mulcogiseng
wideclyde
bobheckler
Shamrock1000
kdp59
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My thoughts on the next series - Page 3 Empty Re: My thoughts on the next series

Post by bobheckler Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Adam Himmelsbach
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown on LeBron: “You’ve got to make him work on both sides of the ball. Usually he’s guarding the least offensive threat on the floor, so if he’s guarding me, I’m going to make him pay.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on the next series - Page 3 Empty Re: My thoughts on the next series

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm

See the interview tonight with James? Says he is getting tired of hearing about Gordon Hayward missing from this team, he only played five minutes.

And they wonder why people can't stand him

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Who knows, maybe in 2 weeks Lebron will be tired of hearing about why the Cavs are not in the Finals this year.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:See the interview tonight with James?  Says he is getting tired of hearing about Gordon Hayward missing from this team, he only played five minutes.

Rosie

That helps to explains your hatred for him as a person - but I'm interested in your evaluation of him as a basketball player - especially as it relates to Russell.
As you know - there are probably only a hand full of seniors on this board who were adults when Russ and Wilt were the talk of the town. What's your take on a comparison between the two?

swish

Last edited by swish on Sat May 12, 2018 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wilt changed to Russell plus thoughts about a Wilt-Russ comparison.)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:See the interview tonight with James?  Says he is getting tired of hearing about Gordon Hayward missing from this team, he only played five minutes.

Rosalie,

I guess I get that much. I'd agree, and say we haven't missed him at all. How could we?

On the having had enough of James part...yeah, I'm with you. Among the best ever, OK, sure. Still...enough, already.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 pm

NYCelt wrote:

Rosalie,

I guess I get that much. I'd agree, and say we haven't missed him at all. How could we?

On the having had enough of James part...yeah, I'm with you. Among the best ever, OK, sure. Still...enough, already.

Regards

+2
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun May 13, 2018 8:25 am

well now, LeBron HAS been missing Irving all year also.....LOL!!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
The Celtics playoff "X Factor"?

Not hard to find.

My thoughts on the next series - Page 3 DdGJW2EX0AAoBml

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 am

alright...now lets get this second game down and make my prediction a moot point!!

LeBron will be on his A+ game Tuesday night, I hope we match their physicality and game, if we do we can take this series.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am

kdp59 wrote:alright...now lets get this second game down and make my prediction a moot point!!

LeBron will be on his A+ game Tuesday night, I hope we match their physicality and game, if we do we can take this series.

kdp,

I'm certain you're right. It will be a possible key turning point for sure.

I expect Cleveland's plan to include bombs away with plenty of 3s. Their 3 point shooting has to improve over last night.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 am

That is only if the Celtic defense will allow them to launch those bombs. They have to be better at guarding against the three Tuesday. Cleveland missed a ton of shots that normally would have gone in. Is is because they were THAT BAD, or we the Celtics THAT GOOD???

Gotta give Morris his due, he played a great two way game yesterday, guarding LeBron, and having his shot finally go in. Of course, he had alot of help on the defensive side, when he blew it, someone was there to pick up his slack.

I don't care what LeQueen says in his postgame remarks, he HATED losing to the Celtics yesterday.
Keep talking LeQueen, all you are doing is lighting the fire under the skin of these young players who are loosey goosey right now,

This series is far from over But it sure felt good to have the team all show up at the same time for this one, This was a TEAM Tommy award
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

Rosalie, did you actually see the interview? I saw those headlines too, and and of course they pissed me off. However, I did a little digging, and it looks to me like those comments were taken out of context. If you read the copy, the whole statement is really praising Stevens, i.e. why focus on the job he has done without Kyrie and Hayward when he has always done an amazing job with whatever personel he has. He also seems to be suggesting that focusing on the loss of Kyrie and Hayward does a disservice to the players who are out there playing great ball and winning games.

I don't hate Lebron like many do, but I really have no desire to defend him. However, its important to evaluate these things in the proper context. I don't see any disrespect to Brad or Gordon. Below is the text from the interview:

https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-lebron-james-believes-brad-stevens-hype-has-been-overblown-this-season/

LeBron James apparently believes too much is being made of Brad Stevens’ impact on the Boston Celtics this season. And you know what? He’s not wrong. James and the Cleveland Cavaliers will begin their Eastern Conference Finals matcup with the Celtics on Sunday afternoon. Much of the talk surrounding the series has centered around how Boston and Stevens, its cerebral head coach, will contain James, who perhaps is playing better than he ever has. Stevens has been given enormous credit — and rightfully so — for leading the undermanned Celtics this far in the playoffs. But focusing too much on the absences of Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward distracts from the truth: Stevens always has gotten the most out of what he’s had to work with, and this season is just another example. While speaking to the media Friday afternoon, James explained why the Stevens hype has been blown out of proportion this season. “I think they are one of the most well-coached teams in our league,” he said. “Obviously, you know what I’ve said about Brad Stevens before and his ability to get the most out of his guys, how great they are out of timeouts, late-clock situations as well, no matter who is on the floor or no matter who has played for them. He can put guys in position to succeed and get the most out of whoever has been in their lineup over the past few years, it’s not just this year. “I think it has been a little bit overblown this year because of the names that has been out. Obviously, with Kyrie and Gordon and the injuries with those two big guys, but he has gotten the most out of everybody he has ever put in his position since he’s gotten to Boston.” Some might look at James’ comments and immediately suggest he was insulting Stevens. But the truth is “The King” simply was making the case that Stevens has deserved this type of praise all along. One thing James truly doesn’t agree with, however, is the narrative surrounding how the Celtics have played without Hayward. “A lot of people are saying, ‘How can they succeed like this without Gordon Hayward?’ I’ve heard that,” James said. “He’s been out since the first quarter of Game 1, so it’s like do we even know who they would have (become)? He’s not even like been on the team. So we can talk from like potential, but he’s been out since the first quarter of Game 1 in Cleveland. “I get it with the Kyrie thing. He was obviously a teammate of mine for three years, and I know what he’s capable of doing, but they got guys that’s damn good no matter if they are young or not, they know how to play basketball and their coach has put them in position to succeed.” James also went on to speak about not just the history of the Celtics, but also the significance of Boston sports as a whole. At the end of the day, the Celtics, as they’ve done all playoffs, will have to devise a gameplan that best suits the players they have available. We’ll find out what Stevens has been brewing when Game 1 tips off Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-lebron-james-believes-brad-stevens-hype-has-been-overblown-this-season/

And here are his comments about Boston sports:

https://nesn.com/2018/05/cavs-lebron-james-raves-about-rich-history-of-celtics-boston-sports/

To those who live in New England, the vast success of Boston-area sports teams simply is understood. And while it often is understood on a more national level, as well, often times those who don’t take too kindly to Boston sports are reticent to admit it its triumphs. However, it seems as though the sports success that has rooted itself in Boston is not lost on Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James. The Cavs are set to take on the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals, with Game 1 tipping off Sunday, and The King was asked Friday about playing in Boston. James shared a pretty thoughtful response about the Celtics and other Boston-area teams. “Just the history, you look up in the rafters, and you see all the greats that’s either played there or the previous arena they played in,” James said, via ESPN. “It’s a sports town, you look at the Patriots, you look at the Bruins, you look at the Red Sox. You add them, look at all that history. It’s just a sports town. If you’re not green, they don’t really, they don’t mess with you.” Well put. And while Bostonians may appreciate what James had to say Friday, we’re pretty sure they won’t take too kindly to him beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoon.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/cavs-lebron-james-raves-about-rich-history-of-celtics-boston-sports/

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 am

NY Celt, you were right in saying that alot of what was put on the news were just clips of certain statements, so I will agree with you there. I guess it is just that I am not a fan of his, although I respect totally what he has done, year in and year out, in basketball. He has a massive ego that just comes across the wrong way. But, then again, so didn't KG, who we all loved from day one.

I guess my defense of Brad comes from listening to the players day in and day out, praising their coach for putting them in the spot they are in. I wonder, would a guy like James ever be able to work with a coach like Stevens. He has been a coach killer in so many ways, except for Miami where Spolstra ran a tight ship and the players followed his lead.

So, I will take back my criticism, for now!!!! He will never be my favorite player. Praise for his fellow teammates would go a long way in endearing him to fellow players and teammates
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 am

Shamrock,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to set the record straight on those comments.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 am

Rosalie,

Understood.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon May 14, 2018 11:17 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:NY Celt, you were right in saying that alot of what was put on the news were just clips of certain statements, so I will agree with you there. I guess it is just that I am not a fan of his, although I respect totally what he has done, year in and year out, in basketball.  He has a massive ego that just comes across the wrong way. But, then again, so didn't KG, who we all loved from day one.  

I guess my defense of Brad comes from listening to the players day in and day out, praising their coach for putting them in the spot they are in.  I wonder, would a guy like James ever be able to work with a coach like Stevens.  He has been a coach killer in so many ways, except for Miami where Spolstra ran a tight ship and the players followed his lead.

So, I will take back my criticism, for now!!!!  He will never be my favorite player.  Praise for his fellow teammates would go a long way in endearing him to fellow players and teammates

Ha ha - no need to retract your criticism. 'Hating' opposing players is part of the fun of being a sports fan. I just get tired of the useless sychophantic parasitic writers who try and make a story out of nothing.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

we won BOTH first games!!

my prediction was dead WRONG

I could not be happier...now go to Cleveland and tear out their hearts, second half last night the Cav's looked like a collection of players (not a team)who were beaten (think Toronto).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Were you able to watch the whole game or did nerves take over??? Ha Ha

I enjoyed that second half so much, to tell you the truth, I wanted someone to come on to the court and knock JR Smith's teeth out of his mouth. His day is coming. Today I read where he thinks he is the second best scorer on the Cav's!!! Where was he last night?
1 for whatever it was, 10 or more. He deserved a Flagrant 2 for that foul on Al, there is not doubt he wanted to hurt him. You do not hit a guy in the air like that, he is defenseless. Even Maxwell, on the radio, who has had his share of fisticuffs with opposing players, said that he deserved to be thrown out. Of course not, then he might have been suspended.

Where is the league and their big mouths about missed
calls and wrong calls. Oh, I forgot, that was only for the final 2 minutes. What a joke it all is.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am

Just saying, but if we take out Cleveland in this series, you will start to hear talk about LeBron wanting to come to Boston to finish his career (and add a few more rings).

I heard it two places briefly (as an aside) on sportalk radio yesterday.

I am NOT saying it is going to happen or that either LeBron or Ainge would do it. However a sign and trade could be made is both sides want to do it.

so watch for that talk to happen soon.

IF it ever happened it would surely make many Celtic fans swallow hard I would think.

you heard it here second!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am

Definitely positively no way ever gonna happen

Real fake news

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Kiss Kyrie goodbye then. He walked away from LeBron so that he could have his own team. So, sign and trade, who would these rumor mongers suggest going to Cleveland, Brown and Tatum, and picks. Kyrie?? Gordon??

You are right, fake news. He is coming no where near Boston, we do not need him and I think for the most part, Celtic fans would not want him. Talk about changing the culture of your ball club.

Uh........NO
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Rosalie,

sorry to make your morning unpleasant.

I am the rumor monger i am afraid. Like I said I heard it form two sports talk guys yesterday , as asides. not as talking points at all.

I was just throwing it out there and I do think we will hear more of this.

on another thread I fleshed out how it could happen, jest is

LeBron tells Cleveland he will opt out unless they agree to a trade to one of the teams he list for them

he gets permission to talk and Ainge sees a way to take down GS and bring multiple rings back to Boston.

LeBron agree to opt in for next year at his $35M salary AND sign a two years extension for Boston

Ainge Sends Hayward ($31M) and Morris ($5M) along with a couple later first to Cleveland to make the deal.

Cleveland gets two starters to replace LeBron and kick start their rebuild, instead of nothing

Boston has the same cap room as today

and can field a team of:

Horford
LeBron
Tatum
Brown
Irving
Smart- resign
Rozier
Baynes _resign
Theis
Semi
Larkin
Nader
Yabusele
#27 pick in draft
Minimum wage vet

again all conjecture on my part right now. But don't think for a minute that Ainge wouldn't consider it, IF there is a chance.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 pm

kdp59 wrote:Rosalie,

sorry to make your morning unpleasant.

I am the rumor monger i am afraid. Like I said I heard it form two sports talk guys yesterday , as asides. not as talking points at all.

I was just throwing it out there and I do think we will hear more of this.

on another thread I fleshed out how it could happen, jest is

LeBron tells Cleveland he will opt out unless they agree to a trade to one of the teams he list for them

he gets permission to talk and Ainge sees a way to take down GS and bring multiple rings back to Boston.

LeBron agree to opt in for next year at his $35M salary AND sign a two years extension for Boston

Ainge Sends Hayward ($31M) and Morris ($5M) along with a couple later first to Cleveland to make the deal.

Cleveland gets two starters to replace LeBron and kick start their rebuild, instead of nothing

Boston has the same cap room as today

and can field a team of:

Horford
LeBron
Tatum
Brown
Irving
Smart- resign
Rozier
Baynes _resign
Theis
Semi
Larkin
Nader
Yabusele
#27 pick in draft
Minimum wage vet

again all conjecture on my part right now. But don't think for a minute that Ainge wouldn't consider it, IF there is a chance.

On paper, that team would destroy the entire league. Unfortunately, talent is not simply additive in the NBA. There is only one basketball and limited minutes. Then there is team chemistry and style of play. Also, I would think it is impossible after Kyrie fled the Cavs to get out from under Lebron's shadow - can't imaging either is high on playing with the other. But on paper, that team might go undefeated through the regular season and the playoffs.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3