Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League

4 posters

Go down

Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League  Empty Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By Dave Green

The Celtics will open up summer league play in 12 days. But whether first-round pick Romeo Langford suits up for the C's in Las Vegas remains to be seen.
Langford, who tore a ligament in his thumb in late November, played through the injury while at Indiana and didn't miss a single game, but the Celtics haven't cleared him for action just yet.

"We'll evaluate him, and have our doctors take a look at him and talk to Romeo, but we haven't had that discussion yet," said Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge at the introductory press conference for the four Celtics rookies Monday morning. "We'll figure that out over the next couple of days, what the best plan for him is and his long-term health."

Langford, who didn't work out for teams during the pre-draft process due to surgery on his thumb, only started dribbling and shooting about a week and a half ago on advice from his doctor.

"She wants me to shoot, and get used to touching it, just don't get too overboard with it to where my thumb starts hurting again, so if it starts hurting, that's when I need to stop and take a break," Langford said.

Langford only shot 27.2 percent on three-pointers last season, and he admitted that the injury definitely affected his shot.
"I mean, nobody plays basketball with a cast on their thumb... It took a lot to get used to, so I feel like it was harder to shoot because it was a whole different feeling of the ball without using your thumb, but I felt like towards the end of the season, that's when I started getting more used to it," said Langford. "I felt like I had to switch my shot up a little bit to make it go in, instead of feeling it as normal, so now that's one of my big focuses. I want to get back on the court and get my mechanics back to my shot to get it back to where it used to be."

The Celtics' slate of summer league action in Las Vegas includes four games, and you'll be able to watch several of them on NBC Sports Boston. It all starts a week from Saturday against Philadelphia.

Back to top Go down

Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League  Empty Re: Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League

Post by dboss Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:20 pm

See no good reason why he should play.  Let him heal up and get ready for training camp
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League  Empty Re: Celtics unsure if Romeo Langford (thumb) will be ready for NBA Summer League

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm

dboss wrote:See no good reason why he should play.  Let him heal up and get ready for training camp
+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Well, there are about a million reasons why he needs to play in the summer league, but if his health is in question, then i agree, he should not play.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down