BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1

+3
sinus007
bobheckler
dbrown4
7 posters

Go down

BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1 Empty BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 20, 2010 10:35 am

I saw this on ESPN this AM. I almost forgot about it. It almost went by the wayside. The fact that this was reviewed and it was even considered that Howard might sit Game 3 should counteract ORL gaining any momentum going into the Garden and trump the PP Broom bs. Celtics are still business as usual and could care less. They want Howard on that wall! They need Howard on that wall!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1 Empty Re: BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 am

dbrown,

Don't you think you should wait until we start playing the Lakers before you start channeling Jack Nicholson?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1 Empty Re: BTW, What's the deal with Howard and Flagrant 1

Post by sinus007 Thu May 20, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,
As you probably know, there are rules in the NBA and there're rules for the stars. On top of that with the current status of the series, the suspension would kill last rays of hope for Orl. Also, consider just for a moment if 'Sheed or Perk did it....
IMHO, it should've been flagrant 2 because there was apparent intent plus there's very high probability of injury as a result of the hit and fall.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 11:54 am

It probably won't be a flagrant 2 because was not in the air when Howard dumped him (so not as intrinsically dangerous).

Plus, there's the superstar factor. You don't suspend a "difference" player, you suspend role players who endanger "difference" players.

There was no doubt about intent, though. Howard dropped him, and then just looked at the ref like "yeah, so what?" and made no attempt to catch Pierce as he fell or anything. It was NOT just a hard foul, it was intentional.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 20, 2010 12:18 pm

The hit was on Pierces face no where near the ball,make on mistake if that was Sheed or Perk that would easily be a flagrant 2.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Never seen a fella smile so much ...celts dont seem to be smiling til AFTER the game
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Here's a link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5202118&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 pm

gyso wrote:Here's a link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5202118&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

gyso,

What a shock. They're not suspending the Magic's superstar even after hitting someone in the head and showing zero remorse.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm

that was a wicked blow which also involved the neck. Scary. I dont think Howard was trying to hurt paul though cause I dont think he is wired like that.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm

jeb65 wrote:that was a wicked blow which also involved the neck. Scary. I dont think Howard was trying to hurt paul though cause I dont think he is wired like that.

jeb,

I don't think he was trying to hurt Paul, but I don't think he really gave a shit either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm

That's all I'm thinking that the Celtics will easily win Game 3 with part of that being the motivation. I'll call for it again, Celtics win Game 3 by 20+. almost got it in both games. Just couldn't hold the lead. I wish we were privy to those reviews. I'm sure it's exactly as you are saying. Can't suspend the superstar. I'd be amazed if ORL can get over that enough to even come close to winning Sat or Monday. Their conscious will get to them. It has to. They know this one is over. Celtics will hammer this home Saturday. What would be great if we see ORL on Saturday have Howard get 30 points, 20 Rebounds, Magic shoot 15-20 from three and still lose by 20. Now THAT would be the coup de gras. And guess what? I'm pretty sure PP has reviewed that play and is super motivated to score 80 with 14 rebounds, 13 assists and 5 steals Saturday because of it.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Double standard. They didn't mind making KG sit in the Miami series and he really didn't do anything compared to this jerk. Notice how he is just walking up and down the floor, always joking and laughing. Lewis got really ticked at him at the end of the game and walking him off the court. You would think he was winning by 20! There is alot of growing up to be done here. But, the NBA is the culprit, they should have sat him and made him be the heavy for his team.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Perk is whipping him with force of will and a mean streak. Howard has all the gifts but wont work. He should spend a summer with McHale.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down