NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks

+4
KyleCleric
kdp59
mrkleen09
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks Empty NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-celtics-nuggets-interested-221302162.html

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks

NBC Sports Boston 17 hours ago

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks Usatsi_11824910_0

The Cleveland Cavaliers could be among the more active sellers before February's NBA trade deadline, and one player who could be on the move is point guard Alec Burks.

Burks was acquired by the Cavs as part of the trade that sent Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz earlier this month, but he might not be in Cleveland too much longer. The Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets are among the teams interested in Burks, per longtime NBA writer Sam Amico of Amico Hoops.

"6. It's hard to imagine either Rodney Hood or Alec Burks being on the team following the Feb. 7 deadline. Both have smaller, expiring contracts. I've heard Burks is already drawing interest, with the Boston Celtics and injury-plagued Denver Nuggets among the teams mentioned. The Philadelphia 76ers are said to be among those with an interest in Hood."

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Tuesday there's a "decent chance" that Burks and Cavaliers teammate Rodney Hood are moved before the deadline.

Burks doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for the C's. The 27-year-old veteran is averaging 9.3 points but shooting just 33.8 percent from 3-point range and an even more disappointing 38.5 percent from the field.

He's a free agent at the end of the year, so he'd likely only be a rental for any team acquiring him. The Celtics already have enough depth on the wings, even when one or two of them are injured and out of the lineup. Finding playing time for these guys is hard enough for Celtics coach Brad Stevens, so there's not a pressing need for a player like Burks.

Finding a power forward or center, preferably one who can stretch the floor with consistent outside shooting, should be a bigger priority for the Celtics as the trade season ramps up, especially if Al Horford's injury doesn't improve as expected.

The Celtics certainly have enough assets to make a trade if they want, and atop the list of those assets is the potential of four first-round picks in the 2019 NBA Draft.

bob
MY NOTE: ??? I wouldn't understand this unless it is part of something bigger.

27 years old. 6'6", 215#, 6'10" wingspan.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/burksal01.html

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks Empty Re: NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:42 am

Why? They have plenty of guards, and this guys makes 11 million a year for 9 points a game over his career? Makes no sense.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks Empty Re: NBA rumors: Celtics, Nuggets interested in Cavs guard Alec Burks

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 am

like the article says a PF makes more sense IF Danny is looking to add a player.

one could argue that this team is starting to play up to its potential however.

and while cutting Bird and replacing him with someone else could make sense for the playoff run. if I were to send one of those draft picks for a player, it would NOT be for a rest of the year rental.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 pm

I could see us signing him if cut. I don’t see us trading for him.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Trade season begins tomorrow I think.

I could start another thread...Will the Celtics Make A Trade

....on second thought, nevermind. If someone else starts one I will participate.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 am

As mentioned by others, no need for a poor shooting wing player at this time.

The only reason to even possibly take a look at this guy if he were a top three league-wide defensive wing player that could be useful in the playoffs against tip top offensive players.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:29 am

since this is a rumor and possible trade options thread:

t’ll likely to get worse, though, with Portis, Lopez and Parker all likely to be traded, weakening the roster without necessarily garnering significant returns. (Portis would probably command the most in a deal and could still be a part of the Bulls’ future if the price is right.) – via Los Angeles Times

I have always liked Portis since draft day and wanted Danny to pick him with the Rozier pick that year even.

I'm not sure what the Celtics think of the kid  and like Rozier he would be a RFA next season. But he does have some skills and is a legit 6-10 big man.

as such,  I would be willing to offer Yabusele and our own 2019 first round pick for him ...but ONLY if the Celtics would match any offer he may get next year.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:39 am

Bobby Portis is a locker room cancer. Dont want him within 100 miles of this well functioning team of guys that get along and like each other.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:43 am

Why/how is Jabari Bird still on our roster, and what has become of his court case?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:43 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Bobby Portis is a locker room cancer.  Dont want him within 100 miles of this well functioning team of guys that get along and like each other.

oh yeah..... he was the guy that rocked Mirotics' jaw Last year, right?

I forgot abut that.

well...um.......if nothing else he'd fit in the Marcus brothers, right?

Shocked

OK...never mind!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:57 am

kdp59 wrote:

well...um.......if nothing else he'd fit in the Marcus brothers, right?

Shocked

OK...never mind!

kdp,

For what it's worth, i get it and I got a good laugh out of it.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:06 pm

kdp59

I liked Bobby Portis before the trade as well.

However after the incident with Mirotic I lost respect for him. You don't punch a teammate in the jaw.

"The Chicago Bulls have suspended power forward Bobby Portis for eight games after he punched teammate Nikola Mirotic in the face during practice on Tuesday, giving his teammate a concussion and broken jaw that likely will require surgery that will sideline him for four to six weeks.Oct 18, 2017"
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down