Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis

3 posters

Go down

Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis Empty Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis

Post by dboss Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:47 pm

I think I can get this pregame stuff posted before game time.

The jazz are 13-15 and have yet to figure out how to win on the road as they have produced a pitiful 2-10 record. I hate to see the Celtics play a team that is struggling (Jazz on a 4 game skid) because they are looking to get well.

I want to mention their rookie Donavan Mitchell. He is an undersized 6' 3" shooting guard out of Louisville that has been flying under the radar when we look at the best rookies to come out. He is going to be a pain in the ass. He has elite athleticism, is tough as nails and can score the basketball from deep or driving to the rim. He is fast and likes to get out in front. He leads the jazz in scoring at 17.8 PPG and shots almost 37% from behind the arc.

Did I mention that he has big time hops?

Rudy is the center and he anchors the defense by intimidating opponents in the paint and controlling the glass.

Rodney hood after missing several games due to injury returned in their recent loss to the Bulls. He is their shooting guard and a player that I wish we had drafted instead of Young.

Rubio runs the point and Favors is their power forward. Sharp shooter Ingles is a player that would be a nice fit on the Celtics.

Here is what we need to know. The Jazz are not a great offensive team. They are solid defensively giving up 100 PPG (4th in the league)

The Celtics can beat them easily by playing an uptempo game. Basically the Celtics need to blow them off the court. They are a well coached team but do not have enough pure talent to compete against really good teams. Gobert will keep them in games because he really is a great rim protector. Don't be fooled by their slow pace. Rubio and Mitchell have some pep in their step and will run out on you if you are lax. Alec Burk the 6' 6" SG comes off the bench and has scored in double figures in their last 9 out of 10 games.

As I mentioned, they have lost 4 games in a row, They were on a 6 game winning streak culminating with an unreal 116-69 beat down (47 point Win) against the Wiz.

The Celtics will win this game by simply playing Celtics basketball. Expect Baynes to start against Gobert and Al to check Favors. Irving should have a field day against Rubio or anyone else that is inclined to attempt to stop him.

Enjoy the game!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis Empty Re: Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Horford taking Gobert away from the basket.  Baynes playing Banger Ball with Favors.  

#6 Marcus Smart making #5 Dante Exum looking like a #25 pick.

Tatum vs Jerebko.  Now that should be interesting.

Brown against Mitchell.  Another interesting matchup.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis Empty Re: Jazz @ Celtics Game # 31 Pregame Analysis

Post by Phil Pressey Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm

It's at home. Horford and Irving are back. I think as usual it will come down to the bench. The starters have been getting it done all year.

It'll be fun to watch Jerebko. I also want to see if Smart can have another good assist night.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down