+3
bobheckler
Hoopdeedoo
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Go down

NO HOME COURT THIS YEAR Empty NO HOME COURT THIS YEAR

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 12, 2010 11:47 am

I continue to stand by my view that, although it's always tough to make accurate predictions, this year is tougher than most. Especially with this Celtic team. I admit, I have no clue who is going to win game 6. The one thing I'm pretty confident in is that there is NO correlation between what building the Celtics are playing in and whether they win or not. It doesn't seem to matter to this team where they are playing. They have the ability to beat the crap out of any team in that team's building and turn around and get beaten up in TD. I'm not sure what this says about the future but since they don't enjoy home court this year, it is a hopeful sign. I think this team could go beat up the Lakers, Cleveland, Orlando and Pheonix on the road and then come home and lose badly to all four at home. Whatever their fate is this year, it will have nothing to do with where it happens. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

NO HOME COURT THIS YEAR Empty Re: NO HOME COURT THIS YEAR

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Tough to predict for sure. The regular season sure had it's ebbs and flows. I think it is the combination of injuries to our aging stars and the loss of momentum due to that and the non urgency to win every nite in a long season. Who knows if the road wins convinced the players that they could turn it on or off at will was a factor. I do know that we are healthier and have been playing together lately with the exception of the unexplained bomb in game 3. I don't usually make predictions but I like our chances on getting one win out of two. I don't care where it happens.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 12, 2010 12:20 pm

We're 2-1 in Cleveland. We had a better winning record on the road than at home during the regular season.

Home Court? We don't need no stinking homecourt!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Celtics have lost ONE GAME at home in the playoffs....so clearly home court has served them well.

They will not lose on Thursday - there is NO WAY that KG and Pierce allow this to get back to Cleveland.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed May 12, 2010 12:44 pm

How many hours until game time? The gahden is rockin, the fans are wetting themselves, and the team silently goes about to prove they are ready, willing and able to handle all the Cavs have to bring.

Kleen,

I like your optimism.

Bob,

Home team SCHMOME Team. We are the better TEAM!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 pm

KG is gonna be fueled by that interview with Russell.

I am not saying they wont lose but they will fight.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 am

Okay, it's true...I don't have the basketball knowledge of a lot of people on this board....it's a distinguished board, no doubt. But I'm telling anyone who will listen, throw the book out this year...as far as home court advantage goes for the C's...They don't have one....and on the flip side, they don't need one. This team could lose the next three at home and go back down to Orlando and take the last two...No I'm not kidding, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Then they could turn around and win all 4 of their games in LA and lose all three at home. Not saying it will happen, but I'm saying it's that kind of team...Home court, away, for this team, meaningless....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed May 19, 2010 1:26 am

5 road wins already and we haven't even concluded the Eastern Conference Finals.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am

steve3344 wrote:5 road wins already and we haven't even concluded the Eastern Conference Finals.

It almost makes you want to hide the keys to the TD Banknorth Garden.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 am

NYCelt wrote:
steve3344 wrote:5 road wins already and we haven't even concluded the Eastern Conference Finals.

It almost makes you want to hide the keys to the TD Banknorth Garden.
LOL....Can we just play all the games in ORL ?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:25 pm

No team has ever lost game 3 in the newer format 2-3-2 and gone on to win the series....I'm going to go out on a limb and say the past has no bearing on this series...If the C's lose tonight it won't mean anything as per their chances...
Home court ...out the window....
Previous history....out the window....
I just think either of these teams could win anywhere, anytime....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

LA,

These two teams really don't need the homecourt. I look for the lakers to come out with their hair on fire and make these three home games for the C's a real test of ability and mental toughness. I hope for the C's to take 2 of 3 and go back to LA and get one there. I don't care which one. I just don't see four straight for our boys.

I agree with you. I think all those stat lines are for the media to prognosticate and build drama for the fans. Look at what's going on for the Flyers this year. Do they care about the probability of winning when down even 3-0. Home or not?

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down