RosalieTCeltics
worcester
dboss
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kanter traded Empty Kanter traded

Post by dboss Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:10 pm

to Portland in a 3 team trade with Boston getting future draft pick from Memphis...The gift that keeps on giving)

My wife Bonnie just told me about this. Love the wifey
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Kanter traded Empty Re: Kanter traded

Post by dboss Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:17 pm

It's a beautiful thing!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30354922/sources-portland-trail-blazers-get-enes-kanter-back-trade-boston-celtics-memphis-grizzlies
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm

Shaves $5M off our salaries. We get back two future 2nd round picks from Memphis. No added cost to our budget and we clear a roster spot. Now if we just get rid of Theis and RWill we can become the small ball Rockets of 2019-20.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Inevitable. $5 million less I guess that is the way you look at it

I just read the story, it is a three way deal with Portland, who gets Kanter, Memphis and the Celtics

Now the search is on for a b/u center
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:22 pm

As Boston continues to pair down their center rotation RW steps into the void.

Hayward will be traded to Indy and Turner will be here alone with Theis and RW.. Tacko Tuesday is likely to remain in a reserve role.

We do not need a BU center Rosalie.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:32 pm

so there is the #30 pick finally moved to Memphis

we trade #30 with Kanter's salary and get two future second round d-leaguers .

sounds about right.

trying to get under that tax line.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:07 pm

This whole thing with Hayward is really getting under my skin. He knew all along he wanted to go Indy, and even though he holds some of the cards, he is dragging this on and on. Indy must be holding back for one reason or another. I know that if Atlanta or NY wants to blow him out of the water with a "Al Horford" deal, something tells me that is not going to happen. Teams are a bit afraid to commit this kind of $$ to a 31 year old player with his physical history. I know the name is big, but unfortunately for him, he is not the same guy who signed that contract with the Celtics.

As a fan who has been in his backcourt from before his signing, it is time to get this out of the way. Life goes on, it will for him and it will for the Celtics
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:35 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This whole thing with Hayward is really getting under my skin.  He knew all along he wanted to go Indy, and even though he holds some of the cards, he is dragging this on and on.  Indy must be holding back for one reason or another.  I know that if Atlanta or NY wants to blow him out of the water with a "Al Horford" deal, something tells me that is not going  to happen. Teams are a bit afraid to commit this kind of $$ to a 31 year old player with his physical history.  I know the name is big, but unfortunately for him, he is not the same guy who signed that contract with the Celtics.

As a fan who has been in his backcourt from before his signing, it is time to get this out of the way. Life goes on, it will for him and it will for the Celtics

Rosalie,

Maybe now you can relate to my "F him" comment I said about him shopping us on a previous thread a while back.  I knew this is what he was doing.  Remember, when he was thinking about leaving Utah for Boston he wrote two articles for The Players Tribune, one with him staying and one with him leaving.  He didn't make up his mind until he submitted the "Thanks but I'm moving on" one.  Then he was committed.  He's doing it again with us.  He gets booed everytime he goes back to Utah.  There are signs at every Celtic/Jazz home game reading "Betrayward".  Hell, someone even bought a highway billboard sign that said that.  He hasn't learned a thing.  

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
59 minutes ago
Reporting over in @The Athletic app on the Enes Kanter trade to Portland. Kanter was able to choose between going to Memphis and Portland and elected to return back to where he had the best run in his career, per league sources. pic.twitter.com/rh5s0F84Eq

Bob
MY NOTE:  That was nice of Danny to set this up so Kanter got to choose.  It was also nice of Kanter to opt in so Danny had influence if not control.  A happy ending for all, except for Kanter Cultists.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Rosie and Bob

GH has been one of my favorite players.  His tenure in Boston began 5 minutes into his first game at Philly.  

He never bitched and he never complained.  

He will be heading home to Indy and be with his wife and her family and his family.    It's a beautiful thing.

The trade that is about to take place would not have happened without his involvement and agreement.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Hayward has lost my sympathy and admiration. He is messing with us, and we certainly deserve better treatment. Mo betta if he goes to Indy and Turner comes in return. He did not have to play it this way.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Dboss, I was on the Hayward train right from the start. But there are so many signs out there about who is pulling the strings here. Robyn Hayward has had many quotes complaining about different things. His touches, her treatment (which I will say he had the right to want to see his baby born) but then he got hurt and went home from the bubble BEFORE the team played the final game against Toronto, Is that a good teammate???? There were no fans there to harass him.

I really think Hayward could have stayed this last year, worked his rear off and helped the Celtics finally achieve what they set out to do three years ago. It takes alot for me to lose faith in a Celtic player. I am a devoted fan, thru and thru. This has just eaten me and yes Bob, I agree with you, let him go.......
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm

dboss wrote:Rosie and Bob

GH has been one of my favorite players.  His tenure in Boston began 5 minutes into his first game at Philly.  

He will be heading home to Indy and be with his wife and her family and his family.    It's a beautiful thing.

The trade that is about to take place would not have happened without his involvement and agreement.

I agree with you dboss. I don’t understand why anyone is pissed at Gordon now for wanting the best for himself and family. If they are truly negotiating a deal with Indy, thats good. He could just walk away and we get nothing. So, why the sudden hate? Someone help me out here.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:22 pm

For one and only one reason.....i feel he owes Boston one season to see if he can play a full season, give them whatever, and then move on. That is all, he has every right to want to go home, but just one season. Just think, they did not try to trade him in February, when he was playing well before Covid.

I guess it is over, let it just be over, take what you can, I just want it over
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:40 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:For one and only one reason.....i feel he owes Boston one season to see if he can play a full season, give them whatever, and then move on.  That is all, he has every right to want to go home, but just one season.  Just think, they did not try to trade him in February, when he was playing well before Covid.  

I guess it is over, let it just be over, take what you can, I just want it over

I don't think Danny really wants him for another year. At least not in a role that GH wants (and deserves). He is better than a 4th option. Think about it this way. It is so hard to make it to the NBA, and once there, only a few can be impact players. And even impact players know their time as meaningful contributors is short. GH has been dreaming about being an impact NBA player since he was a kid, and now he knows that window is closing. I totally respect his desire to play for a team where he has a bigger role. I also respect Danny for understanding the Celtic's roster imbalance and that too much money is tied up at the wing. IF we end up getting Turner plus another good player and GH goes to Indy, I feel this is a huge win for everyone. And IF it does happen, I think part of the reason is mutual respect between GH and Celtics and a genuine desire for a mutually beneficial outcome. This ain't Kyrie walking, or even Big Al....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:59 pm

I agree with you there, he does deserve to try to become what he was. I truly believe “you can never go home again” applies here. Coming back to play for/with Stevens might have been a big mistake. AND. I think back to that Kyrie/Gordon press conference to intoduce them both, Hayward looked uncomfortable there, sharing the limelight that he was supposed to have to himself. It was a shame what happened here.

What could have been........I will always regret not being able to watch him at his prime, healthy and in charge
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Rock I agree.

If both sides walk away with equal perceived value then everything is fine.

Everybody wins.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm

I agree.

Everybody does win in this scenario.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:31 pm

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 22 minutes ago
The Celtics officially announced their Kanter/Desmond Bane trade. Part of the release explained the complicated 2nd rounder: “The better draft pick between Houston’s second round selection in 2023, and whichever 2023 second round draft pick is worst between Memphis or Dallas.”

Bob
MY NOTE: Well that certainly clears that up.   Rolling Eyes

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 pm

Who will renember?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 am

Both Kanter and Hayward were fun to follow for me during their time in Boston.

The NBA is a business, as everyone knows, and trades, free agency, etc have always been reasons
why very few players actually play their entire careers in just one city. Both guys will be gone soon
(Kanter already), and their roster spots will be filled by other players.

As our Friday breakfast group mentioned yesterday, if Ainge can come up with a young starting center and some additional bench scoring for losing Kanter and Hayward while getting the Cs out of tax penalty status (owners will be happy) and the team does well no one will care about who was traded in late November of 2020.

So, Kanter, Hayward and Edwards for Turner and whomever from Indianapolis works for me as training camp starts very soon and a game that counts is only one month away.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 am

Ktron wrote:

I agree with you dboss. I don’t understand why anyone is pissed at Gordon now for wanting the best for himself and family. If they are truly negotiating a deal with Indy, thats good. He could just walk away and we get nothing. So, why the sudden hate? Someone help me out here.

ktron,
it seems the worm has turned on Hayward around here. As probably the only person here who thought he was way overpaid, I don't blame him and his camp for trying to get what he wants.

I think the fact that Atlanta has moved on puts Hayward in a spot with no teams competing for him (unless you count the Knicks). His camp used Atlanta as leverage with Indiana/Boston and then Atlanta leaked out they had no interest anymore ( take THAT!).

Now the only teams who can sign Hayward at $25M or more are NY and Boston.

Indiana's ownership has big money in the now depressed Mall real estate industry and reportedly are looking to not increase the Pacers overall salary's.

this means Ainge holds the cards.......Sure Hayward COULD sign with the Knicks.

Charlotte still could offer him about $20M.

so Ainge could be left holding an empty bag, with only the $9M MLE to bring in a quality big man. But I think Hayward and Indiana will happen and so does Ainge. He should squeeze as much as he can out of allowing Hayward to go wherehe wants, IMO.

I don't blame Ainge or Hayward for trying to get what each one wants.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:11 am

kdp59 wrote:

That is fairly close to what I think. Both teams can work to even things up a bit.

If Hayward and Indy consider Hayward to be a 1st or 2nd option kind of player, then the package coming back should compensate us for the loss of such a player.

IMO, Turner and McDermott don't come up to par with Hayward's skillset. Maybe the player we can add with the non-taxpayer MLE will help fill the gap.

I don't necessarily want Oladipo and Warren may be a reach. Do I have the answer? No. I just think it doesn't hurt to ask for more.

With Atlanta off the table (was it ever on the table?) and the only option left being New York, I think Danny has leverage to get something else in return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:20 am

kdp59 wrote:
Ktron wrote:

ktron,
it seems the worm has turned on Hayward around here. As probably the only person here who thought he was way overpaid, I don't blame him and his camp for trying to get what he wants.

I think the fact that Atlanta has moved on puts Hayward in a spot with no teams competing for him (unless you count the Knicks). His camp used Atlanta as leverage with Indiana/Boston and then Atlanta leaked out they had no interest anymore ( take THAT!).

Now the only teams who can sign Hayward at  $25M  or more are NY and Boston.

Indiana's ownership has big money in the now depressed Mall real estate industry and reportedly are looking to not increase the Pacers overall salary's.

this means Ainge holds the cards.......Sure Hayward COULD sign with the Knicks.

Charlotte still could offer him about $20M.

so Ainge could be left holding an empty bag, with only the $9M MLE to bring in a quality big man. But I think Hayward and Indiana will happen and so does Ainge. He should squeeze as much as he can out of allowing Hayward to go wherehe wants, IMO.

I agree with you. It does look like Danny has gained more leverage as I don’t think Hayward has any interest in Charlotte or the Knicks. Would only be pissed at Gordon if he left and went somewhere to spite us and I don’t see that happening. There’s very few win win’s and this could be one of them.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Looks like they fooled us all, huh??? I wonder if this deal was in the works from the beginning, Charlotte was mentioned by Fosberg and O'Connor last night as the dark horse in this mess.
Even though Jordan overpaid (in my estimation) good luck to Gordon, the pressure is all on him now. He is the big boy in town now, no Tatum, Brown, Marcus to blame for things. I wish him nothing but health so that he can end his career the way he started it. I have said for over a year, I am sure he regretted ever signing that contract with Boston.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next