Comments From The Other Side - vs Nets, Away

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Nets, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Nets, Away

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:32 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/03/comments-from-other-side-nets-33019.html

by FLCeltsFan

The Boston Celtics Announced that Al Horford and Kyrie Irving ARe OUT today vs the Brooklyn Nets. Jayson Tatum is questionable with an illness.

I know this was already a must win but this is like a must MUST must win game

My day just got so much better

Yay and we're at home and they just played last night. No excuses

If we lose then we actually just don’t deserve to make the playoffs

They must be thinking we're Orlando Magic.

Dlo got traded by Magic So I can see why they would make the mistake

Nah, Danny felt bad for fleecing us and is trying to help us make playoffs

Lol not gonna lie but this is a classic Nets game where they lose. Would not be shocked at all if Brad Wanamaker and Semi Ojeleye drop 20+ on us.

Baynes is the guy that somehow always goes off against us

Any big capable of tying to their own shoes goes off against us. But yeah, Baynes killed us in last game in Boston w Kyrie sitting out

I get this is a game we should win. But the Celtics without kyrie has shown to be better at times. Though Horford out is helpful for us down low

Oy. These seem to be such trap games for the Nets, where they let down their guard when the other team rests their top players and the Nets go on to lose.

Ok Nets - here's your chance You really need this win for PO seeding. Additionally, if you do win there will be mass suicides in Boston as it will drop them out of fourth place. Celtics fans are already coming unglued because of the way the Celts have played.

After we got beaten by the better teams in Blazers, and Sixers. I doubt this team could beat Celtics. They have difficulties to beat teams with good records…

The Celtics don't have the size that those other teams have Also a decent chance Horford doesn’t play

Then we play Bucks on a back to back. The fat lady isn’t even clearing her throat yet. I see six seed as possible.

And that Giannis guy might be injured too

Honestly, I’ll bring him ice, blankets, ginger ale, whatever he needs. Just don’t play against the Nets.

We are slight favorites - 1.5 pts So Vegas thinks we have a real shot at this one.

Celtics on back to back

I was so hoping for an overtime last night. It was a hard game for the Celts, regardless.

Celtics Fun facts: game #78. "Red Dawn" Arnold Jacob "Red" Auerbach as a a coach won 938 games and 9 NBA championships in 10 seasons. As general manager and team president of the Celtics, he won an additional 7. He pioneered the fast break offense and breaking the racial barrier; drafting the 1st black NBA player in the 1st NBA draft, making the 1st all black starting 5, and hiring the 1st black NBA head coach, Bill Russell. Because victory cigars became his signature, Boston restaurants would often say "no cigar or pipe smoking, except for Red Auerbach". After nearly a decade of losing and clashes with several new owners, in 1978, GM Auerbach got in a taxi to Logan Airport. He was flying to New York to consider a lucrative contract offer from Knicks owner Sonny Werblin. However, the cab driver pleaded with him to stay, emphasizing how much Bostonians loved him and considered him family. Soon he would be saying in a press conference, "I’m not going anywhere. We’re going to sign Larry Bird, and we’re going to be on top again." After waiting another year in college, Bird signed in 1979. In 1980, Auerbach traded the #1 pick to the Warriors for the #13 pick and Robert Parrish. He then drafted Kevin McHale. These moves lead to 3 more championships.

Red Auerbach is dead The Celtics haven’t won a championship in 11 years. And 2019 ain’t lookin too good. They have arguably the deepest talent in the NBA but are fighting to keep the 4th seed……..in March. Every player on that team, EVERY PLAYER, knows that this could be their last year in Boston. Their best player, and indeed he is a great player, is a self-absorbed twit. Red Auerbach is dead. Bill Russell is 85. Kevin Garnett now hosts a youtube channel and Larry Bird is just another hick from Indiana. If Horford sits the Nets should feast tonight.

This game should be pick 'em What with the Nets being at home finally and the C’s coming off a game last night. Stevens is one of the smartest coaches in the league and along with Ainge knows the value of resting players late in the season. But Celtics are obviously still very talented and they’re well aware of Brooklyn’s improvement.

Don't need them to rest players The Nets can beat them as is

I'm just happy they won I'm sick of playing good teams after a loss haha

Still going to take Tatum over Brown? They’re both having off years (as most of the Celtics are); but it is crazy that you would even hesitate. Tatum has been better this season, was better last season, and has way more potential.

New Orleans to Ainge: We'll take both, thank you very much And all your picks too, Danny

Call this controversial but I think Horford sitting tonight would be a bigger deal than Kyrie He is in the firmly "Camp of Enes Kantor" big’s that just love to dominate the Nets pretty much most years.

Seems like Kyrie prefers Brooklyn

I think Kyrie is one of the most talented players in the league, but I'm not sure I want him on the Nets I don’t see him as a plus for team chemistry.

Not Liking Boston Is not a reason to assume he is bad for a team’s chemistry. Those game winning plays are good for any team. Just think he see himself anywhere but Boston. Boston isn’t for everyone.

I'm feeling a win today! The Celtics coming off a back to back and the Nets had time to rest and are back home. I don’t know why, but I guarantee a W today!!!!

Celtics Playing for Home Court So let’s not kid ourselves about how motivated they will be.

Nets are 7-0 with the "rest advantage" (other team on a back to back) Let’s hope that continues.

I wish you hadn't shared that stat lol The jinx is in

Reading about GS going off on refs. Anyone else thinks this ref-bashing trend needs to stop? I understand NBA reffing may be subpar right now. I don’t know if that’s even true, but let’s say it is. Work on that, NBA, but never let players berate and humiliate officials. It is a stain on the NBA game right now. I’m all for an objective, hard stance against the mouthing off but Adam Silver seems to lack the willingness to take on stars’ "rights" to argue with officials.

Refs have such a hard job. Sometimes they simply don’t have a good angle to make the right call. But man some calls these past couple years have been HORRENDOUS (Q the harden 100 step step back, the blatant out of bound saves). But those things happen. What really irks me is that some players get the benefit of the doubt while others don’t (the kurucks travels). And that to me is what is unacceptable.

Please let there be more Nets fans than Boston tonight!!! This is a gut check game. We need DLo to have a monster game. He is our straw that stirs the drink.

Kyrie has only faced the Nets once this year.

THEY PLAY BETTER WITHOUT KYRIE NOOOOO

Don't deserve playoffs if we lose today with the Celtics resting.

Why does Aaron Baynes scare me?

If I recall correctly he's had some very good games against us. Just like every other physical center in the league.

The bench needs to win this one. Tatum supposedly will play limited minutes. Celtics 3rd stringers will get a lot of time. We need to exploit that.

I think we can win this and I hope we troll Celtics again.

I hate to say it, but based on how teams have been playing recently, I think you’d rather play the Nets in the first round instead of Detroit, Orlando and possibly Miami. We’re gassed. We’re struggling. We’re inexperienced.

I was at Barclays earlier today. Nets were taking a team picture on the court and Dlo was like 10 minutes late #lockerroomcancer

If we lose, I’m canceling the order for a Jarrett Allen chia pet.

Nets in 4!

We win this But I still think Baynes has a career night!

Does Allen not know that Baynes can shoot 3s? Idk why he didn't come out on him.

Despite Tatum questionable, I expect him to play regular minutes if it’s a close game

Smart IMO is the best perimeter defender in the league right now and he's going to be chasing Harris all over the court

Rodi eliminating Baines

Smh..why does Morris always winds up with Russell

Boston is locked in on defense, it is a major grind so far

So I get home half way through the first quarter And there’s a jump ball at center court and the announcers are talking about wedgies And I’m out of beer

At least we didn’t max Hayward

Wow that Brown block on DLo was harsh

Whistle looking green right now for sure

Who the hell is Brad Wanamaker?

He has good games against us

That could be anyone

Its only halftime And hes already scrub of the night.

Carroll the only one not looking like he huffed glue before the game

Imagine Kyrie and Horford played. We be down 20 right now

Nah, then the powerhouse brad wanamaker wouldn't go in and torch us

Hey, we got the lead.... Somehow

Yeah against a starless team haha

Starless? This team got Hayward back after getting to the ECF last year

Tbf, Celtics statistically play better without Kyrie

Too many Boston fans at the arena!

Dlo is a real unconvincing flopper lol

Gotta train with Harden this summer

I'm taking D'Lo over Kyrie all day

Where are those people who were willing to throw away D'Lo for Kyrie? Smh

DLo Cooking terry rosier again. Damn Terry.

Celtics weathering the storm well. Only down 16. Still not comfortable about this game

Why do I feel we going to blow this

I'm sorry but Kyrie could never make those passes

I like how we’re keeping our doors on the pedal

Has tatum scored?

Jaylen Brown has so far to go in his development. I know some of you like him because he's physically bigger than our wing players, but he lacks a lot of skill and awareness.

Refs trying to fill in that foul differential

This.... This is a playoff team! **** Kyrie we don’t need him

Dudley looks fit but out of shape at the same time

He looks like they found some random dad playing really well at his local rec league and brought him to the NBA

I don’t mean to overreact, but D’Angelo Russell is the best point guard who has ever lived.

I went to Brooklyn Whiskeyfest (a whiskey & spirits expo) today 2p-5p and passed out and just woke up and we had won, so apparently Nets win when I get pass-out-day-drunk. I can work with this. BROOKLYN!!! Can anyone give me a summary of how we did it?=\

Keep drinking buddy save the AA meetings until we are eliminated in the finals

Celtics starters benched basically

Oh, well that helps a bit lol

It feels so good whenever we beat Boston.

Games like this remind me of when Justin Termine told me Rozier would start over D'Lo and Dinwiddie on the Nets because muh playoff minutes

What a performance by apparent future superstar, Jayson Tatum!

I still say the Celtics sat Kyrie and Horford to make up for taking all our draft picks. Guilty conscience.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Nets, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Nets, Away

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/03/comments-from-other-side-nets-33019.html

Red Auerbach is dead The Celtics haven’t won a championship in 11 years. And 2019 ain’t lookin too good. They have arguably the deepest talent in the NBA but are fighting to keep the 4th seed……..in March. Every player on that team, EVERY PLAYER, knows that this could be their last year in Boston. Their best player, and indeed he is a great player, is a self-absorbed twit. Red Auerbach is dead. Bill Russell is 85. Kevin Garnett now hosts a youtube channel and Larry Bird is just another hick from Indiana. If Horford sits the Nets should feast tonight.

bob

Sometimes the most brutal criticism is also the most honest and accurate. Although they didn't have to tell us Red is dead twice.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down