NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs'

5 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs' Empty NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs'

Post by bobheckler Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-terry-rozier-bulls-radar-could-be-exactly-who-team-needs?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs'

By Darren Hartwell
May 16, 2019 2:00 PM

Terry Rozier just wants to be wanted. Apparently he's getting his wish.

The Boston Celtics guard is on the Chicago Bulls' radar as he enters restricted free agency, The Athletic's Darnell Mayberry reported Thursday.

The Bulls are drawn to Rozier's "fearless play and hard-nosed defensive effort," according to Mayberry, who reports there's a "genuine belief" in Chicago that Rozier "could be exactly who the team needs."

Mayberry's report comes just two days after Rozier aired out his grievances with the Celtics, pointing to the sacrifices he made this season as a backup to Kyrie Irving and admitting he wouldn't want to stay in Boston if Irving and Gordon Haywardd return for another season.

It appears the Bulls are at least interested in giving Rozier the fresh start he covets, although the 25-year-old guard has some competition: Chicago also is interested in free-agent point guard Patrick Beverly, according to Mayberry, and must decide if Rozier is even an upgrade over current point guard Kris Dunn, who has very comparable numbers.

If the Bulls are serious about pursuing Rozier, they'll need to send him an offer sheet, which the Celtics then can choose to match.

bob
MY NOTE: Is there anybody on the Bulls we want? They won't let Lauri Markkannen go for Rozier, obviously, but who else can Danny get to make the $ work? The Bulls have the #7 pick. Would they trade the #7 pick for Rozier and our #14?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs' Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs'

Post by gyso Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

bobheckler wrote:MY NOTE: Is there anybody on the Bulls we want? They won't let Lauri Markkannen go for Rozier, obviously, but who else can Danny get to make the $ work? The Bulls have the #7 pick. Would they trade the #7 pick for Rozier and our #14?

Robin Lopez is a free agent. I am going to guess that he is unrestricted. If we receive a player using a sign-and-trade, it will hard cap us at the apron. I am not sure Danny wants to do that.

Cristiano Felicio? I imagine that it will take $12-15M in salary (Rozier's goal?) to make it happen. Use this link to see is who is under contract:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/chicago-bulls/cap/2019/

gyso

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs' Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Terry Rozier on Bulls' radar, could be 'exactly who the team needs'

Post by dboss Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Terry is an unrestricted FA. All the Bulls have to do is blow away the $13 million QA that Boston put on the table last fall. Boston will fold their hand.

I do not believe a sign and trade is possible because TR is a restricted free agent. I think you have to be an unrestricted free agent. If Boston wants to keep Terry they would have to match the salary offer.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Are you sure about that?? I thought the big thing is that Rozier could want all he wants, but Danny does not want him to walk for free, he can match and then do as he wants.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun May 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Terry is a restricted free agent.
If Terry signs an offer sheet, Boston can match or let him go.
If Boston matches, they can’t trade him for 12 months to that team that gave him the offer sheet.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 19, 2019 8:01 pm

What if it is a sign and trade deal?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 19, 2019 8:28 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:What if it is a sign and trade deal?

Sign and trade is fine, it doesn't matter whether he is restricted or unrestricted.

If we match another team's offer sheet, we can trade him in three months or after January 25, whichever is later, to any team except the one that made the offer.  I believe his increase in salary will meet the BYC criteria.

I believe it will be the same if we resign Kyrie, except in that case, we can trade him to any other team.

Last edited by gyso on Sun May 19, 2019 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sent before finishing)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down