Centers...centers?....we don't need no stinkin' Centers!

+11
tardust
gyso
jrleftfoot
wideclyde
mrkleen09
worcester
bobheckler
kdp59
BingBang!
dboss
international
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Centers...centers?....we don't need no stinkin' Centers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers...centers?....we don't need no stinkin' Centers!

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:09 pm

I like Dedmon and Vonleh would be worth a flyer. Trust International on international players.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Centers...centers?....we don't need no stinkin' Centers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers...centers?....we don't need no stinkin' Centers!

Post by gyso Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:34 pm

After looking at the list of free agents that could be signed using the exceptions that will be available to us AFTER the Kemba Walker signing, I have changed my mind about DeMarcus Cousins.

I'll take the pledge:

I hereby pledge that if, AFTER the Kemba Walker - Boston Celtics contract signing, there is any way that DeMarcus Cousins would accept a contract with the Boston Celtics for next season (or longer), I will bite my tongue for the entire season and only post neutral or positive comments about DeMarcus Cousins.

God help us all.

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:45 pm

A reporter on NBA tv just reported that Al Horford possibly could be resigned by the Celtics. That would be a nice start for the team. I would really like to see this happen.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:49 pm

can we resign Horford using the MLE, gyso?

I did see he has no scheduled visits also....curious.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:51 pm

tardust wrote:A reporter on NBA tv just reported that Al Horford possibly could be resigned by the Celtics.  That would be a nice start for the team.  I would really like to see this happen.
                                                                                            Maybe one of our resident capp experts can explain how that would work?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm

I thought we could offer our own free agents pretty much anything. Not sure about this particular situation.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:57 pm

Promise them anything, but give them Arpége.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:58 pm

if we renounce Horford, I beleive we can at best offer him the MLE to come back (or vet minimum or Bi-annual). We lose his bird rights if we renounce..

but this may make it so we can keep Horfords bird rights.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: Boston’s showing interest in a 3-team sign-and-trade w/ Kyrie Irving (Nets), Kemba Walker (Celtics) and Terry Rozier (Hornets). Boston wants to create a full MLE and would likely need to surrender at least a first-round pick to Nets. So far, talks are exploratory. – via Twitter woje

Bobby Marks: Math 501 Rozier/Kyrie combination would create a $32.7M trade exception that would allow BOS to take back Kemba and still have the full $9.3M midlevel exception available (they would be acting over the cap). Rozier would go to Charlotte in the trade exception created by Walker. – via Twitter BobbyMarks42
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:14 pm

if that trade happens, I wonder if it can be constructed so that the Celtics keep Horford's bird rights fully.

we sign Irving and Rozier to new deals, since we have their bird rights we can give them any deal that Bkn and Char want and go over the cap.

we still have Horford's bird rights.

Charlotte signs Walker to the  Celtics deal with his bird rights.

is there an way to build the trade and not have to renounce Horford's bird rights?

I we would be sending out Irvings salary ($30plusM) and Roziers salry( $12M?)

we gets back Walkers $32M? salary

Nets take Irvings deal into their cap space and get a future first for their trouble.

we stay over the cap the whole time and keep Horford's bird rights and can sign him to a new market deal?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Please see the thread:

Sources: Walker, Celtics to finalize deal Sunday

for an explanation of how we can get Kemba Walker all signed up and we still retain full Bird rights on Al Horford.  Plus we get to use the full MLE on someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Dedmon to Sacramento
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Kanter, Vonleh, even Robin Lopez. Just get a big body in here that can bang up against Embiid and let the rest of the Celtics talent take over.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Al is signing with Philly.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:51 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Kanter, Vonleh, even Robin Lopez.  Just get a big body in here that can bang up against Embiid and let the rest of the Celtics talent take over.  
Vonleh not a 5, barely a serviceable 4, more a 4 than a 5. I’d pass on him, I’d be happy with Lopez or Noel.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:29 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Kanter, Vonleh, even Robin Lopez.  Just get a big body in here that can bang up against Embiid and let the rest of the Celtics talent take over.  
Vonleh not a 5, barely a serviceable 4, more a 4 than a 5. I’d pass on him, I’d be happy with Lopez or Noel.

Cow,

Why would you want Noel when we already have Williams?  We need a wide body and a scorer at the 5-spot.  We already have the rim protector.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:34 am

worcester wrote:Al is signing with Philly.

well....as rosanne rossanadana once said..........NEVER MIND!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:43 am

Horford to Philly 4yr/ $111M

Vucevic stayed at Orlando 4yr/$100M deal (lees than Walkers new deal I would note)

Jonas Valanciunas stays at Memphis- 3yr/$45M

Brook Lopez stay at Milwaukee- 4yr/ $52M

Robin Lopez to Milwaujee 2yr/ $10M

D. Dedmon move to the kings- 3yr/$40M ( W. Cauley-Stein RFA rights renounced now and he will be a UFA)

J. Randle to the Knicks- 3yr/ $63M

Al-Farouq Aminu to Orlando 4yr/$29M

D. JOordan to the Nets 4yr/$40M

D. Davis to Utah 2yr/$10M

B. Portis to the Knicks 2yr/ $31M

thats all I have signed so far, did I miss any big men?

I know Ainge has but we got another guard at least!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 am

Looks like Cauley Stein is still available

For the record, I never liked him which means the Celtics sign him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:07 am

dboss wrote:Looks like Cauley Stein is still available

For the record, I never liked him which means the Celtics sign him.

I think you and I have been on the same page from the draft on...... We both see a need for TWO big men to compete.

But it appears Ainge  does not see that need. Maybe he still sees an all 6-8 or under team is the way to beat GS. I guess he hasn't noticed that they got beat by a team with big men (or that Philly and others are LOADING up with big men now).

The Walker signing had me scratching my head, but I haven't said anything about it here. I think Ainge's moves are considered to be godlike with many Celtic fans.

Then when I read that a sign and trade may happen with the end being we keep Horfords bird rights to resign him, I thought....ahhhh...now I see what Ainge is doing!!

but when one considers Dedmon, Aminu and P. Beverly's new deals combined cost about as much as Walkers new deal....it really has me more confused than I am most days!!

soon we will see the "patience" comments...and the "trust in Danny" ones I assume.

I hope they are right, but I think you and I are sitting here scratching our heads and wondering what the hell is going on.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:29 am

Al is gone as are most affordable big men. WTF?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

Cow,

Why would you want Noel when we already have Williams?  We need a wide body and a scorer at the 5-spot.  We already have the rim protector.

bob

Noel has strengths similar to Williams, I like a Lopez type too, Williams is not ready for starters minutes, having 2 athletic defensive players with length is not the worse thing.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:59 am

Cowens Noel is staying at OKC.

So who do you like the best. Boogie, Stein or Frank the Tank.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 am

dboss wrote:Cowens Noel is staying at OKC.

So who do you like the best.  Boogie, Stein or Frank the Tank.
Right he’s cheaper than Adams, smart move by Thunder.

The Tank can’t play, another terrible pick by MJ.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 am

Let me throw another name in the hat.  Kanter, but not sure the MLE will be enough.

Last edited by dboss on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:15 am

Most of what is left are part-time rotation centers.

I think we will see Danny sign someone to a 1 or 2 year deal. Stein is probably the best option but The Kings made him a RFA which he did not want. They will not match anything too high.

As the FA dollars begin to flatten out guys with fewer job prospects will bite for less money.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next