NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft

+4
tjmakz
NYCelt
jrleftfoot
8 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft Empty NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 pm

NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By Darren Hartwell June 19, 2019 3:15 PM

The Boston Celtics and their three first-round picks have the capital to move up in the 2019 NBA Draft.

It appears other clubs have interest in such a deal, with eyes on one Celtics asset in particular.

Some teams with picks "near the top" of the 2019 NBA Draft are "wondering about Jaylen Brown's availability," The Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach reported Thursday.

ESPN's Jonathan Givony reported Tuesday the Celtics were considering trading up to acquire the New Orleans Pelicans' No. 4 pick (which they acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Anthony Davis trade) and draft Vanderbilt guard Darius Garland. The Pelicans and Memphis Grizzlies are expected to use the No. 1 and No. 2 picks on Zion Williamson and Ja Morant, respectively, but the New York Knicks' No. 3 pick, the Pelicans' No. 4 pick and the Cleveland Cavaliers' No. 5 pick perhaps could be in play for a trade.

Brown is one of Boston's top assets if Danny Ainge and Co. want to include the 22-year-old in trade talks with those clubs.

Of course, that's a big "if" amid reports that both Kyrie Irving and Al Horford are expected to depart in free agency this summer. Do the Celtics take a "youth movement" approach and build around Jayson Tatum and Brown? Or do they try to parlay Brown and their other assets (notably their Grizzlies protected first-rounder in 2020) into an All-Star to fill Irving or Horford's void?

In any case, it seems Ainge will be fielding plenty of calls between now and Thursday night's draft.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:46 pm

So they should give up a number 3 pick, who has proved he can play in the Association for a number 4 pick? KMA
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics' Jaylen Brown drawing trade interest before draft

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Brown probably has more upside at this time than anyone in the draft not named Zion.

There would have to be something big involved beyond picks.

More and more it looks like the building blocks on this team are Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Hopefully Hayward too.

I doubt Brown goes anywhere.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm

There is nobody in the top 10 that I would trade Jaylen and draft picks for.  You can go out and get a PG up top but until the Celtics wake the f up and realize that the big boys are a required asset, they will continue to end up like Sisyphus.

Everybody seems to have the hots for Darius Garland.  

He played  a total of 5 games this year before blowing out the knee.  He torched the likes of Kent State, Liberty, Alcorn State, USC and Winthrop.  If Boston has a desire for pick 4 I sure hope they select the right guy.

Boston has too many holes to fill at this point and it will take 2-3 years to fill all of them.  Addressing your PG needs at the expense of weakening your SG is just plan stupid.

Danny got sucker punched with a left right combination and his knees are shaky.  I do not trust his draft decision making right now.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:40 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:So they  should give up a number 3 pick, who has proved he can play  in the Association for a number 4 pick? KMA

One reason a team might trade a player like Brown is because Brown is 3 years through his rookie contract.
He is going to get paid next summer.
I do not think Brown will be traded but the contract benefit is one reason a soon to be 4th year player could be traded for a rookie.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 pm

dboss wrote:There is nobody in the top 10 that I would trade Jaylen and draft picks for.  You can go out and get a PG up top but until the Celtics wake the f up and realize that the big boys are a required asset, they will continue to end up like Sisyphus.

He played  a total of 5 games this year before blowing out the knee.  He torched the likes of Kent State, Liberty, Alcorn State, USC and Winthrop.  If Boston has a desire for pick 4 I sure hope they select the right guy.

Boston has too many holes to fill at this point and it will take 2-3 years to fill all of them.  Addressing your PG needs at the expense of weakening your SG is just plan stupid.

Danny got sucker punched with a left right combination and his knees are shaky.  I do not trust his draft decision making right now.

Garland was the #1 ranked point guard coming out of HS.
His injury pushed him back to #2 after his freshman year of college.
His game is perfect for the current NBA.
I think he will be better than Morant.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

NYCelt wrote:Brown probably has more upside at this time than anyone in the draft not named Zion.

There would have to be something big involved beyond picks.

More and more it looks like the building blocks on this team are Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Hopefully Hayward too.

I doubt Brown goes anywhere.

100%. Brown showed me a lot last year, down the stretch he really found his game and is poised to make a big splash this year with a big weight lifted from his shoulders.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by painter33 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am

Brown has “jumped” his game more so than Tatum, has better body language, plays tougher D, but Tatum gets the ink. Unless Tatum stops pouting for not getting the ball or crying to the refs, right now, Brown has more impact in games than does Tatum. However, without Kyrie, Tatum might flourish.
painter33
painter33

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 am

If I am the GM and going to trade Jalen Brown, I have to get a top level center for the Cs. Garland may be a super player, but he never will be a center. Point guards can come and go as we have all seen, but the Cs have needed a true starting center since Perkins filled that spot defensively.

Also, I am not trading Brown AND a high draft pick for anyone who is not an already accomplished NBA center who is young enough to be around for a while.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:00 am

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:There is nobody in the top 10 that I would trade Jaylen and draft picks for.  You can go out and get a PG up top but until the Celtics wake the f up and realize that the big boys are a required asset, they will continue to end up like Sisyphus.

Garland was the #1 ranked point guard coming out of HS.
His injury pushed him back to #2 after his freshman year of college.
His game is perfect for the current NBA.
I think he will be better than Morant.

Look TJ PG cannot possibly be our # 1 need after now losing AH as well. We have Marcus Smart and probably Terry Rozier. JB is probably going to blow up big time this year. It is the wrong time to move him for a prospect
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am

I should mention that if Zion was coming back yes I would trade for him any player on Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down