Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics

+5
kdp59
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
dboss
9 posters

Go down

Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics Empty Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics

NESN by Logan Mullen on Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 7:25PM

Anthony Davis wants nothing to do with the Boston Celtics.

Anthony Davis Sr., that is.

With The Brow wanting out of New Orleans, the NBA has been set ablaze with rumors about potential landing spots for the 25-year-old.

Even prior to Davis’ request, the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers have been rumored destinations for the six-time All-Star.

But in a text message to ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne on Friday, the elder Davis shredded the Celtics for how they ended Isaiah Thomas’ tenure in Boston and said that he doesn’t want his son to play for the C’s.

“I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas,” Davis Sr. said. “No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him.”

David Sr. made it clear that he was speaking only for himself.

“This is just my opinion, not Anthony’s,” Davis Sr. said. “I’ve just seen things over the years with Boston, and there’s no loyalty.”

Of course, Thomas’ time in Boston ended with a trade to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Kyrie Irving. Thomas had just finished playing through a hip injury while mourning the sudden loss of his sister during the playoffs not long before he was sent to the Cavs. Thomas, now with the Denver Nuggets, has yet to play a game this season.

Davis doesn’t have a say in where he goes, but he’ll be a free agent after next season, meaning he’ll have a say then — and all signs are pointing toward him choosing the Lakers. That means any other spot he would land in a trade likely would end up serving as a pit stop.

Though Davis Sr. doesn’t have any say in where his son gets traded (which, again, his son doesn’t either), that comment doesn’t look too great for the Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics Empty Re: Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics

Post by dboss Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:51 pm

The comment was a stinging condemnation of the Celtics and an attack on Danny Ainge.  It was also an example of hypocrisy.  I guess it is okay for a player to announced in the middle of the season that he wants to be traded AND he wants to be traded to a certain team.  Screw the loyal following in NOLA.  Screw the fact that NOLA deserves to recover from the loss by making the best deal they can make.  Screw the fact that IT only played in Boston for 2 1/2 years.  Screw the reality that he is likely to never achieve anything close to the career year that was afforded him in Boston. And forget that IT has not played this year while Kyrie is having a career year and is far superior as a basketball player.

The loyalty door swings both ways.

Basketball is a sport that provides an opportunity for success and failure and much of those opposite outcomes is based on business decisions.

I do not know of a single Celtics fan that did not feel bad for IT.  AD's dad should not have injected his toxic opinion into the mix, poisoning the perception of a young man that has not achieved anything of consequence in his 7 NBA seasons.

Danny made a business decision to trade IT.  IT could have also made a business decision to sign elsewhere and if not for the hip injury he would have been in search of that brinks truck elsewhere if one did not drive up to Boston.

Danny is unlikely to be deterred.  As a matter of fact it may even drive him forward. At the very least LA will not get to have their way now.  And Danny can make the trade for AD and turn around and sell his contract to the highest bidder not named LA if he gets no commitment from him.  

It is sad that Boston finds itself in the middle of a challenging season and in the middle of a divisive and acrimonious assault on their franchise.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics Empty Re: Anthony Davis Sr. Explains Why He Doesn’t Want Son Traded To Celtics

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:04 pm

WELL STATED! DITTO

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:17 pm

I was going to expound on this but, quite frankly, I couldn't have done a better job than dboss.

Anthony Davis SR. should remember 2 things:

1.  Danny didn't trade IT because he was injured.  He traded him for Kyrie freaking Irving.  A perennial All-Star, future HOFer snd one of the top guards in the NBA.  A franchise player you build around and win championships with, like NOP thought his son was, until he kneecapped them mid-season..

2.  IT has said that he forgives Danny and would love to come back to Boston.  If IT can see that, and the pain and betrayal was inflicted on him, then who TF is Papa Davis to hold a grudge?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:03 am

Fuck Anthony Davis, we don’t need him, let him chase his dreams elsewhere. I would much rather keep this young core together for the long haul, it’s a perimeter and wing dominated league, we have the best deepest young talent in place, they will only mature and get better and better. AD is 26 right now, do you know how good 2 J’s will be at say 24 and 26, I’ll put my chips on those 2 and Smart going forward, no way would I do a trade....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:55 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Fuck Anthony Davis, we don’t need him, let him chase his dreams elsewhere. I would much rather keep this young core together for the long haul, it’s a perimeter and wing dominated league, we have the best deepest young talent in place, they will only mature and get better and better. AD is 26 right now, do you know how good 2 J’s will be at say 24 and 26, I’ll put my chips on those 2 and Smart going forward, no way would I do a trade....

obviously Davis does NOT want to come to Boston (or probably anywhere but the Lakers).

trading multiple assets for Davis would be crazy, with all we've heard now. Time to move on to other big men who may actually enjoy playing for a championship  caliber team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:31 am

Everybody has a perspective. Davis's father is entitled to express his. He said it was his opinion and not necessarily his son's. Who cares. It appears that AD doesn't want to be a Celtic , so we keep the Js and carry on.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 am

Danny always thinks out of the box.  Watch for him to do a head fake deal and get someone else that we are not focusing on.  Maybe Favors out of Utah.

The bottom line is we do need a power center who can match up with Philly. Philly is only going to get better in thhe future and they are good right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:38 am

dboss wrote:The comment was a stinging condemnation of the Celtics and an attack on Danny Ainge.  It was also an example of hypocrisy.  I guess it is okay for a player to announced in the middle of the season that he wants to be traded AND he wants to be traded to a certain team.  Screw the loyal following in NOLA.  Screw the fact that NOLA deserves to recover from the loss by making the best deal they can make.  Screw the fact that IT only played in Boston for 2 1/2 years.  Screw the reality that he is likely to never achieve anything close to the career year that was afforded him in Boston. And forget that IT has not played this year while Kyrie is having a career year and is far superior as a basketball player.

Basketball is a sport that provides an opportunity for success and failure and much of those opposite outcomes is based on business decisions.

I do not know of a single Celtics fan that did not feel bad for IT.  AD's dad should not have injected his toxic opinion into the mix, poisoning the perception of a young man that has not achieved anything of consequence in his 7 NBA seasons.

Danny made a business decision to trade IT.  IT could have also made a business decision to sign elsewhere and if not for the hip injury he would have been in search of that brinks truck elsewhere if one did not drive up to Boston.

Danny is unlikely to be deterred.  As a matter of fact it may even drive him forward. At the very least LA will not get to have their way now.  And Danny can make the trade for AD and turn around and sell his contract to the highest bidder not named LA if he gets no commitment from him.  

It is sad that Boston finds itself in the middle of a challenging season and in the middle of a divisive and acrimonious assault on their franchise.
Man this is so spot on. Drop the Mic dboss!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 am

dboss wrote:

Well said dboss.

I doubt AD was going to end up in Boston anyway. And that's OK.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:46 am

112288 wrote:Danny always thinks out of the box.  Watch for him to do a head fake deal and get someone else that we are not focusing on.  Maybe Favors out of Utah.

The bottom line is we do need a power center who can match up with Philly.  Philly is only going to get better in thhe future and they are good right now.

Al always plays him well, plus we’ve still got Baynes and Williams. By next year I gotta think Timelord will be in rotation....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:23 am

Ya Cowens........if Brad puts him in and gets some real playing time.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:28 am

Not bad having a budding talent like Timelord waiting in the wings....and we can get best big available in the draft and develop 2 young bigs. No question Williams has an unique skill set/talent and if he can get minutes, can lead the league in blocked shots....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi,
I think I have the shortest comment: Look who's talking...
Also, I think he was reading the script written by Klutch

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down