Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed!

+3
swish
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed! Empty Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed!

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am

Since signing Love to that massive four-year extension, the Cavs’ plan centered on Sexton, Love, the unknown 2019 draft pick, Cedi Osman and Larry Nance Jr. Nothing has changed. Yet. They would need to be overwhelmed by an offer, getting a package that helps in both the short and long term. The No. 4 pick, hypothetically, would be a fine start. Only the Cavs would ask for more. Will a team be desperate enough to get Cleveland to change its stance? Given Love’s injury history, age and contract, it’s hard to see that happening. – via The Plain Dealer

OK, if I am Cleveland's GM and the Lakers are dumb enough to offer me the #4 pick this year for Kevin Loves crazy deal...I will run to LA to get the deal done..not walk...RUN! am I missing something about Love?

Last edited by kdp59 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed! Empty Re: Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed!

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:57 am

lets see I could draft both Culver and Hunter back to back to team with Sexton, Nance and Osman...yes I would rather have that.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed! Empty Re: Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed!

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:01 pm

LA would have to throw in some more players to make the salaries work.  How about Love and Nance for the #4 pick plus LeBron?  Nance back to LA and LeBron back to Cleveland.

Sometimes I crack myself up.   Laughing

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Before or after you crack us up. This is so silly it may happen. I believe this is going to be the year that was. There are going to be so many trades, swaps,etc that we will be spinning in circles. No one is off the table these days.

Remember that word LOYALTY. It does not exist anymore
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 pm

LOL..if I'm Cleveland I'm calling the Lakers

look here...look at how YOUNG Kevin has gotten being off most of last year!!

Cleveland would be NUTS IF that deal was offered and they passed! BIL-HAWKS-HORNETS
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Before free agency only ownership got to decide the value of loyalty. Unrestricted free agency has now leveled the playing field for the player.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Cavs wouldn't pass on a Love for #4 pick.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:17 pm

There is no chance that LA would trade the #4 pick for Love even if the league didn’t have a salary cap and trade rules which require teams to mostly match salaries.
Starting July 1st, LA could absorb Love into their cap space, but there’s no way LA would waste their cap space on Love. I don’t even want them to use up their cap space on Bradley Beal.
If LA can get one of the K’s (KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Kemba) or even Jimmy Butler and keep the #4 pick who should be a starter, I would take that.
I really like the top 5 this year and think all of them will be very good nba players at a minimum. For LA, I like LA’s #4 pick this year if they pick Garland more than when the had the #2 pick in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 am

tjmakz wrote:There is no chance that LA would trade the #4 pick for Love even if the league didn’t have a salary cap and trade rules which require teams to mostly match salaries.
Starting July 1st, LA could absorb Love into their cap space, but there’s no way LA would waste their cap space on Love. I don’t even want them to use up their cap space on Bradley Beal.
If LA can get one of the K’s (KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Kemba) or even Jimmy Butler and keep the #4 pick who should be a starter, I would take that.
I really like the top 5 this year and think all of them will be very good nba players at a minimum. For LA, I like LA’s #4 pick this year if they pick Garland more than when the had the #2 pick in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

as a Celltic fan we can hope that Rambis' wife wants Love though.....LOL

you want Garland at#4?

interesting....so you've given up on Ball already?

B. Beal is a very good NBA all star, that one guy I DON'T want the Lakers to get. You can certainly have Irving though, IMO.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 am

kdp59 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:There is no chance that LA would trade the #4 pick for Love even if the league didn’t have a salary cap and trade rules which require teams to mostly match salaries.

as a Celltic fan we can hope that Rambis' wife wants Love though.....LOL

you want Garland at#4?

interesting....so you've given up on Ball already?

B. Beal is a very good NBA all star, that one guy I DON'T want the Lakers to get. You can certainly have Irving  though, IMO.

I have not given up on Ball. He will be a significant trade asset if the Lakers decide to trade him.
I think Garland could/will be the next Damian Lillard.
His offensive skills fit perfectly with the modern NBA.
If the Lakers draft Garland, I think that puts them out of the running for Kyrie.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Who doesn't want a little more Love?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down