Boston Celtics trade rumors: Team offering Aron Baynes in trade to create cap space (report)

+5
dboss
wideclyde
gyso
kdp59
bobheckler
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boston Celtics trade rumors: Team offering Aron Baynes in trade to create cap space (report) - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston Celtics trade rumors: Team offering Aron Baynes in trade to create cap space (report)

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks for Kyle for posting the article written by Matt Doloff.  Matt references, Keith Smith.  His statement is convoluted.  He basically states that there was a mutual interest in Baynes leaving but that is not the same thing as Baynes asking for a trade.  He states that Baynes wanted to stay if Boston was a title contender and he suggest that Irving and Horford left for the same reason.  Really?

This is a made up story on what happened.  It does not make one bit of sense.  The Suns are not a title contender.  Danny needed Cap space and went to Baynes and explained the situation to him.  He understood and said okay but trade me to someplace warm.  No team parts with a draft pick unless they are highly motivated to dump a guy's salary.  Ok I just made that story up but it is a lot more plausible than the unqualified piece by Keith Smith.

"According to Yahoo! Sports' Keith Smith, the interest is mutual between the Celtics and Baynes to send him elsewhere. Baynes was willing to stay with the Celtics if they were legitimate title contenders, but it appears that he feels the same as Irving and Horford that they won't be able to offer him that next season."
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics trade rumors: Team offering Aron Baynes in trade to create cap space (report) - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston Celtics trade rumors: Team offering Aron Baynes in trade to create cap space (report)

Post by gyso Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:03 am

I heard the words, "Baynes asked for the trade." Period.

There was nothing about a mutual agreement during that report. When Baynes brought his request to Danny, that is when it became mutual.

I'll just have to order another round for the table and move on to the next topic.

Cheers!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:17 am

gyso wrote:I heard the words, "Baynes asked for the trade."  Period.

There was nothing about a mutual agreement during that report.  When Baynes brought his request to Danny, that is when it became mutual.

I'll just have to order another round for the table and move on to the next topic.

Cheers!!
gyso

I do not doubt what you heard.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:22 am

I forgot to mention that Danny picked up a 2020 first rounder.  The picks was conveyed from the Bucks to the Suns to the Celtics.

The Celtics received a 2020 first-round pick in exchange for the 24th overall pick while also shipping away veteran center Aron Baynes
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm

So, we are to believe Baynes didn't know Kyrie was leaving and that Horford was uneasy about our prospects and was considering opting out?  Wasn't it a player's option with Baynes, didn't he choose to opt in?  And he had so little faith in Trader Danny he wanted to be traded before free agency started?  And he wanted to leave, allegedly, because he wanted to play for a contender and was okay with being traded to perennial doormat Phoenix?

Something doesn't feel right about this story.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:So, we are to believe Baynes didn't know Kyrie was leaving and that Horford was uneasy about our prospects and was considering opting out?  Wasn't it a player's option with Baynes, didn't he choose to opt in?  And he had so little faith in Trader Danny he wanted to be traded before free agency started?  And he wanted to leave, allegedly, because he wanted to play for a contender and was okay with being traded to perennial doormat Phoenix?

Something doesn't feel right about this story.

bob

Read where Baynes will look for a buyout so that he can sign on with another team.  I certainly do not believe that he went to Danny asking for a trade.  But how many times does a speculative writer put something down on paper and before you know it, it becomes a source of supposedly factual information.

Boston is sure to miss his veteran experience and professionalism.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Could Aron sign on with us after a buyout?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm

worcester wrote:Could Aron sign on with us after a buyout?
I think that put a rule in place to block that.

A while back the Celtics ended up trading a player to themselves.  I cannot recall who was involved
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2