Next Up - Round 1 Game 4 Celtics @ Pacers Sunday April 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Go down

Next Up - Round 1 Game 4 Celtics @ Pacers Sunday April 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM Empty Next Up - Round 1 Game 4 Celtics @ Pacers Sunday April 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Post by dboss Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Boston tips off for game # 4 on Sunday on ABC at 1:00 PM.

This will be another dogfight.  Boston needs  to close them out.  There is nothing to be gained by extending this series.  There is no reward for giving them any hope of winning a game.  The Celtics need to put it all together and play their best game of the series.

Boston is still suffering from turnoveritis.  They are lucky that Indy has hit extended scoring droughts every game which prevents them from being able to outscore Boston.

Boston has to clean up those dumbass turnovers.

Here is another observation.  The Celtics gave up a lot of points in the paint.  We do not have a good matchup with Thadeous Young.  He is too strong for our wings and too quick for our bigs.  Boston may want to employ a double team a bit more on both him and Sabonis. We have seen some of that already and it has been effective.

Al Horford is the key component to getting a win tomorrow.  His defense, rebounding and shot making ability will ultimately determine the outcome.  I would like to see Boston use Baynes a bit more on Sabonis in post up situations.  Baynes needs to display controlled violence.  

The Celtics have to be ready to match the physicality that the Pacers will bring to the game.

All 3 games have been close down the stretch so our 8 man rotation has to play through it.

One thing that stands out is that we have a collection of athletes on this team that can play at a high level of intensity over an extended period of time.

Offensively Boston has made the plays they needed to make however they still tend to take shots early in the clock and absent of more ball movement.  There is no reason to force up a bad shot as Boston is more than capable of moving the ball to search out the best shot opportunity.   Offensive discipline must be maintained.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Round 1 Game 4 Celtics @ Pacers Sunday April 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Round 1 Game 4 Celtics @ Pacers Sunday April 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Post by dboss Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Paul Pierce is in agreement with me.  He said GH is the X factor.

I think we are going to see a great game from him today.  He's due.

Morris, Irving and Brown have been the leading scorers in 3 victories.  The strength of the Celtics can be found in how  many different guys can lead the team.

Irving is off to a fantastic start and Jaylen and Jason are looking like the 2018 playoff versions of themselves.

I can point to the improvement derived from the shortened rotation.  Boston has 5 guys playing  30+ minutes per game.  Continuity matters.

As the Celtics continue their quest, Brad will dip deeper into his available rotation to address favorable matchups.  However it seems evident that Irving, Horford Hayward Tatum and Brown will be playing extended minutes together.  

I like it it.

let's go Celtics
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down