Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true'

2 posters

Go down

Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true' Empty Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true'

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true'

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By A. Sherrod Blakely January 26, 2018 8:20 PM

SAN FRANCISCO – Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving said the report that alleges he told the Cleveland Cavs that he would have surgery on his left knee and miss all of the season if they did not trade him, is untrue.

“it’s kind of crazy, the amount of things that are still coming out, that are still trying to be relevant,” Irving told reporters following Boston’s practice at the University of San Francisco. “I guess that’s part of being in the NBA and all the media scrutiny and everything that goes with it. I’m just ready to move on. It’s not true.”

Irving suffered a dislocated left knee cap injury in 2015, and has had some soreness-related issues with the knee this season but nothing severe enough to keep him from not playing.

The report also indicated that Irving would have surgery in the offseason to help ease some of the soreness that the five-time all-star was experiencing.

When asked about whether he was having work done in the offseason on the knee, Irving wasn’t nearly as definitive in shooting that down.

“It sounds like a HIPAA violation,” Irving said. “That’s what it sounds like to me.”

Irving, who was recently named to the All-Star team for the fifth time, is leading the Celtics in scoring at 24.5 points per game which ranks 12th in the NBA.

Back to top Go down

Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true' Empty Re: Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true'

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pm

I am getting concerned about his left knee. Every game when sitting they are working on that knee and icing it down.

I hope he can last through the playoffs!

Back to top Go down

Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true' Empty Re: Irving: Reports of threatening way out of Cleveland 'not true'

Post by gyso Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:47 am

Who reviews these articles before publishing them? (I'm not talking about you, 112288. I'm talking about folks in the media).

" . . . nothing severe enough to keep him from not playing."

"Not" does not belong in that sentence. Rolling Eyes

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down