Isaiah Looked Healthy Tonight.

+2
cowens/oldschool
worcester
6 posters

Go down

Isaiah Looked Healthy Tonight. Empty Isaiah Looked Healthy Tonight.

Post by worcester Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm

I take back everything I said about his doctors making a mistake by not doing surgery. He looked damn good tonight with no discernible impairment. I wish him well.
He had 19 points in 31 minutes while shaking off the rust.

Meanwhile LAL lost to the Grizz. Yes! Hawks,Bulls, and Charlotte won. All good news for our LAL pick.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Looked Healthy Tonight. Empty Re: Isaiah Looked Healthy Tonight.

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am

Was it me or did Cavs look really old, especially in 4th, nobody could hit a shot? Jeff Green looked like Jeff Green, Lebron played great for 3 quarters, then he had to do everything in 4th and just didn’t have it.

I’m thinking we’re the only team that can play with energy and defend vs Warriors, as Cavs can’t defend that team. Saw GS get a lot of open looks that wouldn’t be there vs Jaylen, Rozier, Smart, Theis, Tatum....if only we also had Hayward, we could use the extra scoring/shooting.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 am

No doubt the Cavs looked OLD in the 4th, and LeBron made so many stupid turnovers - 7 or more. They let GSW off the hook. I can see the Celtics pestering the Warriors to distraction.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am

worcester wrote:No doubt the Cavs looked OLD in the 4th, and LeBron made so many stupid turnovers - 7 or more. They let GSW off the hook. I can see the Celtics pestering the Warriors to distraction.

Nobody defends like us, as much as I have ripped them for bad offense, Rozier and Smart are keys to our defense, of course the whole team defends manically as stats prove.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 am

Hi,
As the teams look currently, I think Celtics have more than 50% chances to get into the Finals.
As for GSW, they're still above everybody else. Last night Cavs were fighting tooth and nail and looked like contender but in 4th quarter GSW switched gears and left Cavs breathing the dust. That's just my impression.
And I don't think IT will be able to turn things around, even when he's at 100%. When the whole team doesn't play defense they don't have a prayer against a team like GSW.
But again, it's only mid-January, we'll see what happens in April-May-June.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

The Cavs played well through 3 quarters but they struggle to close games out and were totally outplayed by the Warriors in the 4th. Their lack of energy at both ends was obvious.

The Cavs are still a viable team but...

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 pm

worcester wrote:I take back everything I said about his doctors making a mistake by not doing surgery. He looked damn good tonight with no discernible impairment. I wish him well.
He had 19 points in 31 minutes while shaking off the rust.

Meanwhile LAL lost to the Grizz. Yes! Hawks,Bulls, and Charlotte won. All good news for our LAL pick.

Not so fast..he shot 8-21 from the field.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/cavaliers_players_wondering_if.html

"Rotations are awful. IT (Isaiah Thomas) is so much worse than Kyrie (Irving) defensively it's insane," said a league source. "There is not a great feeling anywhere. They need to limp into the All-Star break and get away from each other."
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm

It seems that Cleveland is a very unhappy place to be right now. There was a story or stories about several players going into a private room with reporters and ripped the team completely. Unhappy campers there on the Cavs, and who got a bulk of the garbage being thrown, IT. Seems his defense left alot to be desired and said he was worse than Kyrie. This is just the beginning. They are letting the management know they want action before the trade deadline. Can IT be packaged before the end of the year? I would assume, yes. I know Thompson is on the block. Doc will trade for him and give up Jordan if the Brooklyn pick is included. Other players would have to be involved.

Interesting. Charles Barkley, are you watching?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Cleveland is definitely imploding. It's been fun watching them unravel while waiting for the next Celtics game.

I.T. makes them much worse on defense. A trade with the Clippers for Jordan sounds like reasonable speculation. Maybe Cleveland should try a dinosaur center. They can't do nothing. LeBron is holding that team hostage. I feel bad for Cleveland fans. I feel bad for Isaiah. He's complaining that they never practice. He is the opposite of Iverson's you're talking about practice.

Isaiah's a decent player. I hope he heals. He should recognise that a guy who does what he does is only worth so much. Same with Smart. The grass is not always greener. I respect players who give home town discounts. I know it works both ways, but it'd be nice to go on a nice stretch of years not always worrying about who stays and who goes due to money.

It's remarkable to be 34-10 with so much turnover. Poor Isaiah. I will always love that dude. He had some great years and made the C's relevant leading to Horford and today. I doubt I.T. was who Lue was referring to. I.T. is a bit of a diva in the Paul Pierce way. Isaiah bled green. I'll never forget that.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 pm

8-21 is not bad at all for someone who is just getting back into playing shape. Isn't that better than Kyrie did tonight? And IT made some decent passes, 4 of which resulted in assists. Yes his defense is pathetic, but who didn't know that? Still I love the guy, and I am thrilled we traded him for Kyrie.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

worcester wrote:8-21 is not bad at all for someone who is just getting back into playing shape. Isn't that better than Kyrie did tonight?  And IT made some decent passes, 4 of which resulted in assists. Yes his defense is pathetic, but who didn't know that? Still I love the guy, and I am thrilled we traded him for Kyrie.

I suppose if you look at it that way...yes it was better than Kyrie's 8-24 performance.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Still happy we have Kyrie. By a long 3 point shot.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down