Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12

3 posters

Go down

Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12 Empty Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12

Post by dboss Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Game #2 of the Celtics 5 game road excursion will tip off at 3:30 PM in Sacramento.  

The Kings are a young brash team lead by Buddy Hield and super-quick PG, De Aaron Fox.  USA teammate Harrison Barnes and sharp shooter, Bogdan Bogdanovic are significant contributors.  Marvin Bagley III has only played one game as he is still recovering from a thumb injury.

The Kings shoot the deep ball at a rate of 37.5% which is great but they also give up the ball 16 times a game.  The kings have a 4-7 record. 

Boston has posted 10 consecutive victories because they have remained focus on playing one game at a time.
Keys to the game.

The Celts will need to play excellent perimeter defense and be very mindful of Bogan and Buddy and also PF, Bjelica who is killing it from deep at 52.3%.

The Celtics appeared to be a bit sluggish last night but now they should have adjusted to the time zone change and be ready to engage this team defensively.  Turn them over.

Our bench play has been sporadic.  We need to see solid minutes and contributions off the bench.

If interested here is a link to the Kings' statistics.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sac
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12 Empty Re: Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12

Post by dbrown4 Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:08 pm

This is a very good uphill 5-game road trip for us that is fortunately placed very early in the season. Each game has the bar being raised higher. It turned out GSW were no perceived slouch forcing a re-setting of our bar even higher and almost turned this trip into Panicsville right out of the gate. More on that in a minute.

Next up are the SAC Kings. The Lakers almost found out the hard way that this team is no joke either. And they were at home. We're going to be arriving at their house tomorrow. Let's hope we have been sufficiently kicked in the teeth/punched in the gut enough by GS that we will now be on heightened alert for these next 4 games. You couldn't make SAC any happier if they nearly beat the Lakers at home and then mercilessly take it out on us coming in with the same attitude we had early on in the game with San Francisco.

We will just have to see what Brad has in store for us. This brings me to possibly another early glimmer....Panicsville...A welcome lack there of, that is.

This team goes as Brad goes which is even keel, smooth sailing, duck on the water ALL the time. We could have panicked down 5 points with 2 minutes left. I don't think I've ever seen Brad panic in 6 years. Nor have I seen the Celtics panic. Related? You be the judge.

Now we as fans panic the whole game through regardless of the score or outcome. That comes with being a fan.

I'm going to try to relax just a little bit more with the Celtics this year. I've already resolved to watch ALL the games, not just the ones we win. That's progress! On to Sacramento!

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12 Empty Re: Celtics @ Kings Sunday November 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Game # 12

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
15 hours ago
Losing season opener, then winning 10 straight, NBA history.. 1979-80 Milwaukee Bucks 2019-20 Boston Celtics That's it. (Those Bucks lost their 12th game, so no team has ever won 11 straight after losing their opener. Celtics at Sacramento Sunday afternoon.)

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  Our boys are going for NBA history.  Today they share the record, tomorrow they could own it outright.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Bob that is a nice record to get.  But I am really so focused on getting through this 5 game round trip and securing a winning record.  I can live with a 3-2 record.

I have concerns about the health of our big guys and how our bench is playing.    If they return home with a 12-3 record it would far exceed anything I hoped for starting out the season.

We are going to need really physical play from our centers especially against the Clippers and Nuggets.

We are going to see if our wings can hold their own against Leonard and George (the best wing pairing in the league)

Very heavy lifting ahead for our guys.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down