Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work

2 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work Empty Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:14 pm

http://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/20/boston-celtics-gordon-hayward-details-his-basketball-drills-and-rehab-work/

Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work

Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work Usatsi_10386990

By: Jared Weiss | 14 hours ago

Gordon Hayward may not be playing basketball yet, but it hasn’t stopped him from improving his game. Hayward was seen soon after the injury shooting from a chair. Weeks later, he’s walking around in a minimal brace on his ankle.

As he told our USA Today friends at For The Win Tuesday, he is working on more than just popping up a few shots.

“For the first month and a half, I wasn’t able to stand on my foot, so I did a lot of stuff out of a chair,” he told For The Win on Tuesday. “So just like around the rim, different spins and flicks you can do, kind of the stuff Kyrie Irving does naturally. I’ve been able to work on the left hand with passing out of a chair. In the weight room, it’s a lot of range of motion stuff like stretching and mobility, things that I definitely needed to do on my right leg.”

Hayward is heating the buzz around his progress, which his boss Danny Ainge tried to temper in a radio interview earlier in the day. Hayward is making good progress, but has barely even made it to base camp on this mountain of a return.

“It’s definitely a long process,” he said. “People see me coming out of a boot [and think] that I’m about to play in the next month. That’s definitely far from the truth. I’m right on schedule, where the Celtics want me to be.”

Just as Ainge said, Hayward is aiming to pick up his career right where it left off when he returns. Whether it’s this season or next, Hayward will put in all the work needed to go back to being an All-Star player.

“I want to make sure that when I do get back that I’m every bit the player I was and better.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work Empty Re: Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward details his basketball drills and rehab work

Post by dboss Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Approximately 4 months from now on April 11, the Celtics will play their last regular season game.

Speculation over this period of time about Gordon returning to action will continue to wet the appetite of fans.

The Celtics have invested heavily in this young man and will not take any chances with his future. He would need to be 100% before being allowed to come back. That means being able to cut, jump, run, stop and go without any significant discomfort. If he cannot do that than he will have an additional 6-7 months to prepare for the 2018-19 season. This has been a lost season for Hayward but not a lost season for the Celtics.

Next year they will take the court with a much better team than they have this year and this year's story has hardly been written off.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down