Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around

5 posters

Go down

Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around Empty Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around

WEEI Nick Friar

All signs continue to point pretty much anywhere but Boston when it comes to Kyrie Irving’s future, with multiple reports indicating he’ll end up in Brooklyn. Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe added to the litany of “Kyrie is leaving” reports on Friday, citing multiple league sources have indicated, “the Celtics’ belief that Irving will re-sign with them after free agency opens on June 30 has eroded.”

Just over a week ago, Danny Ainge made clear he had "not received (the) indication" Irving was opposed to returning to Boston. He was also asked if there was a player he could bring in that might help the Celtics retain the 2019 All-NBA Second Team member. Ainge said he did not know the answer to that.

On the surface, it may seem Ainge is playing the game and not bringing up the player he’s trying to acquire in conversations behind closed doors — meaning Anthony Davis. Because according to sources from the report, “it is clear that the Celtics’ pursuit of Davis will push forward,” regardless of Irving’s future with the team. It’s not the first time this rumor has been tossed around either. Unless the Celtics are trying to drive up the asking price for the Lakers, who seem to be their only competition in this battle, it seems like Ainge and the Celtics are serious about life with Davis post-Irving.

Only one thing seems to be holding the C’s back (and it isn’t Wyc Grousbeck). According to Himmelsbach’s sources, “the uncertainty surrounding Davis’ long-term future in Boston has thus far limited the Celtics’ willingness to overwhelm New Orleans with an offer.”

While Irving seems to be on the road to Brooklyn, it appears more and more likely Davis’ path points toward Boston, with the Celtics having more to offer than the Lakers and the team maintaining its interest.

Back to top Go down

Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around Empty Re: Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 am

And, I will be losing faith in the Cs if they actually pursue a deal for one year of Davis if it costs Smart, Tatum (and any other player) plus two first round picks.

What is a team with Davis minus Smart and Tatum with Irving signing elsewhere going to do even if Hayward returns to semi all star status?

And, how bad will the team suffer when Davis leaves after just one season as he has already promised to do?

Forget adding Davis and re-signing Irving even if it slows the post Pierce/Garnett rebuild to some degree.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around Empty Re: Celtics reportedly losing faith in Kyrie Irving sticking around

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:38 am

wideclyde wrote:And, I will be losing faith in the Cs if they actually pursue a deal for one year of Davis if it costs Smart, Tatum (and any other player) plus two first round picks.

What is a team with Davis minus Smart and Tatum with Irving signing elsewhere going to do even if Hayward returns to semi all star status?

And, how bad will the team suffer when Davis leaves after just one season as he has already promised to do?

Forget adding Davis and re-signing Irving even if it slows the post Pierce/Garnett rebuild to some degree.

I doubt Danny would send out two starters and the draft picks unless he has an assurance tat Davis will extend his deal and stay.

but if he does, a Tatum/Smart and two draft picks for one of the top 5 players in the NBA (who also happens to be a big man, which most feel we need badly) who agrees to stay seems like a no brainer to me.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 pm

I know alot of us, including me, have lost total faith in Kyrie but I have to wonder, just what is going to happen at the meeting they are supposed to have (hopefully before the draft night)as written in Celtics Blog. Why bother meeting if he is walking away? I would think he would send e message thru his agent.

I run this over and over thru my head, why wouldn't you want to right the ship, make yourself look good, and win with the Boston Celtics????? Then again, why not run to the next team and leave the past behind.

This is a tough time for Danny Ainge, we all thought he did the right thing putting this group together and it blew up in his face. What's next? I cannot wait to see

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I know alot of us, including me, have lost total faith in Kyrie but I have to wonder, just what is going to happen at the meeting they are supposed to have (hopefully before the draft night)as written in Celtics Blog.  Why bother meeting if he is walking away? I would think he would send e message thru his agent.  

I run this over and over thru my head, why wouldn't you want to right the ship, make yourself look good, and win with the Boston Celtics?????  Then again, why not run to the next team and leave the past behind.

This is a tough time for Danny Ainge, we all thought he did the right thing putting this group together and it blew up in his face. What's next?  I cannot wait to see

I was confused by that, too. Maybe set up sign & trade?

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down