a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype

4 posters

Go down

a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype Empty a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype

Post by kdp59 Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:22 am

Steve Kyler: The Celtics from what I have heard engaged pretty seriously on Clint Capella… have had some level of talks with Terry Rozier on a new deal. Everything is very fluid at this stage in the draft/trade process. It’s finding out what you can do. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Al Horford has a $30,123,015 player option for next season. That’s likely a higher salary than Horford could get in free agency, so he could opt in. The 33-year-old could also opt out to re-sign on a long-term deal that includes a lower salary next season but more total compensation. Or he could even opt out to leave Boston. Celtics president Danny Ainge sounds interested in the second option. John Karalis of MassLive: Ainge and the Celtics are hoping to come up with a re-structured deal. “That will be discussed,” Ainge said. “That’s one of the priorities on our list as well” – via NBC Sports

Former Michigan guard Charles Matthews suffered a torn ACL during a workout for the Boston Celtics, his agent told ESPN. Matthews, who has been preparing for the NBA Draft, is likely to miss all of the 2019-20 season. – via Detroit News

Jay King: Nassir Little, Dylan Windler and Ignas Brazdeikis are working out for the Celtics tomorrow, per a source. Little is one of the most intriguing wings in the draft, with a 7-1 wingspan and 38.5-inch vertical leap. Currently ninth on @sam_vecenie’s big board. 2 days ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

Capela....hummmm.........instead of Davis I suppose. BUt how in the world to make that deal work is my question.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype Empty Re: a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 am

kdp59 wrote:
Steve Kyler: The Celtics from what I have heard engaged pretty seriously on Clint Capella… have had some level of talks with Terry Rozier on a new deal. Everything is very fluid at this stage in the draft/trade process. It’s finding out what you can do. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Al Horford has a $30,123,015 player option for next season. That’s likely a higher salary than Horford could get in free agency, so he could opt in. The 33-year-old could also opt out to re-sign on a long-term deal that includes a lower salary next season but more total compensation. Or he could even opt out to leave Boston. Celtics president Danny Ainge sounds interested in the second option. John Karalis of MassLive: Ainge and the Celtics are hoping to come up with a re-structured deal. “That will be discussed,” Ainge said. “That’s one of the priorities on our list as well” – via NBC Sports

Former Michigan guard Charles Matthews suffered a torn ACL during a workout for the Boston Celtics, his agent told ESPN. Matthews, who has been preparing for the NBA Draft, is likely to miss all of the 2019-20 season. – via Detroit News

Jay King: Nassir Little, Dylan Windler and Ignas Brazdeikis are working out for the Celtics tomorrow, per a source. Little is one of the most intriguing wings in the draft, with a 7-1 wingspan and 38.5-inch vertical leap. Currently ninth on @sam_vecenie’s big board. 2 days ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

Capela....hummmm.........instead of Davis I suppose. BUt how in the world to make that deal work is my question.

Kdp,

Maybe instead of Robert Williams, who may go south in a Davis trade?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype Empty Re: a couple recent Celtic tweets from Hoopshype

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 am

I’m not sure how to do the Capella deal. I’d assume that Smart, Tatum, and Brown wouldn’t be available in that trade. Maybe sign & trade with Morris or Rozier. Opt in and trade for Horford.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:33 am

KyleCleric wrote:I’m not sure how to do the Capella deal. I’d assume that Smart, Tatum, and Brown wouldn’t be available in that trade. Maybe sign & trade with Morris or Rozier. Opt in and trade for Horford.

this is what I wondered too. maybe houston would take Tatum or Brown back, but the dollars don't match AnD they have no big men on the roster then (except Tucker and Nene).

maybe a third team in the mix?

if its true of course.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 am

I’m not surprised that they’d talk about how to put together a deal. Ainge is close with tha Rockets GM. I’d just be surprised if the deal went much beyond that. They weren’t able to report even what kind of assets would be involved

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Rumors about Terry, Capella, moving up in the draft, etc. are examples of Plans C, D and E...

Capella would be a decent alternative to Davis minus the high end offense. Terry Rozier is still insurance in the event that Irving leaves. Moving around the draft board may allow Boston to better target a specific player or players.

Danny Ainge is working his craft.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down