also by someone who is there to smooth things over if necessary so just sit back and enjoy him.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 am

wideclyde wrote:Barkley is great.  He is always very entertaining even if not always correct in his predictions.  He often touches on topics that other TV guys would never touch as well.

No fans can take personal offense to him in any way.  He never attacks a team's fans personally although he will attack at least one team every night.

When he is on TV he is always flanked by others who are much more basketball technical and also by someone who is there to smooth things over if necessary so just sit back and enjoy him.

Agreed.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 am

wideclyde wrote:Barkley is great.  He is always very entertaining even if not always correct in his predictions.  He often touches on topics that other TV guys would never touch as well.

No fans can take personal offense to him in any way.  He never attacks a team's fans personally although he will attack at least one team every night.

I agree. Whenever he picks on another team, we love it. I remember when he went off on the Lakers. He said that since they were horrible and had been horrible for years, they shouldn't be on national television. He said give the current good teams a chance to shine. Our game with the Lakers this year was on national television, they still are horrible, so it reminded me of what he said.

Now that we are relevant, he sets his sights on us. He never did like the Celtics, we often kept him out of the playoffs. I actually like much of what he says, but I do understand he has no love for the Celtics.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 am

Barkley's popularity (or lack of ) often times depends on "whose boat is being rocked"

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am

About all I can add is he says what he feels and thinks.

Not always takes the company line. Rather have it that way than a fake which a lot of the other analysts are.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 am

https://nesn.com/2017/11/celtics-hilariously-respond-on-twitter-to-charles-barkleys-halftime-rant/

Celtics Respond To Charles Barkley’s Halftime Rant With Hilarious Tweet 

by Logan Mullen 

on Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 4:28PM

The adage “he who laughs last, laughs loudest” is fitting for the Boston Celtics a day after their 92-88 win over the Golden State Warriors. 

During halftime of Thursday night’s showdown at TD Garden, Hall of Fame forward and TNT analyst Charles Barkley lambasted the Celtics as they trailed in the game. 

The Celtics, of course, turned things around, erasing a 17-point deficit en route to victory. And on Friday afternoon, the Celtics’ official Twitter account responded to Barkley’s comments in an appropriate fashion. 

Boston Celtics‏Verified account 

[ltr]@celtics[/ltr]

21h21 hours ago
More

We still love you, Chuck Charles Barkley 1f602
Charles Barkley DO276k4UMAAP_uZ

Looks like the Celtics might be standing alone in their forgiveness, however, as most of the replies to the tweet are from Boston fans still livid with Barkley’s hot take. 

Chuck has a little over a month to rethink his opinion on the C’s, who play their next game on TNT on Dec. 21 against the New York Knicks.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:36 pm

I disagree. If you watch him on a regular basis, he goes against the grain constantly. If he said "no disrespect" one more time I thought I would kill myself laughing. Barkley doesn't just do this to the Celtics, he does it all the time, with other teams. He picks someone out or some team out, and then attempts to look really "in tune" to what is going on.

Those who find him entertaining aren't really listening to the messenger. He is just riding this wave for as long as he can, hoping that no one notices that he is not the least bit knowledgeable of the teams he is talking about.

Just my opinion, everyone is looking for something different when watching a game
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down