NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion

+2
dboss
6 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion  Empty NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 am

NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion

NESN by Darren Hartwell on Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:11AM

Kyrie Irving and the Boston Celtics may have a decision to make Thursday. Irving will get a second opinion on his sore left knee Thursday, Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald reported Wednesday night, citing a league source.

That’s not exactly breaking news, as the Celtics star was expected to miss the team’s upcoming road trip to take care of a nagging knee ailment that has sidelined him since March 11. But Bulpett added interesting context about the importance of Irving’s upcoming visit. Bulpett essentially is saying this: If it’s determined that Irving needs surgery, he may opt to have the procedure done soon — possibly before the end of the Celtics’ season — rather than wait until the offseason and put his status for the 2018-19 season in jeopardy.

FOX Sports 1’s Chris Broussard reported a similar story Wednesday night, hinting that Boston may decide to shut Irving down for the playoffs rather than have him push through a knee injury during a postseason run. As Bulpett notes, the C’s already are dealing with several other injuries — Gordon Hayward and Daniel Theis both are (likely) done for the year, while Marcus Smart wouldn’t be available until at least the second round — so they could opt to wave their version of a white flag, resting Irving to shift the focus to next season.

Of course, much still hinges on the results of Thursday’s meeting. Irving reportedly has no structural damage in his left knee, and the C’s still are hopeful the All-Star guard will be ready for the playoffs, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. We may gain further clarity on that hope over the next several hours.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion  Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion

Post by dboss Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

Get the surgery if needed.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion  Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Opt For Knee Procedure After Second Opinion

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:25 am

waste of column inches.

He is going to have a 2nd opinion on his knee, he has not had one yet (at least not as of the publication date of this article). Saying he may have surgery depending upon the results of the 2nd opinion is like saying "I'm not feeling well and my doctor is advising more tests being done and, depending upon how it comes out, I may have to have surgery or some other corrective procedure/medication". Uh, right. And if it's just the flu and not malaria you probably won't...

He's having it today. We'll know tomorrow.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:24 pm

I...And i it turns out Kyrie is pregnant, he will have to wait until after the delivery before resuming play.

A really stupid rumor.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:58 pm

worcester wrote:I...And i it turns out Kyrie is pregnant, he will have to wait until after the delivery before resuming play.

A really stupid rumor.

Laughing
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:49 pm

I am so tired of the wannabee doctors making decisions about things they have no idea about.

Today I read on the Celtics Blog that the Celtics should shut it down if Kyrie has to have surgery.

Then that Idiot Tony Massarotti. Felgers buddy, came out say that he heard from "inside sources on the Celtics that they wanted him to stop playing" period.

How many people believe these reports? Even Broussard had comments about the issue, of course all negative.

Whatever is decided will be in the best interest of Kyrie, not the team. He is 25 years old, do we want to ruin his leg? But, this is a decision we will have to wait to find out.

It is tiring listening to all of the retoric , but Worcester you had me laughing from the second I read your post. This is how silly all of this has become
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Irving will be doing what is best for Irving, period end of story. His next contract will be the longest and biggest of his career and he is not going to mess that up............meaning, he will play lights out next year to get it.

However, he needs to play a full season to achieve that...........otherwise it could affect his MAX DEAL!

Odds are he probably will be shut down ....have the operation and rehab all summer. I know enough and have friendships who are orthopedic doctors who are telling me it probably ligament or tendon problems mixed in with bone spurs causing inflammation. It is a clean-up job since they did say there was no structural damage.

I say go for it...........rehab...........let Danny tweak the line-up with some trades and free agents ............Hayward and Theis will be back and LET'S GO to training camp at the end of the summer ready for #18!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down