Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010

+2
beat
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010 Empty Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010

Post by dboss Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am

Drip drip drip...As the Lebron watch continues. last night he left the team. he has already gone elsewhere.

The Cavs are finished.

The Celtics are determined.

ESPN is scratching their collective heads trying to figure out what went wrong. This was not suppose to happen this way.

Feeling pretty, pretty, pretty, good!

The Celtics will win this thing for the same reason why they won in the past.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010

Post by beat Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 am

Among all the stats, this one is the best

We had 5 players whom scored as much OR MORE than the former KING.

Still need one more to move on so I'm not gonna gloat (yet)
But dang just no way Cleveland will muster enough to take this now.
They are too predictable.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics put Cavs in the Coffin 120-88 5/11/2010

Post by swedeinestonia Wed May 12, 2010 8:02 am

I am with beat.

It is looking reaaaally good but I hope the players are not gloating or satisfied yet, remember game 3!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 am

It ain't over until it's over - Yogi

So, this is how we look when everybody is firing on all 8. Nice. Now I understand why Doc was saying "I have faith in this team. I believe, when we're healthy, we can beat anybody". They sure played like it last night. The Cleveland Cavaliers were 35-6 at home during the regular season. They are now 1-2 against us at home in this series.

1. Ray Allen for 25 points on 8-13 shooting. I love this guy. I absolutely love this guy. Keeps his head up, doesn't get into lockerroom drama after a bad loss, doesn't let a bad game affect his routine, just goes out and calmly and cooly hammers in a coffin nail.

2. Another great effort by Rondo. Didn't have the gaudy individual stats of the last game, but when you see every starter was in double digits, that means he's doing his job. He still outplayed Mo. Remember, a year or two ago, people were talking about Mo Williams and Rondo in the same breaths? Those days are gone.

3. BREAKING NEWS!! We have positive Proof of Life from the missing Paul Pierce! It's about time. 21 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, only 1 turnover and good defense on LeBron. A very good all round game from the Captain. Welcome back.

4. Once again, Tony and Davis came in and did their jobs and did them well. For the few minutes Marquis and Shelden played I thought they looked surprisingly smooth and effective too. With the exception of Z, who didn't play a lot of minutes but did surprisingly well when he was in, the entire Cleveland bench wasn't worth a shit. Technically they outrebounded us and out blocked us, but they were no impact plays (other than Z). Jamario Moon and Daniel Gibson were cannon fodder. Poor Leon is obviously still struggling to get his game back. Delonte was ineffective.

5. We only had 10 turnovers all game, against one of the best defenses in the NBA. If we can continue with that, we're going to win #18. Turnovers and scoring droughts have been our achilles heels. If we eliminate even one of those problems, we're good.

6. Am I just looking through green-colored glasses, or is KG moving better, faster and more smoothly?

7. Did you see the look on the fans' faces when the score ballooned up to 30? That was the look of fans who knew their chances of keeping LeBron in Cleveland just took a big hit.

I've used the word "surprising" a lot in this rant. I guess that pretty much sums up my feelings. I knew we could do it, I just didn't think there'd be 3 blow out games out of 5 in this series. Holy Cow(ens). Two of them in Cleveland, no less.

I was able to listen to a little of the post-game drivel coming from TNT. Kenny Smith said "the Boston Celtics showed that basketball is a team sport and teams beat individuals most of the time." He must be a member of this board because we've been saying that all along. Music to my ears. Take THAT, David Stern.

We need to close this out next game. I do NOT want to have to go back to Cleveland and have to go 3-1 there to move on to Orlando. But if we do lose in Boston and then go back to Cleveland and win game 7 (making our post-season road record 4-2) that would send shock waves through southern Florida too.

I'm a very happy man today.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed May 12, 2010 11:27 am

I liked that the C's weren't celebrating much at the end of the game. Good sign, more work to do!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 am

We'll see dboss....We were up on Orlando last year, 3-2 with game 7 at home...How'd that work out for us ?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 12, 2010 11:45 am

laceltfan,

We were also without our starting power forward, our backup power forward and our utility backup power forward. Most teams only have 3 power forwards and that's what we were down. Orlando has Lewis, Bass and Anderson at 4. Where would theybe if they were to have to play us without those 3? We also had just completed a grueling series, which included a 3 OT game, against Chicago.

I don't see the comparables.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down