Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here?

+4
NYCelt
tjmakz
bobheckler
kdp59
8 posters

Go down

Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here? Empty Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here?

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 am

Butler would be eligible to sign a four-year, $140 million contract on the way to the Rockets, but Houston would likely need to include center Clint Capela and guard Eric Gordon to make the financial deal work, sources said. – via ESPN

Could Ainge get involved somehow here?

We'd have the cap space to add Capela's $14M salary for sure.

but what might Ainge have to give up to Philly to get the deal moved?

Houston Wants Butler

Philly would get Gordon and Capela instead of Butler just leaving for nothing.

Since Philly doesn't seem to need Capela, he could be relocated...but he would be a valuable asset, I would think.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here? Empty Re: Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here?

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

I'm not sure about this but I think players that are traded as part of a package cannot be retraded for 2 months.  So, if true and Capela and Gordon are packaged to Philly, then Philly can't trade Capela anywhere until September at the earliest.  GYSO?

Capela makes almost $17M.  A delayed sign-and-trade with Rozier @ the numbers being thrown around might do it.  Might be worth it too if we land Kemba so we don't have to listen to Rozier whine all year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here? Empty Re: Houston Chasing Jimmy Butler..could this lead to Capela ending up here?

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am

I was thinking more a three team deal

Boston send something to Philly in the trade and a second round pick to Houston?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am

This trade could work.

Houston receives Butler
Philadelphia receives Gordon, Smart and Yabusele
Boston receives Capela

Butler burns bridges when he leaves a team.
I doubt he will do anything to try and help Philly by participating in a sign and trade.
There are plenty of other teams that can sign Butler in their cap space.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:33 am

tjmakz wrote:This trade could work.

Houston receives Butler
Boston receives Capela

I doubt he will do anything to try and help Philly by participating in a sign and trade.

It would work, but I don't see Boston giving up Smart. Even for a badly needed big.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 am

NYCelt wrote:

Houston receives Butler
Boston receives Capela

It would work, but I don't see Boston giving up Smart. Even for a badly needed big.

You know who I would substitute for Smart in the trade. Cool

Then he'd be in Philly. We could get the opportunity to kick his ass more times this way and hopefully put his team out of the playoffs.

Yeah, that would be grand!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 am

NYCelt wrote:

Houston receives Butler
Boston receives Capela

If Boston has a commitment from Kemba in the next week, they might be willing to trade Smart and acquire Capela.
There's a good chance you could be right and Boston values Smart more than Capela.
I threw in Yabusele so Boston would gain additional cap space.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am

but we have a cap space to take on Capela and only send out futrure draft picks.

the reason Butler does it is he wants to play at Houston, which is implied.

Houston gets their man Butler .

Capela comes to Boston

Philly gets Gordon and a first from Boston (yeah they can have Yabusele too if they want).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:34 am

kdp59 wrote:but we have a cap space to take on Capela and only send out futrure draft picks.

Capela  comes to Boston

Philly gets Gordon and a first from Boston (yeah they can have Yabusele too if they want).

True, but then Capela would take up $16.4m in cap space.
Would you do this if Boston had to give up the Memphis pick?
A Boston pick in the 20's won't be enough for Capela.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Nah..keep Smart.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:40 pm

I could have seen Danny trading Smart for his Great "White" Whale, Anthony Davis.  I do not see him trading him for Clint Capela.  As yet unproven, true, but I do not see any skill sets that Capela has that Robert Williams doesn't have too, or can/will grow into.  Giving up a First Team All-Defense player and NBA Hustle Award winner for a player who is severely limited offensively and has never been named to an All-Defense team just because he's impatient for Williams to develop does not sound like Danny (especially considering he just publicly mentioned how much time he is putting in the gym and how hard he has been working since the end of the season).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm

OK. We're all willing to give up Yabusele.

A couple of our group would also pay for Rozier's plane ticket.

Que Danny to check the trade wire again.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:38 pm

I like Clint Capela - but no way Smart is going to be part of a deal for anyone other than a top player. Capela aint one.

As for Rozier, he was a positive factor two seasons ago. Scary Terry. Fighting with and owning Bledsoe. The guy was a fan favorite and loves Boston. I think he is likely our starting PG this year, as I see a very narrow part for Kemba.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:41 pm

kdp59 wrote:but we have a cap space to take on Capela and only send out futrure draft picks.

Capela  comes to Boston

I would do this trade yesterday.  Yabusele and a first rounder for Capela!

As far as I am concerned they can even have the Memphis pick.  Boston just blew through 3 first rounders and did not get anyone who could step into a starting role right now.  But they are likely to lose at least 3 starters and one of them is our center.  So Boston has to find a center this summer.  Capela has to be considered as an option.  

I think Houston would be damn foolish to part with Capela so they can pair him with harden and Paul.  There is already a distribution issue and now you add Butler to the mix?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention the downside.  Capela is a dreadful FT shooter and he has no ability to stretch the floor on offense.  He would be a liability at the end of games where foul shooting is so critical.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down