gyso
jrleftfoot
Shamrock1000
pete
bobc33
NYCelt
18 posters

Go down

Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's Empty Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's

Post by NYCelt Sat May 19, 2018 2:19 pm

From time to time, the special energy it takes from admins and mods to keep this group running needs to be recognized. No special schedule for it; this is one of those times.

If you go over to the Game On! thread, and check the two playoff stickies, you're seeing more of the incredible work gyso puts into this forum. The Game On! itself, posted for every single game, and the detailed summaries that appear there, take constant attention and time. This is someone who works a demanding career, and still makes the time to be sure others have an enjoyable experience here. One of the forum's admins and co-founders, he never has questioned, complained about, or even discussed the workload. He just simply does it.

Pete, one of the three admins and co-founders of this forum, is checking in every day, to help ensure that when we attempt to log in, we actually find a forum. You, may not hear as often from this man of few, well chosen words, but he's here. Always.

Ever notice the number of threads and creative topics started by BobH? The King of Content, without question. Forget number of posts. Like gyso, we should be able to mention hours spent. If there's a lull in the action, he never fails to step up and start a meaningful discussion. It takes a high level of attention to put in the amount of time it takes to be sure a couple of hundred others have fresh thoughts to ponder.

How about those quick Post Game Threads? 112288 gets those going when he's got a million other things to do in an outrageously busy career and home life. Something that should be known, and I'm taking a leap of faith here with hopes he's OK with this, is that he managed to do this task all winter while nursing his critically ill wife back to health. There was a point when a lot of medical science and prayer was going into her very survival from an unexpected illness. Our friend, constantly helping his wife back to health, still made time to help keep the ship rolling here. Thankfully, she is doing well.

And, of course, dboss. Another high volume writer of thoughtful posts. He's such a strong contributor and critical cog in this enterprise, that he even brought his son, KJ, into the fold. When changes in roles needed to be made to keep the forum moving forward back in 2015, dboss volunteered that he would become more active. More active would be an understatement. He's been ever-present ever since.

No doubt, without their efforts, there would be no Sam's.

So here we are, enjoying a playoff run many never expected to see. But for fans who are also members of this forum, we're doubly blessed to have not only the efforts on the court, but the work done here online, to make the experience even more thrilling.

Finally, every contributing member here is part of this celebration of the team and sport. Day in and day out, that's why this forum is such a special place to be a fan; the special members of Sam's Celtics Forum.

Let's continue to enjoy the playoff run!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's Empty Re: Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's

Post by bobc33 Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Thank you all for making this a special place. While I may peruse other sites to hear about the Celtics and the NBA, it is this site that matters the most to me.

Well done to all who make it happen!

Back to top Go down

Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's Empty Re: Our All-Stars & the good fortune to be part of Sam's

Post by pete Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 pm

NY Celt,

Thank you for the kind words.

You are always the voice of reason when it comes to major decisions that need to be made, and your communication skills are second to none! Since I do not follow the college game, I rely on your input when it comes to draft time.

gyso, nothing more needs to be said about his contributions here,  but more importantly, it is fun and rewarding to work with both of you.

And to all the members, thank you, as I learn more about the game and Celtics history everyday.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat May 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Great post, and a perfect time to ackowledge all of those who keep this excellent boaed humming.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat May 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Many thanks. This is a great place to be a virtual part of.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat May 19, 2018 3:18 pm

NYCelt,

Thanks for the nod.  I cannot take credit for 100% success in the Game On! thread creation.  This season, Rosalie helped me out and started out a thread when the networks changed the game start time from late evening to mid-afternoon.  Last season, it was BobC who stepped up to the plate when I forgot to start the thread during the pre-season.  They both are a big part of what makes this a great place!

You forgot to mention yourself and that is understandable, you are never one to toot your own horn.  I guess I'll take a stab at that.

NYCelt has pretty much taken up one of the many tasks that Sam undertook, which is communicating with our members whenever an issue comes up, via Private Messages or directly in a thread.  He handles most of the member complaints, conviviality issues, etc.  As Pete says, his communication skills are second to none!  Talk about someone who has a demanding career, he has that going on as well as his many coaching and mentoring duties for our next generation of sports fans.

So in conclusion, I would like to give every member here thanks for helping to keep this place consistent with Sam's original intent.  He would be proud as to how we all participate to make this forum the place for guaranteed convivial chats on all things Celtic and Basketball!!

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm

everyone above

+1

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat May 19, 2018 4:35 pm

thank you all for the hard work!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat May 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Thank you all, administrators and posters, for this oasis on the Internet. Half the time, I don't sign in or write, but always check to see what's happening, who's thinking what. I've been a fan since Cousy's second-to-last year - sneaking a crystal radio into bed, listening to Johhny Most at night when my parents thought I was asleep. Those were golden days - the age of Russell when the good guys were bound to win - and this year, sharing this gritty team with fans who know the game, they're here again. Go Celtics! Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Sat May 19, 2018 5:32 pm

beat wrote:everyone above

+1

beat

+2

It is a joy to be a part of this forum. Thanks and appreciation to all who maintain it and to all for making it an invaluable venue where one can exchange and pick up on opinions, ideas, and information concerning basketball and the Celtics. Most important, you make it a cordial and enjoyable forum to visit. I'm sure that Sam would be happy with the successful evolution of this forum as he left in good hands.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat May 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank you so much to all those who keep my favorite web site up an running. You bring Celtic joy to many of us.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sat May 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks guys for the hard work, sacrifices, and labor of love that so many have put in to make this forum what it is. I firmly believe that there is not another forum or message board devoted to a team or sport that can even come close, much less equal, the quality, passion, intelligence, knowledge,camaraderie, and dedication that the admins and members have here. Thanks Sam and thanks fellow members for making this place so special and for enhancing even more the pleasure of being a Celtic fan.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 19, 2018 7:07 pm

worcester wrote:Thank you so much to all those who keep my favorite web site up an running. You bring Celtic joy to many of us.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Kudos all around!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat May 19, 2018 8:27 pm

NYCelt

Thank you.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Thanx to all and a special shout out to gyso for making sure NYCelt got his due. It's reassuring to know that when I need my fix all I have to do is click my heels three times say there's no place like home and here I am at Sam's Celtics Forum. thanx Dick, this is only one of your legacies.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 20, 2018 2:03 pm

From the first day of our Forum, I have talked to hundreds of people. Everyone from my young adulthood to the present. They always ask if I am still a die hard Celtics fan and, even in the dark times, I proudly have worn my heart on my sleeve. I then tell people about this wonderful place I come daily, to chat with people I have never personally met, or the few that I have. I talk about our wonderful leader no longer with us, Sam, and brag about each and every one of you.

This is a place where I escape, to just talk incessantly about the Celtics with the same people daily. I have told you all many times how much I appreciate all of you. People joke with me about being the only woman on line with ? many men!! Then they laugh and say
that they are sure I keep you all amused.

Anyway, I have said it many times but it is worth repeating, Thank you all, Gyso, NYCelt, Pete, 112288, and of course, my good friend Bob H, who answers every stupid question I ask. And, even though he was not mentioned, dboss, who is always here with encouraging words about the Celtis. I love you all.

Now, let's put that awful game from last night behind us and try to take the game tomorrow night. If not and we don't get past Cleveland, what a hell of a year they have given us huh?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Ive been on many sites in the past 5 years but once I discovered this forum I’ve not participated in any others.
The hard work put in is apparent even to those that know nothing about developing a site and managing it on a daily basis.
Don’t have any Celtics fans that I can sit and watch a game with and I damn sure will not watch a game with anyone other than a Celtic fan.
Here, I feel like I am in the same room with everyone watching and enjoying the game. Even when I get nervous and have trouble watching, I don’t peek at the score updates on NBA.com or any site like it. I check in with this forum and in seconds I know how my team is doing.
This is the best! Thanks all of you for your hard work, friendly conversations and insite.
Go C’s!!!!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down