Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls

2 posters

Go down

Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls Empty Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 am

I don't know where this came from, but I want MORE!!  133 points.  Wow.  A Boston Celtic record margin of victory of 56.  It still blows my mind that I was actually calling for them to not let up and go for 60!!  Just crazy.  Can you imagine being a Bulls fan and at that game?

Abby Chin @tvabby
yesterday
Yep. Dick Lipe reporting: This is the #Celtics biggest margin of victory ALL-TIME. Previous high was 51 vs. Phil. Warriors in 1962 … 153-102 Wilt had 30 … 9 Celtics in double figures. That was 5 days and 2 games after Wilt scored 100.

FURTHERMORE:

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
yesterday
Celtics beat Bulls 133-77. The 56-point win ties the NBA record for largest road win in NBA history.

reply retweet like

Regression to the Mean, in a BIG way.  If the right columns are cut off the MOV differentials are: Bucks +9.8, Raptors +8.0, Celtics +7.4.
Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
Very, very quietly...Boston has moved up to 3rd in the @NBA in scoring differential, and Golden State now leads the West.

Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls Dt9ER9gX4AAEv0y

Sean Grande

Verified account

@SeanGrandePBP
Follow Follow @SeanGrandePBP
More
The teams on this list won an average of 63.5 games.
Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls Dt9psXOWkAAkQcC

Game high scorer Jaylen Brown.  When was the last time you heard that?!  He was 8-11 and 3-3 from 3.  When was the last time you heard that?!  He's only been back 2 games, admittedly against inferior opponents, but in those two games he is averaging 22 ppg on 71.4% shooting (15-21) and is 3-5 (60%) from 3.  He is also, get this, 11-14 (84.6%) from the line.  Falling on his tailbone might have been the best thing that has happened to him all season.  If he starts heading south again maybe Baynes could "accidentally" knock him onto his keister again for good luck.

But the game ball has to go to Theis.  Our 3rd string center who has only been averaging 13.3mpg this season, had a career night.  22 points on 8-15 and 2-4 from 3, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks in 32 minutes.  This is the player I saw on the game film I watched a year-and-a-half ago when Danny first signed him and I ran out to youtube to find out who he was, but haven't seen since he came to the NBA.  I've liked his game since he came to Boston, I have wondered why he doesn't play more but I haven't seen this.  Chicago sucks but they do have a legit NBA center in Robin Lopez and Theis flat killed him.  But here's the real cherry on top:  Theis had 5 assists and zero turnovers.  For a player who is not known as a facilitator that is excellent.  Ended the game a +50. I realize that stat is pretty useless for individual games but it sure feels good, and surreal, to say it today. Theis really opened some eyes up around the league last night.  And he's our 3rd stringer.

Yabby has a bad ankle sprain.  That's too bad because I thought he played a good 16 minutes.  The good news is that this definitely moves Robert Williams up a notch on the depth chart, especially if either Horford or Baynes need another game or two off.  I was, quite frankly, surprised he wasn't already with the team last night.

Hayward shot poorly (5 points on 2-9) but he had 5 rebounds and 6 assists with only 1 turnover.

Semi was 5-9 and 3-6 from 3.  Everything was working for almost everybody last night.

The Boston Celtics are now 15th in scoring, up from the high 20s.  Over the last 5 games they have been 5th.  Forget about the MOV if you think this 56 point beat down skews the number too much, points scored are still points scored.  The offense is finally starting to click.  One reason for this might be because we are 9th in fgas/game at a robust 90.5/game.  The difference between us and the high-powered offense of the Milwaukee Bucks is .8fgas/game.  They are in 6th place with 91.3/game.  Pretty damn good, if you ask me.  We are also 7th in 3pt fg%.  So, all the people who are questioning why we take so many 3s, here's your answer.  It's because, compared to our peers, we're pretty good at them, and Hayward is just starting to feel his shot again.  We are, however, still 28th in ftas.  7th in assists/game and 3rd in turnovers/game (that's 3rd fewest turnovers/game, so that's a very good thing!).  We still have the 3rd best defense.

After a tough November we're looking a lot more like what we thought we'd be seeing this season after all.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=AST&dir=-1

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071064

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls Empty Re: Post Massacre Thread vs Bulls

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:10 pm

For those that wanted to give up on the kid, why would you give up on this kind of talent? Thankfully most of us have some patience, including Danny.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down