Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!!

+3
steve3344
Matty
beat
7 posters

Go down

Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Empty Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!!

Post by beat Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Windsh10

Daughter and her roomie from College went to Hartford Conn to watch a concert Sat Eve. They got to the hotel early enough on Saturday and due to the weather concert was only about half full. Sarah waited a bit to head back home this morning and somewhere near Springfield a large hunk of Snow/ice fell off an overhead sign and shattered her windshield. Thank goodness they are OK. The car was towed to Schenectedy (sp) where it now sits. Roommates mom works at the dealership where it is at and will see it gets fixed this week. We picked them up there and just got home a few moments ago.

She's taking one of our vehicles back to Potsdam this eve.

We'll go back and get the car next weekend.

And if that wasn't enough I damned near hit a deer about 4 miles from home, it was CLOSE very close!

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Empty Re: Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!!

Post by Matty Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 am

Beat, d@mn thats scary, glad all is well...

** on a personal note, sure dont miss the snow out here in nm.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Empty Re: Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!!

Post by steve3344 Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 am

beat wrote:Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Windsh10

Daughter and her roomie from College went to Hartford Conn to watch a concert Sat Eve. They got to the hotel early enough on Saturday and due to the weather concert was only about half full. Sarah waited a bit to head back home this morning and somewhere near Springfield a large hunk of Snow/ice fell off an overhead sign and shattered her windshield. Thank goodness they are OK. The car was towed to Schenectedy (sp) where it now sits. Roommates mom works at the dealership where it is at and will see it gets fixed this week. We picked them up there and just got home a few moments ago.

She's taking one of our vehicles back to Potsdam this eve.

We'll go back and get the car next weekend.

And if that wasn't enough I damned near hit a deer about 4 miles from home, it was CLOSE very close!

I went to high school in Potsdam. Lived there for five years. Prepared me for handling any type of weather in the winter. When it's 20 degrees above 0 in New York and people say it's cold, I remember all those 20 below days in Potsdam and laugh.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 am

Beat,

It's so fortunate that no one was hurt. Wasn't Sarah involved in a car wreck a couple of years ago? Maybe the reason she's always smiling is that she knows she has a real lucky streak.

Sometimes you guys must feel like pioneers up there. I probably told you that, one mid-June, while I was doing my two weeks of summer Army Reserve duty at Camp Drum (very near your place), we were on bivouac and we stopped for the night in this field in the woods. We were too tired to put up our tents, so we slept wherever we could. I picked a reasonably flat rock and spread out my sleeping bag on it. I had to roust everyone about six in the morning for something like a six-mile march. I heard my alarm clock, tried to jump out of my sleeping bag, and found that I was covered with three inches of snow. In mid-June. The temperature was in the low 20s, and there was a howling wind. I can't imagine what the wind chill was. Every intake of breath froze your insides.

Whenever I see the word "misery," I think of that morning. It was then that I discovered my bladder had twice the capacity I had assumed, because you just didn't want to expose any part of your body for any reason.

Please tell your family I'm glad they're all safe and I advise all of you to hibernate until July.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 am

Thank God she is okay, although I am sure it scared the heck out of her and her friend. So much crazy stuff going on these days, what a crazy storm.

Anyway, I am glad she is fine, and you will be too once the nerves calm down!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks all, it was quite an interesting day to say the least.

Here is a shot of it from the outside

Couple of LUCKY kids..... thank God!! Sarahs10

Well we thought it would get done this week but insurance is like the NBA talks. Adjuster has to see it, then has 72 hours to say it needs repair work... DUH? Then the Glass Repair Shop that the insurancce company deals with has 72 hours to repair it! Plus we were told they are quite busy due to the storm. Figures.

And up next to Lake Ontario on the Tug Hill where we can easily get 300+ inches of snow during a winter season we got NOTHING this past weekend!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Beat,

As parents, we cross our fingers, say a prayer, and hope for the best when we send our kids out in vehicles. I'm glad they were fine.

I'm no adjuster, but I'd say it needs repair work. Hopefully, it will all go faster than the 72 + 72 they're giving as the outside time limit. I remember needing a water pump for a '67 Chevy Malibu in Kalispell, Montana on a Sunday, and not only did they have one, they had me on the road again in less than an hour.

And watch out for those deer. They're not a problem where I live, but they've cost my brother thousands of dollars.

Stay safe.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 am

Beat:

Very glad your daughter and her friend were unhurt. Next time you go hunting for Bucks, go to Milwaukee (LOL)

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 am

MD

Well final word is it should be done by 11/11. Body shop has to order the parts (3days) parts won't be there till monday. Having it done down ther as they would have to take out the windshield againn to replace the roof panel.

Never been to Milwaukee or Wisconson for that matter. Was in the northern suburbs of Chicago once.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down