Would you trade Kyrie Irving for Anthony Davis now or try to unite them this summer?

+7
bobheckler
Shamrock1000
gyso
dboss
kdp59
worcester
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you trade Kyrie Irving for Anthony Davis now or try to unite them this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you trade Kyrie Irving for Anthony Davis now or try to unite them this summer?

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm

dBoss,

I will turn your questions around and ask you the opposite. Have you read anywhere "today" AD wants to stay in NO and is very happy, and that NO does not want to trade AD?  I do mean "today", not 2 months ago. The answer is NO. Despite some false rumors reported in the media, most of these inside tips/rumors are pretty spot on..............have we not forgotten the Doc Rivers rumor to LAC by Smith on ESPN............turns out there was smoke and a real fire.  

Besides, if you really want to move on and not piss off your current team by embarrassing them and perhaps have to stay there for 2 more years, you have a cordial breakup by keeping quiet and playing the good guy and allowing to get good value for you in return....remember they are paying you BIG BUCKS.  Or you can be an ass and make it public like many players do.

Let us see what plays out.

Do I want him..........yes!..............If he goes to LAL or NYK we lose big time!

Back to top Go down

Would you trade Kyrie Irving for Anthony Davis now or try to unite them this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you trade Kyrie Irving for Anthony Davis now or try to unite them this summer?

Post by swish Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm

If Davis were to become available in a trade you could expect that the asking price would be extremely high. Just how many players with his credentials (young, outstanding scorer, big time rebounder and shot blocker ) all capped off by being named all pro 3 times, all pro defense 3 times, 3 time block champ and 1 time MVP. Not too many players of that caliber are ever traded.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 pm

No I have not heard AD say today that he wants to stay in NO and I have not heard NOLA say today that they want to trade him.

Are they supposed to come out everyday and state the obvious?

As far as rumors being true or false you have nothing at all to support your contention that "most of these inside tips/rumors are pretty spot on"  

The Celtics do not lose if they do not get him.  You make it sound like a do or die situation for Boston.  It is not a dire situation.  

I do agree with...Let us see what plays out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:58 pm

swish wrote:If Davis were to become available in a trade you could expect that the asking price would be extremely high. Just how many players with his credentials (young, outstanding scorer, big time rebounder and shot blocker ) all capped off by being named all pro 3 times, all pro defense 3 times, 3 time block champ and 1 time MVP.  Not too many players of that caliber are ever traded.

swish

The assets required to get him would be very steep and few teams other than Boston could come up with those assets.

30 PPG, 14 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 3.3 block shots = Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at 27 before he was traded to LAL.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Hey Swish............how about Boggie Cousins! Hey how about KG from Minny to Boston!

This deal if it happens is just not a 1 player deal one way and multiple players + picks the other. I think multiple teams may be involved ............maybe Irving does not go to NO........perhaps another team.

Again it is all up to what the GM of NO is looking to do to improve his club ....perhaps its long term and not short term and AD is too big of a salary to keep on the books long term and the owner wants to save money. So the value is in the eye of the beholder.

Currently they are out of a playoff spot which means nothing, but teams behind them are within a game or 2 of them.

The NBA Attendance Report - 2019 has NO at the 25th spot out of 30, and 20th in payroll.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 pm

112288 wrote:Hey Swish............how about Boggie Cousins!  Hey how about KG from Minny to Boston!

This deal if it happens is just not a 1 player deal one way and multiple players + picks the other.  I think multiple teams may be involved ............maybe Irving does not go to NO........perhaps another team.

Again it is all up to what the GM of NO is looking to do to improve his club ....perhaps its long term and not short term and AD is too big of a salary to keep on the books long term and the owner wants to save money.  So the value is in the eye of the beholder.

Currently they are out of a playoff spot which means nothing, but teams behind them are within a game or 2 of them.

The NBA Attendance Report - 2019 has NO at the 25th spot out of 30, and 20th in payroll.

Garnett - yes
Cousins - no,,, All pro twice - period

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Really Swish???????????????? Really!

You must be kidding me!

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:03 pm

112288 wrote:Really Swish????????????????  Really!

You must be kidding me!

I wouldn't kid another old timer like you 112288.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 pm

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2