Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments

2 posters

Go down

Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments Empty Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments

Post by bobheckler Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/kendrick-perkins-has-warning-terry-rozier-after-latest-celtics-comments?int

Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments

By Darren Hartwell
May 14, 2019 1:15 PM

Kendrick Perkins would like a word with Terry Rozier.

Rozier made several eye-opening comments Tuesday on ESPN about his frustrating season in Boston, suggesting Kyrie Irving was the source of many of the Celtics' problems and admitting he'd rather play elsewhere than return to a roster that features Irving and Gordon Hayward.

Perkins' message to Rozier: Slow your roll, son.

Adam Kaufman
✔
@AdamMKaufman
· May 14, 2019
Terry Rozier should stop doing these interviews. Nothing about this is a good idea. #Celtics

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/1128319141776171008

Kendrick Perkins
✔
@KendrickPerkins
I agree! I wonder where he’s getting his advice from? Not a good look going into free agency!

8:34 AM - May 14, 2019

Rozier will become a restricted free agent this summer, and it sure sounds like the 25-year-old wants a fresh start somewhere else. But if you ask Perkins, who played 14 NBA seasons and won a championship with the Celtics in 2008, carping to the media isn't the right way to go about that.

J Walker
@DaBigWalker
· May 14, 2019
Replying to @KendrickPerkins @AdamMKaufman
Not the best but ain't nothing wrong with it.. he is young and the league going in new direction.. him giving a true answer to Stephen's fake scenario doesn't seem problematic. He went from running the team to seeing very little playing time. Let him leave nd start pg elsewhere

Kendrick Perkins
✔
@KendrickPerkins
I agree he’s need a starting role but let me give you some advice from a OG in this league! Never give the GMs a reason to mess with your money! You want to have a clean name going into free agency! After he gets paid then he can speak and say what he want!

8:57 AM - May 14, 2019

Perkins makes a fair point: There's a chance Rozier scares off a few NBA teams by being so openly critical of his current teammates and organization. But it's worth noting Perkins cut his NBA teeth over a decade ago, and today's players have more platforms to express their desires than those of Perkins' era.

Lest you accuse Perkins of taking sides in this Celtics drama, the former big man also ripped Irving recently, claiming the way the All-Star point guard handled himself during the playoffs was "disrespectful" to Boston.

This is only the beginning of what should be an eventful summer for the C's, so expect Perkins to have plenty more thoughts.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins has a warning for Terry Rozier after latest Celtics comments

Post by wideclyde Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Great advice for Rozier from Perkins.

It is hard to believe that if Rozier has an advisor/mentor that said person has not done a better
job of guiding Mr. Rozier.

Even with what Rozier has said recently, I would not mind having him back in Boston next season
if his salary is going to be reasonable. He showed me enough at the end of last season for me to give
him a roster spot.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down