wideclyde
bobheckler
steve3344
8 posters

Go down

Yabusele sent down Empty Yabusele sent down

Post by steve3344 Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-send-yabusele-maine-red-210310637.html

They weren't giving him hardly any minutes so it makes sense.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Yabusele sent down Empty Re: Yabusele sent down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 am

Maine Red Claws‏Verified account 

[ltr]@maineredclaws[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@maineredclaws[/ltr]

More
Red Claws and @wcknicks tip off at 11 a.m.
Watch Yabusele vs. Joakim Noah LIVE: [size=0]https://www.
facebook.com/nbagleague/videos/10155659956455289/ …

#CrustaceanNation
[/size]
7:43 AM - 29 Nov 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  FYI, The Knicks sent Joachim Noah down to G-League, ergo the matchup vs The Dancing Bear.  (Hint:  Run, Bear, RUN!!!  His legs won't keep up)

Last edited by bobheckler on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am

I am sure that this move would have happened even earlier if the Cs had been carrying a full and healthy 15 man roster.

Ainge may be hoping that Yabasele can go down to the G league and shine to make him look like a much more valuable trade chip.

The "it" factor is huge in a game like basketball, and is probably even more important than physical capabilities.  Because the game moves so fast understanding is key.  Unfortunately, Yabasele does not seem to have the "it" factor despite his very impressive physical looks and skills.

James Young (and, there are others) was talented, but never made it because he didn't have the "it" factor.
I predict that Yabasele may fall into this same category, and Ainge may be looking to move him before the rest of the league figures it out.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Good place for him to get some playing time.

He never looked like he could play at the NBA level. In his brief stints in pre-season he looked like a slower, less coordinated, version of Glen Davis. The few minutes he's had in the NBA this year showed more of the same. Drafting him was just a gamble that didn't pay off. It happens.

I doubt he ever returns to Boston or anywhere else in the NBA. I would guess he'll head back overseas where he can have a nice career and make some substantial money.

Seems to be a good guy. Good luck to him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm

NYCelt wrote:Good place for him to get some playing time.

He never looked like he could play at the NBA level. In his brief stints in pre-season he looked like a slower, less coordinated, version of Glen Davis. The few minutes he's had in the NBA this year showed more of the same. Drafting him was just a gamble that didn't pay off. It happens.

I doubt he ever returns to Boston or anywhere else in the NBA. I would guess he'll head back overseas where he can have a nice career and make some substantial money.

Seems to be a good guy. Good luck to him.

NYCelt,

Here is Yabby's contract details:  Red means 'Team Option', which means there is the rest of this year and next year's Danny would have to buy out before he could just renounce him.

2017/18.....$2,247,480
2018/19.....$2,667,600
2019/20.....$3,117,240
2020/21.....$4,781,846
2021/22.....$6,718,494
2022/23$0

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Bob,

Interesting $s.

Fortunately not that much in the scheme of things in the NBA. The club should make that in it's split of popcorn and soft-drink revenue. Probably good that it's limited, since I doubt anyone else wants him, therefore probably no trade value.

Unlike others we signed for too much/too long (Vin Baker, anyone?), we don't have to deal with it for long.

Two and a half to play hoops in the G-League. Life could be worse.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

wideclyde wrote:I am sure that this move would have happened even earlier if the Cs had been carrying a full and healthy 15 man roster.

Ainge may be hoping that Yabasele can go down to the G league and shine to make him look like a much more valuable trade chip.

The "it" factor is huge in a game like basketball, and is probably even more important than physical capabilities.  Because the game moves so fast understanding is key.  Unfortunately, Yabasele does not seem to have the "it" factor despite his very impressive physical looks and skills.

James Young (and, there are others) was talented, but never made it because he didn't have the "it" factor.
I predict that Yabusele may fall into this same category, and Ainge may be looking to move him before the rest of the league figures it out.

I had my doubts about Yabusele from the beginning. From a physical standpoint only, he reminds me of a young Charles Barkley, who was/is really only about 6'5', but was built like a refrigerator, as he was originally dubbed. Barkley also had the uncanny ability to get the inside position down in the paint and had some "hops" in his younger days.

Yabusele never really had to play defense in college nor at the pro league in China, but he has some offensive skills. He hasn't been able to effectively transfer his offense to the NBA as he doesn't have the length, albeit he has the bulk; plus, the NBA competition is much more quicker, faster, bigger, and superior in basketball talent.

I hope Yabusele can find his niche in Portland, but I think his ceiling is low compared to someone such as Ojeleye. Semi moved ahead of Yabu in the roster because he is quicker and has better defensive skills - he can stay in front of his man and knows his defensive assignments better.

I think Yabu could be more effective if he can establish an inside game, ala Jared Sullinger. My guess is that Yabu is an expendable asset (fodder) that might be useful to complete future transactions, e.g., salary cap sign and trade, when he becomes eligible to trade. Not much $, but still a commodity. Yes, I don't see the "it" factor in Yabu either.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm

The failure rate for number 16 picks is quite high. No big deal.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Yabby leads the Red Claws to victory over the Westchester Knicks with Joachim Noah.

27 points for Yabby.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:46 pm

bob,

We have all seen guys score a bunch in the G League, but not be able to make much of a mark in the NBA.

I hope that Yabusele can be the next guy who makes it to the NBA from the G League.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:29 am

Bob,
Are you sure these clips aren't faked? They look just like all those other clips from last year and the year before. It has to be some kind of mitsake! Wink

Either that or maybe Bear just needs a real chance. Maybe he needs to start since he seems to do better that way. lol

Anyway, I"m glad to see the guy I've been promoting since the first video surfaced have a good game. The skill set I've been talking about was on display last night. It remains to be seen if his play will really translate to the NBA but those clips are why Danny drafted him.

Imagine if his game translates, it isn't hard to do. Hitting those three pointers and drive to the rim too. The only question his defense and a Euro step or two. Yes Imagine if it translates, it isn't hard to do. (Now how do I get the tune from my head?)
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Here is a quick update on what the Dancing Bear is doing in RedClawville

He's played in 12 games so far

35mpg 21ppg 48% 34% from 3 +81% on fritos 8Reb 3assist 1.2 steals 1.5 blocks 3TO and 3PF per game

This is pretty much what he has always done in less than NBA competition. I'm glad that he is getting a chance to play and shine. Let's hope when he gets his next chance in the NBA it isn't coming off surgery on both feet.

mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Seeing that Yabusele is scoring pretty well down at Maine is nice, but it surely does not assure him a spot on next year's team.

Like has been mentioned by others already, there is a huge difference between playing well in the G-League and playing well in the NBA.

I hate to say it but Yabusele kind of reminds me of James Young in many ways. The Cs gave Young a bunch of years to develop, but right now I am not even sure that he found a place in the G-League.

Seems that if you have "it" you have a chance, and if you don't have "it" you are likely not going to become successful in the NBA. Competition for spots is outrageous and just about every candidate has at least one physical skill (speed, quickness, strength, jumping ability, etc) to build upon, but if you don't have the "it" you will get passed by sooner rather than later.

James Young was a big time college star, Physically he was always ahead of his competition, but didn't have what it took to make it in the NBA where all of a sudden he had to face similar or better physical skills.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:14 pm

All the local hype about the potential of middle and lower round draft pick should be taken with a glass of reality - the odds of any real success are not as good as often believed to be by the fans.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Rozier and Yabu were both picked at #16, no? Rondo at 19? Kawai at 15?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:07 pm

worcester wrote:Rozier and Yabu were both picked at #16, no? Rondo at 19? Kawai at 15?

I think John Stockton was also something like a 16 pick. Some might say he wasn't too bad.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down