some quotes from Micah Shrewsberry,

Go down

some quotes from Micah Shrewsberry, Empty some quotes from Micah Shrewsberry,

Post by kdp59 Thu May 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Stevens has not spoken publicly about this season since it ended in Milwaukee three weeks ago. But Shrewsberry, who has been around the Celtics’ training facility quite often while preparing to move to Indiana next month, said that Stevens almost instantly started planning for what comes next. “He’s definitely locked in,” Shrewsberry said. “He’s back to reading all the quotes and seeing what the best teams are doing. ‘Here’s where we failed, here’s how we’re going to correct it, and we’ll get to the roster when it happens.’ But he’s all the way back and locked into next year and being ready, like, let’s have a great one next year.” – via Boston Globe

“I think he really beat himself up,” Shrewsberry said in a phone interview. “Even when he was doing a great job, even when he was putting everything toward it, he still looked toward himself during all those moments. Hopefully guys appreciated that . . . He was always looking for ways to fix our problems and saying, ‘How can I be better to help these guys be more successful?’ “But I think Brad, it probably still eats him up. But now it’s kind of laid the foundation for him in how things need to be, and how he’s going to approach things in the future.” – via Boston Globe

This could have been viewed as a tactic to absorb scrutiny so the players would not have to. But former Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry said that was not the goal. Shrewsberry, who recently accepted an assistant coaching position at Purdue, has been perhaps Stevens’s most trusted confidant on Boston’s bench for the past six years. And Shrewsberry saw up close how this challenging season wore on his close friend. – via Boston Globe
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down