dboss
mikeod
KyleCleric
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

AD traded to LA - Page 2 Empty Re: AD traded to LA

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 am

No kuzma. LA lands on it's feet. Rich Paul the winner here. Not sad, core together
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 am

Griffin may turn around and trade the pick. In any event getting 3 poor shooters makes this a bad trade for NO.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 am

THANK THE LORD THIS BULL SHXT IS OVER WITH.................NOW ON TO MAKING THE BOSTON CELTICS GREAT AGAIN!

LOL

NO THIS IS THE BEST THINK TO HAPPEN TO THE CELTICS THAT WILL PROVE OUT OVER TIME.

PLENTY OF FREE AGENT CENTER...THAT INCLUDES BOOGIE AND OTHERS THAT CAN GET THE JOB DONE FOR US. I REALLY LIKE RANDLE AT PF, HOPE THEY CAN GIVE HIM A LOOK AND PROBABLY COMES IN AT A REASONABLE PRICE.

AS FAR AS A POINT GUARD, YOU HAVE RUBIO, RONDO AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 am

I would love to see Rubio with Rondo backing him up, those guys actually move the ball and can feed our scorers, the problem was too much ball domination by Kyrie and our talented scorers standing around watching him....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 am

I think it was kdp who threw out the Conley/Horford trade idea.
I really think a Conley, a 2020 2nd round pick for Hayward 14 and 22 would be a fair trade.
Sign and trade Rozier for assets to a team who will give him the starting pg position.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:55 am

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 4 hours ago
Bottom line, per sources, is this: The Celtics knew that if they lost Kyrie after 2 years, the bounty they gave up to get him would not cripple them long-term, and If AD left after one, the bounty they would have had to give up would have crippled them long-term.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:00 am

Exactly, and I do wonder if Wyc had a big say in this, he did not like what has gone down with Kyrie.

My personal opinion is that Kyrie was always going to try to get to NY one way or another and the Celtics gave him the way out. He used this opportunity well. Easy to blame others when you want out.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 am

I just read about this and let out a big sigh of relief.
Now if Kyrie will get his ass out of town I will definitely renew my NBA team pass for next year.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:10 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Thank you God!  Sorry bobh

Rosalie,

I soured a bit on this when Rich Paul tried his best to wave us off.  If Kyrie was staying then it might be worth a chance but if he's leaving?  Then it'd be nuts.

Btw, I just arrived in Petra, Jordan.  Remember the last scene in Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade, the one with Sean Connery, where they ride away on horses from a city carved into the cliff?  That was Petra.

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:01 pm

112288 wrote:THANK THE LORD THIS BULL SHXT IS OVER WITH.................NOW ON TO MAKING THE BOSTON CELTICS GREAT AGAIN!

LOL

NO THIS IS THE BEST THINK TO HAPPEN TO THE CELTICS THAT WILL PROVE OUT OVER TIME.

PLENTY OF FREE AGENT CENTER...THAT INCLUDES BOOGIE AND OTHERS THAT CAN GET THE JOB DONE FOR US.  I REALLY LIKE RANDLE AT PF, HOPE THEY CAN GIVE HIM A LOOK AND PROBABLY COMES IN AT A REASONABLE PRICE.

AS FAR AS A POINT GUARD, YOU HAVE RUBIO, RONDO AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

all good ideas, but we have to have the cap space to sign them. Bob posted another thread where they speculated that the Celtics COULD free up as much as $14M.

Randle made $9M last year
Rubio made $14.9M

we all might wanna temper just how far Danny can stretch that salary cap space!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 pm

tjmakz wrote:I think it was kdp who threw out the Conley/Horford trade idea.
I really think a Conley, a 2020 2nd round pick for Hayward 14 and 22 would be a fair trade.
Sign and trade Rozier for assets to a team who will give him the starting pg position.

yes it was Hayward for Conley (not Horford)

but most would say that is just another in my never ending attempt to find a way to get out of the Hayward max deal.

they would be correct!

since Tatum and Brown appear to be staying now...I gladly accept a deal close to that.

Hayward and #14 pick

for

Conley and Ivan Rabb

my final offer!!

LOL

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Bob. I knew you had to be travelling, you have been kind of quiet on the Celtic scene since the season ended. Is this another long trip or just something to keep you motivated? Travel safe, it is a crazy world over there right now.

Anyway, KDP, trade rejected. You will be glad when you watch Hayward running the offense and not having the ball stuck in one person's hand (need I say who) He is a terrific passer, sees the floor and will help make this a good active offense

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Bob.  I knew you had to be travelling, you have been kind of quiet on the Celtic scene since the season ended.  Is this another long trip or just something to keep you motivated? Travel safe, it is a crazy world over there right now.

Anyway, KDP, trade rejected.  You will be glad when you watch Hayward running the offense and not having the ball stuck in one person's hand (need I say who)  He is a terrific passer, sees the floor and will help make this a good active offense

Rosalie

hahaha...very good response.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Bob.  I knew you had to be travelling, you have been kind of quiet on the Celtic scene since the season ended.  Is this another long trip or just something to keep you motivated? Travel safe, it is a crazy world over there right now.

Anyway, KDP, trade rejected.  You will be glad when you watch Hayward running the offense and not having the ball stuck in one person's hand (need I say who)  He is a terrific passer, sees the floor and will help make this a good active offense

Rosalie

Rosalie,

7 weeks total to Israel 🇮🇱, Jordan 🇯🇴 and Egypt 🇪🇬. Left 5/29 and am flying back 7/17. Left Jerusalem for Amman on 6/14. Will be leaving Jordan to Eilat, Israel around the 22nd. Some beach time there and a ferry to Egypt for all that. Spend my last half week or so back in Tel Aviv before I fly home from TLV.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

[/quote]

Rosalie,

7 weeks total to Israel 🇮🇱, Jordan 🇯🇴 and Egypt 🇪🇬.  Left 5/29 and am flying back 7/17.  Left Jerusalem for Amman on 6/14.  Will be leaving Jordan to Eilat, Israel around the 22nd.  Some beach time there and a ferry to Egypt for all that.  Spend my last half week or so back in Tel Aviv before I fly home from TLV.

bob

.[/quote]

Bob you are hitting a few countries that im interested in seeing, Jordan holds interest in that one place you will be visiting. And my wife and i are considering a trip to Israel next season, she'd also like to go to Egypt. I'd love to visit there as well, but not sure about safety issues, my wife is usualy oblivious everything going on around and her husband is a friendly yet hot headed non PC sort of guy, i think both of them might have problems there.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Rosalie

Rosalie,

7 weeks total to Israel 🇮🇱, Jordan 🇯🇴 and Egypt 🇪🇬.  Left 5/29 and am flying back 7/17.  Left Jerusalem for Amman on 6/14.  Will be leaving Jordan to Eilat, Israel around the 22nd.  Some beach time there and a ferry to Egypt for all that.  Spend my last half week or so back in Tel Aviv before I fly home from TLV.

bob

Bob, I’m jealous! Razz Travel safe..
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm

kdp59 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:I think it was kdp who threw out the Conley/Horford trade idea.

yes it was Hayward for Conley (not Horford)

but most would say that is just another in my never ending attempt to find a way to get out of the Hayward max deal.

they would be correct!

since Tatum and Brown appear to be staying now...I gladly accept a deal close to that.

Hayward and #14 pick

for

Conley and Ivan Rabb

my final offer!!

LOL

I haven’t given up on Hayward, he showed me something vs Pacers, then whole team collapsed under Kyrie vs Bucks, Kyrie got destroyed by Bledsoe and Hill and had no counters when his hero ball didn’t work....but Hayward can be a good 6th man and play point behind Marcus Smart IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:28 pm

As I have said before, he has great ball handling skills. Who knows, maybe it just was not going to be a good fit with him and Kyrie anyway. I believe he will play better handling this season. He and Jaylen had developed a good working relationship toward

This is still a work in progress
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Bob you are hitting a few countries that im interested in seeing, Jordan holds interest in that one place you will be visiting. And my wife and i are considering a trip to Israel next season, she'd also like to go to Egypt. I'd love to visit there as well, but not sure about safety issues, my wife is usualy oblivious everything going on around and her husband is a friendly yet hot headed non PC sort of guy, i think both of them might have problems there.

Matty,

Israel is very nice.  I LOVE Tel Aviv!  What a cool city.  And right on the Mediterranean.  My hotel, which was 2-3 blocks from the beach, cost $90 I think.  Fun nightlife, great restaurants.  Not cheap but very chic and cool.

Woody Allen once said that "God is a comedian playing to an audience who is afraid to laugh".  That sounds like Jerusalem to me.  Fabulous for sightseeing of course (I'm bringing back dirt from Nazareth and The Garden of Gethsemane for a friend) but pretty dour and serious.  My hotel was in Arab East Jerusalem.  Boring but safe.  People would ask where I'm from, I'd tell them, and they would all say "you are welcome!".

Jordanians are very friendly people.  Cheaper than Israel, although that's not hard.  

A couple of days walking Petra, 2 nights in a camp in the desert at Wadi Rum (remember the great desert scene in Lawrence of Arabia?) and then I'm trying to decide on heading for the border and some beach time in Eilat (Israel) or loiter a few days in Aqaba (Jordan) before going to Eilat.  After Eilat I'll head down to Sharm El Sheikh (bus?) and try to find a boat across the Gulf of Suez to the Egyptian mainland from Sharm El Sheikh.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Kyrie also wasn’t a good fit for 2 J’s either....they never played better than during last years playoff run, then this year they never got the same structure in the offense or amount of shots. Kyrie needed to figure out how to get them going and his own offense, but he never did. Kyrie playing without a Lebron/Durant type to lead and be the first option so he can be a good 2nd fiddle, will lead you to no where.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:19 pm

I expect Hayward to be better. The question is, how much so? I don't particularly like the Conley trade. He's not a long term solution.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 am

The final story here is that AD and Rich Paul got exactly what they wanted from the start. Smart play on their part, but maybe not so good for the NBA landscape.

Despite all the stories, AD was never going to the Celtics. It simply was never an option for Boston, and not what Davis was shooting for. The brilliance of Paul's play, was that it immediately took any possibility of Boston being in the mix off the table. They demanded the trade when the Celtics couldn't close a deal until summer. And Boston was the one true team standing in the way of Davis joining the Lakers. That left the Lakers as the only team with the goods to make the deal before the draft, and put Davis squarely in his desired destination.

Forget the ridiculous thoughts of Boston even trying. As I've been repeating, ad nauseam, for more than two months; doubtful Ainge gave it more than a compulsory look. More will undoubtedly come out on this in coming weeks. If you want to delve into the real story here, It's the rapid growth of Klutch Sports and Rich Paul's growth as a power player on the NBA landscape.

NBA fans are so consumed with playing fantasy scenarios on their team's behalf, they're missing the real picture of the freight train barring down on the balance of power in the NBA. Or what little there is left. This, folks, is going to continue to grow in the wrong direction.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:43 am

"The pick count can grow to five effective picks, as the Pelicans also receive the rights to swap picks with the Lakers in two additional seasons." https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/ny-lakers-should-be-cautious-of-becoming-nets-anthony-davis-trade-20190616-25nj2nixyfh4bh7yanegbrcr6e-story.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 am

One can only hope.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841440-why-kyle-kuzma-is-the-last-laker-youngster-standing?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next