Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM

2 posters

Go down

Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM Empty Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Post by dboss Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:46 pm

The Celtics play game # 79 tonight against the Heat.  Really hard to believe this season is just about over.

The Celtics remain in a virtual tie for 4/5 place with the Pacers.  With just 4 games remaining Boston is in control of their own destiny but they need to keep winning.

Both Brown and Morris will not play tonight and Al Horford is questionable.

As you know Boston slipped by the Heat Monday night with a 110-105 victory that was marred by their inability to maintain a great first QTR dominance 30-17.  Boston lost the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of that game.   In the end Boston had just enough in the tank to push them across the finish line.

The Heat will be missing Derrick Jones Jr. and both Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson are questionable as is Rodney McGruder who will either play or hide out in the grassy knoll.

This game is likely to be a lot harder than the Monday game.  The Heat are holding on to 8th place by the skin of their teeth.

The Celtics held their own on the glass the other night as Al Horford recorded his first triple double in a Celtics uniform.  Aron Baynes started along side Horford matching Al's 11 rebound performance.  We need more of the same.

I wonder if someone will play some defense against Goran Dragic.  He killed Boston scoring 30 points (a season high)  and shooting 10-20.  Every time we turn around some guy is posting a season high against our guys.  Our guards (Kyrie, Marcus and Terry) need to stay in front of him.  Most of the time he goes to his left.

Kyrie scored 25 points the other night along with 8 rebounds but his 6 turnovers double his 3 assists.  I saw a lot of mindless turnovers.

How is it that Boston manages to gift a piece of the parkay floor to all the great retiring players.  It seems sooner or later the Celtics will have patches of Bruins ice to play on.

The two guys I would like to see step up tonight and play really well are Gordan Hayward and Terry Rozier.  The very idea that he is a viable backup plan in the event that KI leaves must be some cruel joke.  Terry has a lot of talent and physically he is well put together but damn, this is year 4 for him and he still does not get it.

I do not have a high degree of confidence that Boston will win tonight.  I think they want to sweat us some more and play chicken with the next Pacer's game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm

I see us going 1-3 or 2-2 at the very best over these last 4 games. Sorry. Just not seeing anything to go on for better numbers. I've been sticking with my prediction of 5th most of the season. No reason to change it now. I hope I'm wrong. Usually am.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @Heat Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Post by dboss Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Dbrown, I have them going 3-2 for their last 5.

The Crooklyn loss stung. I just want to see this team beat Miami and spank Indiana. I need hope.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down