Shamrock1000
kdp59
tjmakz
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blockbuster Porzingis trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Blockbuster Porzingis trade

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 am

NY in my opinion was holding him out to tank. There is video of him running sprints months ago, they are taking as much time off as possible to make sure he’s right. He’s 23, with all the advanced surgery and rehab and training, I think he’ll be good to go....it’s not like he’s a point guard.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I’m excited to see the Doncic/KP duo. Hopefully KP comes back fine.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Scal made a really good point on this subject tonight.

The Knicks are selling hope, which is a lot easier than slowly building a long term plan with good talent and picks to help you over the long haul. They just bet a lot on FA and getting the #1 pick.

Barkley had a strong point as well.

If the Knicks dont get a transformative star (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD), they are still going to HAVE to spend money this summer, and if they bring in second tier free agents (say for example Kemba Walker and Khris Middleton) - their franchise will be screwed for another decade.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:15 am

bobheckler wrote:This is a big risk trade for both teams.

Porzingis is The Unicorn, but The Unicorn has a history of injuries.  Can't run (or fly or whatever unicorns do) if you're injured.  He's also a RFA this summer.  That gives Dallas control, but over what?  Will Porzingis come back strong after an ACL?

Hardaway's a gunner.  An overpriced gunner, perhaps, but a gunner and in this league it's good to have a Vinny Microwave on your bench.

Jordan is a 2-dimensional player.  That's all he has ever been and that's all he'll ever be, there is no more upside to DeAndre Jordan.  Furthermore, he's a paint-space eater like Kanter.  One of the reasons why the Knicks went for Kanter was to have an inside-outside threat in Porzingis and Kanter.  Now, it's inside and inside.

I think Dennis Smith Jr will fit nicely into NY, like the way I think Hardaway will for Dallas.  They both fill a need that each team needs.

Both teams are mailing in the rest of this season.  Dallas doesn't have a center (Dwight Powell is not a center) and NY has no outside offense.  This is preface for next season.

But Cowens is right:  what a Big 3 Dallas will have, and they have a shot at an excellent draft pick!  Not a great shot, but a shot.

Here's the deal with Dallas' pick this year:
2019 first round draft pick to Atlanta
Dallas' 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-5 in 2019, 1-5 in 2020, 1-3 in 2021 and 1-3 in 2022 and unprotected in 2023 [Atlanta-Dallas, 6/21/2018]

bob

How in the world does Dallas have a big 3 when Dirk is limping his way into retirement and probably wont be back next year?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 am

mrkleen09 wrote:To paraphrase an old boss, you cant fall off the floor - so might as well go for it.  In that case, the Knicks dumped some major salary and set themselves up for yet another reset.

But I am of the belief that the team that gets the best player, wins the trade and Porzingis is by far the best player on the move today.  If he comes back healthy, Dallas just became a much better team.

NY is an attractive destination for a rich young star - but I agree with Cow, not sure they have enough to attract top tier FA talent with that roster.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

That and Dolan. These players nowadays pay very close attention to the head of the snake. Dolan and past history may deter some of these FA’s form making that move.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2